Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Learning to shoot layups

Talking

LOL at the idiocy.

The way people talk, Dwight Howard is the next coming of Wilt Chamberlain and Amare Stoudemire is an updated version of John Wallace. Are you kidding me? This guy abused Tim Duncan in the playoffs, Howard hasn't even tasted the playoffs yet. Defensively, Howard is the better player, but offensively, he can't hold a candle to Stoudemire.

They are very similar players, but people acting like Amare's career is over somehow, really need to get a clue. At this rate, Stoudemire will be an All-Star, and I promise you that come playoff time, no team wants any part of him. There isn't a center in the Western Conference that can stop this guy when he gets going.

Howard as well will continue to do well, he's a terrific player who will only keep improving, but what I don't understand is this "zero-sum" idea, where if Howard is a terrific player, than Stoudemire must be crap. Why is it so hard to admit that both are damn good?

Oh, I didn't see the game today, but it was good to hear that Trevor Ariza is finally ballin'. My favorite player off the Knicks for the past few years, he's always had a lot of potential to be a pretty good player, glad he's showing it off.
    Last edited by Mahmoud; 12-12-2006 at 05:10 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Mayweather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmoud
    There isn't a center in the Western Conference that can stop this guy when he gets going.
    There isnt a center in the NBA that can stop him if it get it going. Then again, there isnt a center in the NBA that can stop Yao when he gets it going.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mayweather
    There isnt a center in the NBA that can stop him if it get it going. Then again, there isnt a center in the NBA that can stop Yao when he gets it going.

If $100,000 depended on the correct answer, who would you predict to get "it going" first and more often?

Not airballing my layups anymore Mayweather's Avatar

If $100,000 depended on the correct answer, who would you predict to get "it going" first and more often?
    Is that supposed to be a trick question? Yao of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    You think this way because you spend too much time on ISH reading moronic posts.
    1. Guaranteed you spend more time on ISH than I ever will.

2. I am a huge Suns/Amare fan. I have watched every game of their's this season, paying special attention to Amare. I don't base my conclusions on Dwight riders. This opinion was based on simple observation. Amare STRUGGLES on defense, especially this season. When you foul out of a game guarding Nenad Kristic and Mikki Moore, you know you're not a good defender, and it's even harder when your lateral movement is still coming after 2 knee surgeries. Who's to say a player like Dwight, who is leaps and bounds better than both these players combined will ever be, wouldn't have his way with Amare? You act like Dwight isn't that good. That being said, he proved me wrong. And nowhere did I say Amare wouldn't have a good offensive game, but based on previous observation, this looked like a mismatch, but to quote Chris Berman, "That's why they play the games." Amare might've played the best defensive game of the year thus far. Good for him. He's still a great player, and I agree that ever since the microfracture surgery, he was replaced as the next great big man. Amare is still the shiz!!

like i've said before, we're not even comparing them on equal terms. If Dwight had microfracture knee surgery, it would severely hurt his rebounding and blocking ability, and then where would he be?

Right now, he and Amare are both great players, but Amare is still recovering and will get better. He may have reached his peak in 2004 in terms of athleticism but not in terms of his overall game.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    Howard isnt even close to being in Amares league.

Amare > Bosh > Howard.
    i agree.

howard is like an ultra raw orlando shaq but with 70% of the offensive game at best, less passing skills and worst eye for blocking shots, nowhere near stoudemire.

LOL at the idiocy.

The way people talk, Dwight Howard is the next coming of Wilt Chamberlain and Amare Stoudemire is an updated version of John Wallace. Are you kidding me? This guy abused Tim Duncan in the playoffs, Howard hasn't even tasted the playoffs yet. Defensively, Howard is the better player, but offensively, he can't hold a candle to Stoudemire.

They are very similar players, but people acting like Amare's career is over somehow, really need to get a clue. At this rate, Stoudemire will be an All-Star, and I promise you that come playoff time, no team wants any part of him. There isn't a center in the Western Conference that can stop this guy when he gets going.

Howard as well will continue to do well, he's a terrific player who will only keep improving, but what I don't understand is this "zero-sum" idea, where if Howard is a terrific player, than Stoudemire must be crap. Why is it so hard to admit that both are damn good?

Oh, I didn't see the game today, but it was good to hear that Trevor Ariza is finally ballin'. My favorite player off the Knicks for the past few years, he's always had a lot of potential to be a pretty good player, glad he's showing it off.
    Yup, everyone talks about how Dwight is better because he's a better defender/rebounder yet Amare is miles and miles better offensively. No way could Dwight do 37/10 against the Spurs like Amare did...

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight vs. Amare (officially)

I can't believe this is almost 9 years old. Amare is long forgotten now.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    dude raped NYC.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    Yeah.

Still remember when he was just abusing guys in the paint.

Most explosive power forward I've seen.