Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default End of the Thibs era. Who else is gone?

This was the excuse Paxson and Forman were looking for to fire Thibs. Who do you think they'll replace him with? Scott Brooks?

Also, I think we'll see a different roster at least when it comes to the bench. I think Taj, Hinrich, Brooks are all gone. I think the only change made to the starting lineup will be Dunleavy leaving.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: End of the Thibs era. Who else is gone?

Noah, Butler, Rose, Mirotic, Snell and McDermott will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    This was the excuse Paxson and Forman were looking for to fire Thibs. Who do you think they'll replace him with? Scott Brooks?

Also, I think we'll see a different roster at least when it comes to the bench. I think Taj, Hinrich, Brooks are all gone. I think the only change made to the starting lineup will be Dunleavy leaving.
    Brooks is not a bad choice but he is not my top choice. Between him and an inexperienced college coach, then I'll pick Scott.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

This team quit on the fans. It was pathetic. I'd be open to trading anyone for the right deal. Obviously I'd like to see Rose continue to return to MVP form and Butler stick around. But I'd be open to trading Noah and anyone else not named Butler or Rose or Gasol.

First of all, one thread is all we need for all of our woes right now.

I am not down with blaming all of the Bulls problems on Coach Thibs. If you want to talk about starters playing heavy minutes, I have some concerns about that too. If you want to call him a defensive genius but consider him to be weak on offense, I am open to that discussion.

There is no way that we can say that this guy had a truly fair shot with all of the injuries the Bulls have had the last few seasons. I don't blame Thibs for the body language of the players last night and the woeful effort given by 98% of them. That is all on them.

I have a gut feeling that Coach Thibs is gone no matter what we say or how well we say it on any forum. This is the era of firing coaches with winning records even before a season is finished. We are a society that trades away people in human relationships like we are upgrading for the newest phone. It's lame. So of course good coaches get fired.

As far as the players and who can be traded? Don't kid yourself. We don't have ANY untouchable players. The Bulls are in a weird situation where they have their best player in Butler, and a most popular and loved player in Rose. Derrick is the only one that can truly know that he is staying unless he says he wants out. No one else should feel truly safe.

I wouldn't trade ANYONE of these guys just because I am upset and pissed off right now. I would however trade ANYBODY on this team for the right players going forward. Jimmy could be a sign and trade deal for the right player. Most of us love Noah, but this isn't the Spurs where management waits for him to get healthy and return to form. There is no loyalty in this organization (with the Rose exception ) and the players should feel the pressure as much as Thibs.

This season was a huge disappointment and game 6 was horrible trash.

I'm pissed off right now so take this post with a grain of salt.

I don't mind losing, but I deplore losing like that. Changes do need to be made.

It is obvious at this point that Thibs has lost this team. I love him to death but it's time to move on. I have no idea who could possibly fill those shoes, but it needs to happen.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone but Rose and Butler are expendable. They've both shown they are game changers. I love Noah on this team more than anyone else and I do think he will be much better next year, but if we get value for him now then I can see FO pulling the trigger. Taj has been a great role player and we may get value for him as well. I may even think of it as doing him a favor right now. Mirotic was a disappointment in a huge game 4 (turning point of this series, I knew the series was over when we didn't lead the game by 20 at the start of the 4th quarter) but I do think he's valuable down the line.

College superstar

Taj should not be traded -- his contract is a steal considering his abilities and temperment.

Noah should not be traded -- one of the best defensive players in the league, and arguably the best passing center, as well.

Let's not live so fully in the moment, and look at other factors, and remember what these guys can be.

Our team needs to focus on offensive versatility and shooting.
    Starting lineup NEEDS to be Rose, Butler, Doug, Gasol/Mirotic, Noah/Gasol.

I've been saying now, for years, that the Bulls need to embrace shooting and the three ball.

Gasol was huge for us this year, but he's getting old, and he blocks Mirotic. I say talk to Gasol and have him embrace the "6th man of the year" role, or trade him for size/depth/athleticism. Something like Hickson and Foye for Gasol.

Rose/Brooks
    Butler/Foye
    McDermott/Snell
    Mirotic/Gibson
    Noah/Hickson

More shooting, more playmaking, enough defensive players to be good enough... if Rose can rekindle his drive and kick game to open up those shooters, and if we can utilize Mirotic properly, then that team can be pretty solid.

I think only Taj might be traded. He's a luxury at this point, on a great contract that a lot of teams would kill for. He can probably start on no less than 20 teams in the league and play well in that role.

I hope Dunleavy comes back, but he may be priced out. Wouldn't mind Brooks coming back, but yeah he's under the Dunleavy category. I think under a coach that isn't Thibs Kirk could still be utilized properly for the 10-15 he can play sometimes, if Thibs is back I kinda hope Kirk retires I love the guy, but Thibs just completely misused/overused him against the Cavs.

If Thibs is gone hopefully we get Alvin Gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I think only Taj might be traded. He's a luxury at this point, on a great contract that a lot of teams would kill for. He can probably start on no less than 20 teams in the league and play well in that role.

I hope Dunleavy comes back, but he may be priced out. Wouldn't mind Brooks coming back, but yeah he's under the Dunleavy category. I think under a coach that isn't Thibs Kirk could still be utilized properly for the 10-15 he can play sometimes, if Thibs is back I kinda hope Kirk retires I love the guy, but Thibs just completely misused/overused him against the Cavs.

If Thibs is gone hopefully we get Alvin Gentry.
    Gentry inherited the Suns team that was stacked in offense, thanks to D'Antoni. Fine tuned the defense and took that team to WCF.
    Career record is 47.5%
    take away that "magical year", and he only had TWO winning seasons out of 11 times he coached.
    Im not saying he is a bad coach but are you telling me you are going to "SETTLE" on this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Gentry inherited the Suns team that was stacked in offense, thanks to D'Antoni. Fine tuned the defense and took that team to WCF.
    Career record is 47.5%
    take away that "magical year", and he only had TWO winning seasons out of 11 times he coached.
    Im not saying he is a bad coach but are you telling me you are going to "SETTLE" on this guy?
    I'm not sure I see a better candidate right now.
    -D'antoni? No thanks I don't want to see him run Rose and Noah into the ground like he did Amare and Kobe's knees.
    -Hoiberg? An unproven college coach? Eh.
    -Brooks? No thanks. I don't want to watch Thibs-lite.

So...? Ron Adams? I HIGHLY doubt he's coming back. Mike Malone? Eh. JVG isn't coming to Chicago after one of his favorite coaches got canned and he knows the relationship between the FO and Thibs, plus with Vinny.

that means ...who?

Disappointing season for sure. This team did not meet expectations this year for sure.

I would normally say this team didn't have the time to gel because of injuries and guys in and out of the lineup and so on and so forth, but i'm tired of that excuse.

No reason why we shouldn't have gotten past the Cavs and then certainly get past the Hawks. Absolutely no reason. The Cavs were more banged up than we were and we didn't take advantage. This was our best shot to get past a Lebron led team and we blew it. Their third best player in Kevin Love was injured and out for the whole series. Their second best player Kyrie Irving played hurt and was obviously a shell of his normal self. JR Smith one of their better playmakers and scorers was suspended for the first two games and we STILL lost in 6 games.

That game 6 performance in Chicago was embarrassing. An elimination game at home and that's the best performance? Unacceptable.

That game alone and expectations not being met is reasons for change.
    Thibs is a great defensive mind, but we can't ignore his faults anymore.

Like Noah said earlier this year guys like Noah, Butler and Rose don't play hard because of a coach. What they need is a fresh perspective. A guy that's going to come in and expand how we play the game. A guy that's going to be more open to a diverse way to go about the game. Someone who will put our guys in a better position to succeed and utilize their strengths.

Going into the Cleveland series one of the biggest advantages we had was our bench against theirs and our bench blew it. Part of it is because they didn't show up and part of it is because Thibs didn't give them the vote of confidence and the time to succeed. There's no way in hell Hinrich should be getting playing time over Snell, but Hinrich got a lot of floor time doing nothing while Snell was buried on the bench. Snell is a better shooter, a better defender, a better slasher and way more athletic.

A guy like Mirotic was huge for us during the season and then Thibs barely plays him in the playoffs. Come on. Mirotic didn't play well in limited minutes because his confidence and rhythm was stripped from him by his coach.

Thibs needs to go. I hope the team stays pretty much the same tho.

Would just like for Snell and McDermott to get more playing time.

Rose and Butler are the second best backcourt in the league.

Noah needs to get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Disappointing season for sure. This team did not meet expectations this year for sure.

I would normally say this team didn't have the time to gel because of injuries and guys in and out of the lineup and so on and so forth, but i'm tired of that excuse.

No reason why we shouldn't have gotten past the Cavs and then certainly get past the Hawks. Absolutely no reason. The Cavs were more banged up than we were and we didn't take advantage. This was our best shot to get past a Lebron led team and we blew it. Their third best player in Kevin Love was injured and out for the whole series. Their second best player Kyrie Irving played hurt and was obviously a shell of his normal self. JR Smith one of their better playmakers and scorers was suspended for the first two games and we STILL lost in 6 games.

That game 6 performance in Chicago was embarrassing. An elimination game at home and that's the best performance? Unacceptable.

That game alone and expectations not being met is reasons for change.
    Thibs is a great defensive mind, but we can't ignore his faults anymore.

Like Noah said earlier this year guys like Noah, Butler and Rose don't play hard because of a coach. What they need is a fresh perspective. A guy that's going to come in and expand how we play the game. A guy that's going to be more open to a diverse way to go about the game. Someone who will put our guys in a better position to succeed and utilize their strengths.

Going into the Cleveland series one of the biggest advantages we had was our bench against theirs and our bench blew it. Part of it is because they didn't show up and part of it is because Thibs didn't give them the vote of confidence and the time to succeed. There's no way in hell Hinrich should be getting playing time over Snell, but Hinrich got a lot of floor time doing nothing while Snell was buried on the bench. Snell is a better shooter, a better defender, a better slasher and way more athletic.

A guy like Mirotic was huge for us during the season and then Thibs barely plays him in the playoffs. Come on. Mirotic didn't play well in limited minutes because his confidence and rhythm was stripped from him by his coach.

Thibs needs to go. I hope the team stays pretty much the same tho.

Would just like for Snell and McDermott to get more playing time.

Rose and Butler are the second best backcourt in the league.

Noah needs to get healthy.

Great post overall.

Rose and Butler the 2nd best backcourt duo though? Better than Wall and Beal? Better than the splash brothers? I think they might be top 5 if they are both perfectly healthy and 100% committed to playing hard.

I just can't heap much praise on any of these guys after watching that series against the Cavs. I think it should be a long time before we start talking about how awesome our players are, or thinking we are contenders for a championship.

I think it's time to fly under the radar for a while with our Bulls.

I am just sitting here blown away by game 6. Seriously.... who can we add to this team to get moving away from the treadmill and back to the road?

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    Great post overall.

Rose and Butler the 2nd best backcourt duo though? Better than Wall and Beal? Better than the splash brothers? I think they might be top 5 if they are both perfectly healthy and 100% committed to playing hard.

I just can't heap much praise on any of these guys after watching that series against the Cavs. I think it should be a long time before we start talking about how awesome our players are, or thinking we are contenders for a championship.

I think it's time to fly under the radar for a while with our Bulls.

I am just sitting here blown away by game 6. Seriously.... who can we add to this team to get moving away from the treadmill and back to the road?
    . Only Curry and Thompson are better. They are first we are second. DRose and Jimmy Butler are better than Wall and Beal. And any other backcourt in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    . Only Curry and Thompson are better. They are first we are second. DRose and Jimmy Butler are better than Wall and Beal. And any other backcourt in the league.

Hmm. Well, for me personally that is going to be very difficult to believe for a while. Again, if both guys are completely healthy and extremely motivated to win then it could be true. Will Derrick Rose ever be fully healthy again? How long will his knees stay healthy?

Does everyone still want or expect a "proven" coach for this Bulls team? I don't think the Bulls are going to be contenders for several years unless some trade happens this summer. Can I throw out a name that will shock most of you for our next possible coach?

I am talking starting from the ground up again like the Del Negro days. ready? How about Chris Webber?

I think Webber wants to go into management/ownership, not coaching. He's part of a group wanting to buy the Hawks.

College superstar

1) LOL at Rose/Butler being better than Wall/Beal. I know the caveat "if fully healthy" was brought up, but I can't even entertain that until it's proven. At this point, we need to assume Rose is hurt.

2) Why wouldn't this team contend? Unless we trade a major piece, we're still in "win now" mode.

3) As long as we're in "win now" mode, we need a coach to reflect that. Who? Mike Malone? Monty Williams? Alvin Gentry? I don't know. I don't follow coaching ranks. At all.

4) I think trading Taj would be a bad move, unless we get legit value for him. His contract is incredible. Gasol is the one to trade, if we trade someone. Opens up more time for Mirotic.

5) I honestly think the only change we "need" is trading Thibs for a pick. Some team would bite on that.