Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Top ten players in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Who's to say Durant won't be another Vince Carter or T-Mac? There's ALWAYS a "the next guy" or two who ends up doing nothing. My opinion is that Durants ceiling is being the Karl Malone of this era.
    Well, he's already led his team to the Finals and two WCFs, hasn't been injury prone, and there hasn't been any questions about his effort or work ethic. At this pace, he's clearly going to surpass them. Of course, you're right, pace doesn't necessarily mean shit, but there's not much reason to assume he won't surpass them.

You'd have a point to ask if Durant should still be the second best player in the league, if you could provide someone who would inarguably deserve that over him.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    At this pace, he's clearly going to surpass them.
    Yeah, if he hasn't already in most people's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I still can't believe they lost to Chicago's bench on their home floor in a game 7
    Then you don't follow basketball or know the game well.

Chicago was the favorite going in and why I predicted they would win in 6 or 7.

-Chicago won the season series 3-1 (9-3 vs. Miami, NY and BK last season)
    -Boozer dominated Evans every game he played against BK.
    -Noah is the best defensive center in the East along with Hibbert.
    -Thibs the best coach in the East with the best system, thus it doesn't matter who plays (kind of why Rose could miss half a season 2 years ago and they still have the best record)
    -Chicago had years of playoff experience together, BK none
    -Wallace and Evans were the worst forward tandem in the NBA
    -PJC probably the worst coach in the NBA (3rd worst record of all time)

Chicago was the worst match-up other than Miami for the Nets.
    Fortunately they've address most of those weaknesses.

It was pretty simple to see the outcome of that series ahead of time, though I was surprised the Nets came back from down 3-1 to tie it and Lopez played as well as he did in 1st playoffs.

BTW.. it wasn't their bench as 3/5 starters were playing, can't really count Rose being out since he was out all year.

1. LBJ
    2. Durant
    3. CP3
    4. Howard
    5. Rose
    6. Melo
    7. Harden
    8. Duncan
    9. Dirk
    10. Wade

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Great post. Watching the finals, Parker can be more noticeable with his shots in the lane and dribbling around defenders. But Duncan is the guy you're legit afraid of down the stretch. The guy anchored their defense all series and was a monster on offense at times. There was a point i would be shocked when he missed a shot.
    Thanks. I completely agree about Parker being more noticeable.

Parker's style of play is more entertaining to some than Duncan's but Timmy does so many other things that are often unheralded in today's league like great help defense, effective screen setting and just knowing how to play the game.

I am going to miss him when he retires, so I enjoyed watching true greatness have a resurgence last year at his age.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

When healthy:

1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Kobe Bryant
    6. Dirk Nowitzki
    7. Russell Westbrook
    8. Tony Parker
    9. Carmelo Anthony
    10. Dwyane Wade

Lebron
    Durant
    CP3
    Kobe
    Wade
    Dwight
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Rose
    Duncan

Top 1 Bball Mind.

All Healthy:

1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Chris Paul
    4. Dwight Howard
    5. Derrick Rose
    6. Tim Duncan
    7. Carmelo Anthony
    8. James Harden
    9. Dwyane Wade
    10. Kobe Bryant

Something like that

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Then you don't follow basketball or know the game well.

Chicago was the favorite going in and why I predicted they would win in 6 or 7.

-Chicago won the season series 3-1 (9-3 vs. Miami, NY and BK last season)
    -Boozer dominated Evans every game he played against BK.
    -Noah is the best defensive center in the East along with Hibbert.
    -Thibs the best coach in the East with the best system, thus it doesn't matter who plays (kind of why Rose could miss half a season 2 years ago and they still have the best record)
    -Chicago had years of playoff experience together, BK none
    -Wallace and Evans were the worst forward tandem in the NBA
    -PJC probably the worst coach in the NBA (3rd worst record of all time)

Chicago was the worst match-up other than Miami for the Nets.
    Fortunately they've address most of those weaknesses.

It was pretty simple to see the outcome of that series ahead of time, though I was surprised the Nets came back from down 3-1 to tie it and Lopez played as well as he did in 1st playoffs.

BTW.. it wasn't their bench as 3/5 starters were playing, can't really count Rose being out since he was out all year.
    Ummm season series doesn't mean much, especially if its 3-1, and half the Bulls were sick or injured, some not even playing, for much of the series. And I don't remember the Bulls being favored, which wouldn't even matter anyway, cause there's no way they would've been favored if we knew about the health issues they would have. There's no good excuse for them to lose that series.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I think you overrated Deron. He is a nice PG. But he isn't a great defender and doesn't always play hard. The guy is kind of a whiny bitch. I don't think CP3 would have lost to Nate Robinson's Bulls.
    They were Noah's Bulls, and I don't think Deron would lose to the spurs by 60 on his home floor.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Then why did you leave off Wade? Most people had him in the top 5 during stretches last year. If you're going to say that he declined, due to his playoff performace, he didn't. He was injured.

Also, Kobe doesn't play elite defense. He hardly played defense last year.
    CP3 didn't average 20 and 10. His numbers were 16.9 and 9.7. If you're going to round them up, it should be 17 and 10.
    Deron Willams in the top 10? Have you seen him play defense?

1. Lebron - Obvious reasons.
    2. Durant - Same as Lebron.
    3. Dwight Howard - An injured Howard put up 17/12/3 on 58%. He's healthy now.
    4. Carmelo - Scoring championship with 7 RPG.
    5. Westbrook/Wade - Wade takes the spot if he develops his game and gets better as promised.
    6. CP3/Wade - Same reason as above.
    7/8. Harden - He sucks on defense, but averaged pretty crazy numbers.
    7/8. Duncan - Until proven otherwise, he's a top 10 player.
    9. Tony Parker - One of the better PG's.
    10. Paul George - Good offensive players and a great defender.
    The funniest part is that you talk about Derons defense which is actually very good according to stats but you put in Tony Parker who is an unathletic, small and weak PG.

I forgot about Wade, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Ummm season series doesn't mean much, especially if its 3-1, and half the Bulls were sick or injured, some not even playing, for much of the series. And I don't remember the Bulls being favored, which wouldn't even matter anyway, cause there's no way they would've been favored if we knew about the health issues they would have. There's no good excuse for them to lose that series.
    There is no excuse, it was absolutely disgusting. The only players that actually gave it their all were Deron and Blatche. Brook let an injured Noah molest him in the paint, Joes lack of offensive play allowed the Bulls to put Jimmy Butler on Deron, Reggie Evans let Boozer dominate him on both the boards and on offense, Wallace's inability to shoot allowed the Bulls to clog the paint, CJ Watson single handedly cost them a game, the coaching was awful etc. It was an absolutely disgusting performance outside of Blatche and Deron, there was no sense of urgency, everyone was just walking up the court like it was a regular season game against the Bobcats.

Hopefully this offseason, they solved al their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Who's to say Durant won't be another Vince Carter or T-Mac? There's ALWAYS a "the next guy" or two who ends up doing nothing. My opinion is that Durants ceiling is being the Karl Malone of this era.
    Shut up. Durant is probably going to end up as a top 10 player of all time by the time he retires. If Westbrook wasn't hurt, they would have taken spurs to at least 6 games in WCF, they wouldn't have won because harden was a big factor in them winning over spurs in 2012.
    Duran't 2012 finals numbers were pretty great. if that OKC team met 2013 playoff heat team, i would put my money on OKC to take the series to at least 7 games. If wade played like he did in 2012 playoffs by putting up 22PPG, heat would have probably not lost a single game till they met the spurs in finals. 2012 Heat team was very strong and durant shouldn't feel that bad about losing to that team. He played really well and put up great numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    The funniest part is that you talk about Derons defense which is actually very good according to stats but you put in Tony Parker who is an unathletic, small and weak PG.

I forgot about Wade, my bad.
    Parker might not be great defensively but he is really athletic. He probably runs the most on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    Parker might not be great defensively but he is really athletic. He probably runs the most on the court.
    Parker weighs like 170 pounds and has a 20 inch vert. Hes your typical defensive liability at the PG position, not to mention that Deron is also a better shooter and Passer than Parker and he doesn't have the gift of playing in Greg Popovics system.