Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Default Re: [Official Kobe Bryant Thread] Kobe's Return

The best thing that happened since Kobe's return that I've seen is it keeps Pau mostly in the paint. Notice how Kobe's been looking and dishing off to Pau yes I'm all for that coz it puts Pau back where he belongs Lakers again can work inside out ala championship years.

Furthermore Kobe's like a coach on the floor coz if Pau slacks off Kobe gets in his face and judging by his play Pau's game has noticeably improved less perimeter attempts and more attempts in the paint. Lakers restoring their 1 2 punch and with swaggy P as their 3rd go to guy we have a chance to make some noise!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Not sure if this is accurate but wikiAnswers says
    Answer:

Without Kobe, the Lakers are 43-21 (including 0-1 in playoffs), as of Feb 1, 2012.
    That includes a game where he played only 1 minute, as well as a game he played 6 minutes (going 1 for 2, scoring 2 pts total.
    Can anybody validate? thanks
    This all is BS what counts is the 5 chips with kobe

End of thread... Now everbody go to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

LMFAO.....I swear I was just going to post this:

Obviously I agree with you completely

I always tell Tam to stop looking at stats and watch the actual game!

Local High School Star

But then why have a coach? because now they play no where near what MDA wants. the only thing he does is giving stupid interviews.

Home of the 16

@tam, thread merged.

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    But then why have a coach? because now they play no where near what MDA wants. the only thing he does is giving stupid interviews.
    "But uuuuhhhmm, (insert bullshit here).... but uuuuhhhmmm"

Thats all I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    "But uuuuhhhmm, (insert bullshit here).... but uuuuhhhmmm"

Thats all I hear.

Yeah, that's what guys who know basketball hear when he talks......But when Jimmy Buss listens he is all "Wow, wow, wow.....he's so brilliant and amazing!!!"

OMG, sorry for hitting a nerve "Kobe-FAN"
    I was just asking to validate the answer.
    Chicago won atleast 55 games when MJ left the first time. Does that mean he is not a great player?
    Well ofcourse Lakers wouldn't have won 5 rings without Kobe. I felt the year 2001, Kobe should have won the MVP esp when he almost single-handedly dominated the Spurs in San Antonio. The problem was when they to the finals, Shaq would dominate the weaker centers of the East, hence, he wins the finals MVPs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    OMG, sorry for hitting a nerve "Kobe-FAN"
    I was just asking to validate the answer.
    Chicago won atleast 55 games when MJ left the first time. Does that mean he is not a great player?
    Well ofcourse Lakers wouldn't have won 5 rings without Kobe. I felt the year 2001, Kobe should have won the MVP esp when he almost single-handedly dominated the Spurs in San Antonio. The problem was when they to the finals, Shaq would dominate the weaker centers of the East, hence, he wins the finals MVPs.
    I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time
    ......and Great that you are posting more!!!

Exclamation Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

@Lakers: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks

the contract extensions sounds right now :)

Link:
    http://www.lakersnation.com/breaking...ry/2013/12/19/
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 12-24-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Home of the 16

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Yeah, saw him went down last night. Took him about 5 minutes to shake it off. Damn, didn't know it was that bad. Get well soon, Kobe!

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Yeah, saw him went down last night. Took him about 5 minutes to shake it off. Damn, didn't know it was that bad. Get well soon, Kobe!
    tank time

Home of the 16

tank time
    Around the late 10's? But, I really think that we'll make it to at least 8th or 10th seed.

1st 14 of the 15 draft picks belongs to the East. haha

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Just think Kobe played the last 6 minutes in the 4th with a fracture but the good news is that he won't be needing a surgery. At least Kobe will be back sooner unlike D Rose who'll be out for the season again hurry back Kobe the Lakers need u.