Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: ISH Vote: #4 Player in NBA History (2016 ISH GOAT List)

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And your boy Lebron SINGLE-HANDEDLY LOSING game four and the series in the 2007 Finals with 20 missed FGAs (10-30) and 4 missed FTs (2-6) ...in a ONE POINT LOSS.

3 inch LeChoke at his finest.
    You bring it up so often, makes me wonder if you actually measured it with your tongue.

4 MVP's, 3 Rings, and 3 FMVP's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 Gifted MVP's, 2 Gifted Rings, and 1 Gifted FMVP.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Dude just keeps making up excuses. Shaq had failures and I admit it. Wade had failures and I admit it. LeBron had failures and I admit it. when it comes to Chokerlain though, it's the coaches fault. Apparently, it was the coaches fault that Ilt had the most EPIC chokes in the history of the game.

Lets also not forget that even if he had Red, Loozers would blame his teammates, the size of the hoop, and the air in the ball.
    You tell me...

https://books.google.com/books?id=9B...20post&f=false

Butch Van Breda Kolff:

"So we were able to throw the ball down low to Wilt, and he would score, but it was an ugly offense to watch."

Wilt:

"Butch wanted me to play the high post so Elgin could drive, but they got me for my rebounding. Why pull a guy away from the basket when you want him to rebound?"
    Yep...move Wilt out at the high post so that Elgin could drive the baseline. How did that work in that Finals BTW? Baylor shot .397 from the field in the series, and in three of the losses (by margins of 6, 2, and 1 point), he shot 4-18, 2-14 (and 1-5 from the line in that 1 point loss), and a game seven of 8-22 (in a two point loss.)

Can you imagine Phil Jackson going to a prime Shaq, and asking him to play the HIGH POST????

Incidently, Wilt's new coach the next season made WILT the focal of the offense, and he was leading the league in scoring, at 32.2 ppg (on a .579 FG% ... to go along with 20.6 rpg), when he shredded the SAME knee that he injured in game seven of the '69 Finals in his ninth game (Oh, and rookie KAJ would average 28.8 ppg on a .518 FG% that same season.). BTW. he had played 28 minutes in that game, and had scored 33 points on 13-14 from the field. In other words, he was well on his way to yet another 50+ point game.

Too bad too. He was never the same offensive force again...albeit, he was still, by far, the game's best rebounder and defensive force.

Hell, in his last post-season, at age 36, and covering 17 games, he averaged 22.5 rpg, in a post-season NBA that averaged 50.6 rpg (just last year the NBA averaged 42.0 in the '16 post-season.) No one has approached that mark since (18.3 rpg being the next best mark.) So, reducing Wilt's rpg down to '16 post-season level... 18.7 rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You bring it up so often, makes me wonder if you actually measured it with your tongue.

4 MVP's, 3 Rings, and 3 FMVP's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 Gifted MVP's, 2 Gifted Rings, and 1 Gifted FMVP.
    A PRIME Shaq going up Greg (I can't dunk) Ostertag...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...s-vs-jazz.html

BTW...Shaq's post-season record against Big Greg.... 1-8.

Ostertag...the "Shaq Stopper"

oh wait...that belonged to the all-time great Curry...Eddie Curry...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=onealsh01

You tell me...

https://books.google.com/books?id=9B...20post&f=false

Yep...move Wilt out at the high post so that Elgin could drive the baseline. How did that work in that Finals BTW? Baylor shot .397 from the field in the series, and in three of the losses (by margins of 6, 2, and 1 point), he shot 4-18, 2-14 (and 1-5 from the line in that 1 point loss), and a game seven of 8-22 (in a two point loss.)

Can you imagine Phil Jackson going to a prime Shaq, and asking him to play the HIGH POST????

Incidently, Wilt's new coach the next season made WILT the focal of the offense, and he was leading the league in scoring, at 32.2 ppg (on a .579 FG% ... to go along with 20.6 rpg), when he shredded the SAME knee that he injured in game seven of the '69 Finals in his ninth game (Oh, and rookie KAJ would average 28.8 ppg on a .518 FG% that same season.). BTW. he had played 28 minutes in that game, and had scored 33 points on 13-14 from the field. In other words, he was well on his way to yet another 50+ point game.

Too bad too. He was never the same offensive force again...albeit, he was still, by far, the game's best rebounder and defensive force.

Hell, in his last post-season, at age 36, and covering 17 games, he averaged 22.5 rpg, in a post-season NBA that averaged 50.6 rpg (just last year the NBA averaged 42.0 in the '16 post-season.) No one has approached that mark since (18.3 rpg being the next best mark.) So, reducing Wilt's rpg down to '16 post-season level... 18.7 rpg.
    Wilt blaming his coach to excuse his chokes doesn't mean we're about to do the same.

The man averaged 12 ppg in the 1969 finals while missing more free throws than the result margin in game 7 as Jerry West scored 42 points but was let down by the choker.

There's a reason Wilt just isn't considered on the same level as a Lebron james, all time

3 fmvps

A PRIME Shaq going up Greg (I can't dunk) Ostertag...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...s-vs-jazz.html

BTW...Shaq's post-season record against Big Greg.... 1-8.

Ostertag...the "Shaq Stopper"

oh wait...that belonged to the all-time great Curry...Eddie Curry...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=onealsh01
    Better than Chokerlain's numbers in the Finals.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wilt Charmberlain.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Wilt Charmberlain.
    This thread is over we're on number 5