Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: JR Swish Is Better Than Klay Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    actually your statement is asinine. What do you base your statement on? The announcers? Klay is very heavy footed and not a great defender by any means.
    A great shooter? yes probably one of the best. He fits what the Dubs do. I think overall he is just about even with JR as a player

Irving overcame Klay's defense. Dude played some incredible defense on Irving. You might want to go back and rewatch the series.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Irving overcame Klay's defense. Dude played some incredible defense on Irving. You might want to go back and rewatch the series.

I agree. Most of Kyrie's shots weren't open. It wasn't like the guys defending him 'Gave' him those shots.

Either way, back to the topic at hand,

I love J.R, something about his shot selection makes me cringe, but at least once a game he makes a crazy shot fall and drops your jaw.
    Klay's pretty good, but he has been pretty cold in Rio so far, so I dunno about him.

Then again, I'd take him as my 2nd option over J.R smith any day,
    all the appreciation to JR and his contributions, Klay is a proven championship second fiddle. I don't see that ever happening with JR.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    I agree. Most of Kyrie's shots weren't open. It wasn't like the guys defending him 'Gave' him those shots.

Either way, back to the topic at hand,

I love J.R, something about his shot selection makes me cringe, but at least once a game he makes a crazy shot fall and drops your jaw.
    Klay's pretty good, but he has been pretty cold in Rio so far, so I dunno about him.

Then again, I'd take him as my 2nd option over J.R smith any day,
    all the appreciation to JR and his contributions, Klay is a proven championship second fiddle. I don't see that ever happening with JR.
    JR, never in his career, ever came close to doing what Klay did this season. Literally not even close. Klay is an elite player. An All-Star, All-NBA, and borderline All-Def player. JR is just a role player.

We really need to stop overhyping players whenever they have a couple of good games.

Heck even in the Finals JR averaged 11/3/2/1 on 54% TS, compares to Klay's 20/3/2/1/1 on 56% TS. JR did hit some clutch AF shots, but he's still a couple of tires below Klay as a player.

JR, never in his career, ever came close to doing what Klay did this season. Literally not even close. Klay is an elite player. An All-Star, All-NBA, and borderline All-Def player. JR is just a role player.

We really need to stop overhyping players whenever they have a couple of good games.

Heck even in the Finals JR averaged 11/3/2/1 on 54% TS, compares to Klay's 20/3/2/1/1 on 56% TS. JR did hit some clutch AF shots, but he's still a couple of tires below Klay as a player.
    Klay is a great defender.
    But I don't see him getting all NBA honors if Golden state isn't a 65+ wins team, you know?

The Guards are just too stacked.
    Think about guys like James Harden, Kyrie Irving, John Wall (Not his best season I admit), Jimmy Butler and others -DIDN'T- get voted in as All NBA.

Kudos to Klay,
    But in the same way that Ginobli and Parker were so often overlooked in All NBA/All stars voting due to the great system behind their team, I think the same could be said for Klay.

I don't really see him getting All-NBA honors in his career again, especially not with Durant on the warriors.

P.S : This in no way opposes the fact that Klay > JR

Klay is a great defender.
    But I don't see him getting all NBA honors if Golden state isn't a 65+ wins team, you know?

The Guards are just too stacked.
    Think about guys like James Harden, Kyrie Irving, John Wall (Not his best season I admit), Jimmy Butler and others -DIDN'T- get voted in as All NBA.
    Kyrie and Wall had no business being in the All-NBA teams. They just weren't All-NBA material.

But in the same way that Ginobli and Parker were so often overlooked in All NBA/All stars voting due to the great system behind their team, I think the same could be said for Klay.
    TP and Manu have been in the ASG and All-NBA multiple times.

Even if they weren't on the Spurs, they would've managed to get on there. They're talented AF.

I don't really see him getting All-NBA honors in his career again, especially not with Durant on the warriors.
    I disagree. I think he'll make the 3rd team next season again. He's a very good defender and an ATG shooter. A dude who manages to put up 22/4/3 on elite efficiency is going to make the All-NBA team. Unless Kyrie is better than last season in the RS and Wall takes a big step forward as well.

Kyrie and Wall had no business being in the All-NBA teams. They just weren't All-NBA material.

TP and Manu have been in the ASG and All-NBA multiple times.

Even if they weren't on the Spurs, they would've managed to get on there. They're talented AF.

I disagree. I think he'll make the 3rd team next season again. He's a very good defender and an ATG shooter. A dude who manages to put up 22/4/3 on elite efficiency is going to make the All-NBA team. Unless Kyrie is better than last season in the RS and Wall takes a big step forward as well.
    That's the thing,
    Do you see him putting 22 per game with Curry, Draymond and Durant on the team? I see him topping out at 16 PPG tops.

But, we'll just wait and see mate, I like Klay and I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

And btw Ginobili was at the all star game only twice, considering he was part of the 'Big three' of a team that won several championships I'd say that's not a whole lot.

That's the thing,
    Do you see him putting 22 per game with Curry, Draymond and Durant on the team? I see him topping out at 16 PPG tops.
    The only addition is KD and he's going to take away shots from the big 3. Even Curry's scoring is going to drop significantly. He won't come close to 30 PPG. Doesn't mean that he's incapable of scoring 30. IMO, if KD hadn't gone to GS, Klay would've hit 25 PPG this season.

You're probably right though. Dude probably won't make the All-NBA team, because of KD. He still is an All-NBA level talent.

But, we'll just wait and see mate, I like Klay and I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
    I really like Klay's game as well, even though he can be a bit inconsistent. When he's on fire though...

And btw Ginobili was at the all star game only twice, considering he was part of the 'Big three' of a team that won several championships I'd say that's not a whole lot.
    The problem with Manu is that he came into the league at 25. Even his first season, he didn't get any burn. In his career, he never really played significant minutes. Ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Klay is an elite player. An All-Star, All-NBA, and borderline All-Def player.
    Reported

As a talent, they're not far from each other... But as a player, Klay is a tier above JR. JR can't be a reliable 2nd option like Klay can. He's much more effective as a 4th/5th option on a contender. See New York Knicks JR for example. They tried to have him as a 2nd option to Melo, and that was a disaster.

NBA All-star

my call option is that we may well call it as a debate of differences between Richard Hamilton and Jerry Stackhouse

for what it's worth, what does it really mean when you get to be paid for an extra year to play professional basketball, to have an extra year of career

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Reported[/COLOR]
    22/4/2/1/1 on 60% TS in the RS
    24/4/2/1/1 on 59% TS in the PO's
    20/3/2/1/1 on 56% TS in the Finals

Better than Cuckrry in the Finals as well, considering the fact that he wasn't a god-awful defender.