Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Russell Westbrook leading the league in assists and top 13 in rebounds

How isn't he in the conversation for MVP? Triple dub back to back to back Seasons while averaging 20+ppg... and noone bats an eye..

where's pauk? kblaze? and the rest of Lebronville.. pay homage to this man.. triple dub King!
    Last edited by TheImmortal; 01-18-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Default Re: Russell Westbrook leading the league in assists and top 13 in rebounds

42/24/65 shooting splits for the season.

38/20/72 in the last 10

38/25/66 last 20.

This guy is one of the worst shooters out there!

Default Re: Russell Westbrook leading the league in assists and top 13 in rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by Gileraracer

38/20/72 in the last 10

38/25/66 last 20.

Lonzo Ball is shooting better than Westbrook (except ft of course) over that spans

39/36 last 10

42/35 last 20

Shut the hell up OP. Stop using Westbrook to talk about Lebron, because we know he is the only reason you watch ball.

Some dudes don't do anything but talk about Lebron, obsession

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    How isn't he in the conversation for MVP?
    Because he's ****ing garbage at basketball?

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Westbrook and Big O - legendary pic

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gileraracer

38/20/72 in the last 10

38/25/66 last 20.

Holy wow 24% from 3P? That is like 98 MJ and Wizards MJ

Yikes

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Great as he is Westbrook has almost single-handedly devalued the triple-double. I'm not saying that it means nothing but there was a time when it was like a 40-point game. From '91 to 2011 the entire NBA averaged 34.5 triple-doubles per season. In '16-17 Westbrook had 42 (the record) all by himself. And the frequency of it has decreased the wonder. It also hurts that people suspect he intentionally plays for the milestone (I don't hold it against him but I feel that way myself). He crashes the boards harder than any point guard ever has. That's overall a positive but as someone that doesn't follow the Thunder (I may see them 10 times in a regular season) I wonder a little bit if the Thunder need him to average 9 defensive rebounds per game or f he grabs boards the bigs could easily snag but don't because the team wants to help their star shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Great as he is Westbrook has almost single-handedly devalued the triple-double. I'm not saying that it means nothing but there was a time when it was like a 40-point game. From '91 to 2011 the entire NBA averaged 34.5 triple-doubles per season. In '16-17 Westbrook had 42 (the record) all by himself. And the frequency of it has decreased the wonder. It also hurts that people suspect he intentionally plays for the milestone (I don't hold it against him but I feel that way myself). He crashes the boards harder than any point guard ever has. That's overall a positive but as someone that doesn't follow the Thunder (I may see them 10 times in a regular season) I wonder a little bit if the Thunder need him to average 9 defensive rebounds per game or f he grabs boards the bigs could easily snag but don't because the team wants to help their star shine.
    This is a good post and I agree with it. Looks like his offense is suffering because of all that energy he expends on grabbing those rebounds. He is clearly trying on defense this year, and he is also grabbing similar amount of rebounds. He needs to sacrifice the chasing rebounds or his offense will have an even steeper decline. He fell in love with the attention he got because of triple doubles. He should go back to how he played in 2016. Get them organically. Trust Paul George and Shroeder more... even though DS has fallen off a bit since his beginning hot start.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The thunder rank 23rd in assists and 95% of westbrooks rebounds are defensive gimmes that he siphons off Adams, pg13, and grant. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The thunder rank 23rd in assists and 95% of westbrooks rebounds are defensive gimmes that he siphons off Adams, pg13, and grant. Just a heads up.
    So what? LeBron and others do the exact same thing.. and at the end of the day "check my stats".

Question is.. if he improves his shooting from perimeter (where else do you shoot from lol), is he in the goat conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Shut the hell up OP. Stop using Westbrook to talk about Lebron, because we know he is the only reason you watch ball.

Some dudes don't do anything but talk about Lebron, obsession

Those rebounds are inflated. The assists are mostly forced. And all those impressive stats are canceled by his inefficiency. Westbrook is trash.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=430391

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Those rebounds are inflated. The assists are mostly forced. And all those impressive stats are canceled by his inefficiency. Westbrook is trash.

^^^^ This!!!