Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default I wish LeBron would stop holding Ingram back

Ingram has been on an absolute tear since LeBron has been off the court and I hope LeBron doesn't come back soon because then we will miss these big games and wont get these games again from Ingram:

Ingrams scoring in his last 5 games WITHOUT LeBron to hold him back:

10, 15, 22, 16, 8 = Wow amazing, 14.2 ppg

**He also has ONE whole steal in these 5 games ONE steal in 5 games

I am so glad to see LeBron not holding him back for once so he can flourish with 14.2 ppg and 1 steal in 5 full games

Default Re: I wish LeBron would stop holding Ingram back

He shot 1-9 the other day too. Honouring the 1-9 Dad Killer in the best way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    He shot 1-9 the other day too. Honouring the 1-9 Dad Killer in the best way possible.
    3ball did say that Ingraham was like a young Pippen so the 1-9 MJ link just makes even more sense now.

Oh look it's another "Bran needs moar halp!!" thread.

#LeGOAT

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

The Lebron-less Lakers have 3 guys that are > 2nd year pippen, 4 guys including rondo

Ingram is still figuring out how to find his offense alongside 2 other guys that are better than 2nd year Pippen

Btw, the sign of a good player is that when his offense isn't rolling, he contributes in other areas - it's actually a veteran thing to do, and that's what Ingram did last night with 11 assists

Ingram has always been a crazy talent - it's like if you're looking at a stacked team play, and you marvel how even the 3rd guy down the rotation is a 6'9" rangy athlete that can play as well as anyone out there..
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-18-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Ingram is nowhere near as explosive and athletic as Pippen, and neither has the potential to be, so that comparison is stupid.

However, what is even more stupid is someone who thinks that the second a player around whom the system is built gets injured, the others should miraculously play in a radically different fashion.

There is zero doubt that Lebronball has halted Ingram's progress, and there is zero doubt that Lebronball effects don't just disappear the second Lebron gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic

However, what is even more stupid is someone who thinks that the second a player around whom the system is built gets injured, the others should miraculously play in a radically different fashion.

There is zero doubt that Lebronball has halted Ingram's progress, and there is zero doubt that Lebronball effects don't just disappear the second Lebron gets injured

Exactly, well said

Ingram is nowhere near as explosive and athletic as Pippen, and neither has the potential to be, so that comparison is stupid.
    So I guess doncic has zero chance of ever passing Jimmy Butler, since he isn't as athletic and never will be?

Also, the recently-turned 21-year old Ingram is already a more skilled ball-handler than pippen ever was, and a far better shooter at the same age, and longer - his superior skill with the ball, shooting, and length won't necessitate the physiology of a pippen.

He's absolutely a talent and his current trajectory is all-star caliber.
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-18-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    So I guess doncic has zero chance of ever passing Jimmy Butler, since he isn't as athletic and never will be?

Also, the recently-turned 21-year old Ingram is already more a skilled ball-handler than pippen ever was, and a far better shooter at the same age, and longer - his superior skill with the ball, shooting, and length won't necessitate the physiology of a pippen.

He's absolutely a talent and his current trajectory is all-star caliber.
    I think Ingram is headed to allstar level player too, but he isn't similar to Pippen. Pippen was Pippen because of his athleticism and explosiveness. Also Ingram is a good defender but he will never be Pippen level good which is ATG. He doesn't shoot that much better, or is that more skilled that would compensate for the above.

I think Ingram is headed to allstar level player too, but he isn't similar to Pippen. Pippen was Pippen because of his athleticism and explosiveness. Also Ingram is a good defender but he will never be Pippen level good which is ATG. He doesn't shoot that much better, or is that more skilled that would compensate for the above.
    You mean All-Star level like this years Wade who's supposedly playing at an All-star level?
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 01-18-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Ingram is a 16-18 ppg scorer at 21 years and 4 months, while 22-year old pippen was a 7 ppg scorer and 17% three-point shooter

And Pippen wasn't a good NBA defender as a rookie either.. so I wouldn't make too many judgements about what Ingram might be at 23 or 25 on either end.. or by the end of this season

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    You mean All-Star level like this years Wade who's supposedly playing at an All-star level this year?
    Carmelo too.

Anyone else find it funny that posters like 3ball and PeroAntic despite watching zero Lakers basketball still believe Ingraham is the Lakers 2nd option?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Ingram is a 16-18 ppg scorer at 21 years and 4 months, while 22-year old pippen was a 7 ppg scorer and 17% three-point shooter

And Pippen wasn't a good NBA defender as a rookie either.. so I wouldn't make too many judgements about what Ingram might be at 23 or 25 on either end.. or by the end of this season
    Three point shooting wasn't that important at the time. Also both age and ppg is different today, so they can't be used as a measuring stick. Ingram will never be as good as Pippen, and whether he is better at something and at some point of Pippen's career is irrelevant and just something you use to prop the theory that MJ had no halp, which makes you no better than the LeMorons. MJ is the GOAT at there is no need to make Pippen a worse player to prove it. Leave that strategy to Simon and his alts.

Also, LeMorons please get off my nuts and tend to those of your idol as usual. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Anyone else find it funny that posters like 3ball and PeroAntic despite watching zero Lakers basketball still believe Ingraham is the Lakers 2nd option?
    3ball and Pero Antic agreeing with one another is the pinnacle of ISH. We have officially peaked, like Steph in OKC. It

Three point shooting wasn't that important at the time. Also both age and ppg is different today, so they can't be used as a measuring stick. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Ingram will never be as good as Pippen[/COLOR], and whether he is better at something and at some point of Pippen's career is irrelevant and just something you use to prop the theory that MJ had no halp, which makes you no better than the LeMorons. MJ is the GOAT at there is no need to make Pippen a worse player to prove it. Leave that strategy to Simon and his alts.

Also, LeMorons please get off my nuts and tend to those of your idol as usual. thanks
    Well he'll probably never win 6 rings like pippen, if that's what you mean

But he's already been better than pippen in HS, college, draft and thru 2 NBA seasons... and his skills are far ahead of pippen's at the same age (21)...

Scrawny 21- year olds are scrawny 21-year olds.. this kid is going to grow even more into his body and become an even better athlete

So you have no idea how this 21-year old will turn out, and it's worth mentioning that if he never reaches pippen's level of play, it's because he never played with MJ.. otherwise, the ability and trajectory is there