Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default ...

i dont understand why they would switch mid season. Players worked all off season with this ball, now they have to adjust mid season.

I think it should have been done for next year.

Will Kwame be able to catch the old ball?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    i dont understand why they would switch mid season. Players worked all off season with this ball, now they have to adjust mid season.

If you all remember, the players union went on the attack... Stern backed down.. which was the right thing to do and also means the players union's argument had merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease

I don't think it will be a problem, just like the new ball wasn't really a that big of a problem. I am surprised that they aren't going to wait, but they are NBA players, they should be fine.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

I finally got my hands on one of those new balls last week. I hated it immediately. good move for a change.

Bunch of overpaid crybabies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Will Kwame be able to catch the old ball?
    prob not.. the lakers are gonna go back to before. Luke wont be able to shoot and Kwame wont be able to catch the ball. Its a sad day in Lakerland

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

Be interesting to see what happens to turnovers across the league.

Stephen A Smith made a good point. Stern gives the players the ball. He now hs fans/players talkin about that and overlookin the fact he doesnt CARE about giving in to the ball issue. What he wont give in is the refs slapping players quickly for verbal harrassment during a game. THAT is what he cares about and he will fight tooth and nail to keep that rule in effect and enforced.

So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again.

They pulled it quicker than New Coke.

New Coke > Micro Fiber Ball

No more crazy shooters bounces.

I'm more excited because the nets will swoosh like they are supposed to now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Stephen A Smith made a good point. Stern gives the players the ball. He now hs fans/players talkin about that and overlookin the fact he doesnt CARE about giving in to the ball issue. What he wont give in is the refs slapping players quickly for verbal harrassment during a game. THAT is what he cares about and he will fight tooth and nail to keep that rule in effect and enforced.

So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again.
    That is the truth.

"?So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again."

You WANT to see your players energy get pointlessely wasted in a no-win argument? ... let a coach work the refs...

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    "?So while everyone screaming YIPPEE for the new ball, that is the least of the problems. Stern threw u a bone and you're happy but you ignore the crappy yard you play in.

Stern wins again."

You WANT to see your players energy get pointlessely wasted in a no-win argument? ... let a coach work the refs...
    Agreed....the quick T's are pretty much a thing of the past now anyway. Players don't complain as much, and when they do, they don't have a crybaby fit in the middle of court.

You can bet that the ONLY reason they are switching back is because of the cuts players are getting. In the end it's just a ball and any effect on gameplay itself is minimal at best. I wouldn't be surprised if Spalding addresses the cutting issue and the new ball(an improved version) is back as soon as next season.