Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings may be the least efficient player in the NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Al Thornton says hi
    Calvin Booth shows Al Thornton his face and Thornton dies so Jennings wins.

Default Re: Brandon Jennings may be the least efficient player in the NBA history

Hes a rookie, He's in his first year. and he is still learning.

I wouldn't be comparing him to Steph Curry. Anyone who thought Steph wasn't going to play well in the NBA is a moron. Steph isn't a STAR type of player, but he's one of those 2nd or 3rd option guys. Steph's dad is a bball player and he played college bbal. Say what you want about overseas bball, but I feel playing college (especially for a mid-major like Davidson) is a great place to polish your bball IQ.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by henbus33
    haha he's a slow learner. Stephen Curry is already miles ahead of him in bball knowledge
    Everyone learns at a different rate and in different systems. Golden State has a system where if u can shoot the ball, you can play all the minutes u want.

Jennings doesnt have the same luxuries. Skiles also has been known to hold back younger players

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Well, they are a better team this year. Bogut was in foul trouble and only played 24 minutes. 7-9 in 24 minutes is pretty good.

If you look at their stats from the last game, you'll see that they shot 48%, 44% from 3, had 12 offensive rebounds and only 9 turnovers. He's an impact player. They are on a 5 game winning streak and 7th in the East. You can say what if all you want, but the proof is that he is on the floor and they are winning. I'll take that over what other rookies are doing in losses.

-Smak

Dude that had nothing to do with what I said.

My point was that an experienced/wise PG wou8ld get the ball to Bogut more.

Bogut FG%>>>>>>>>>>>>Jennings FG%

Not a knock on Jennings it's the truth.

If Jennings has 15 shots then Bogut needs 18-20.

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I know I'm splitting hairs, but he actually shoots 37% and he does make 1.7 threes per game, shoots 81% at the line and averages a respectable 2.5 turnovers. So while he's been very inefficient, it's not as bad as it initially sounds.
    nope it is down to 36%. he was shooting 37.0% going into thursday, but went 6/18 to bring his average down.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    nope it is down to 36%. he was shooting 37.0% going into thursday, but went 6/18 to bring his average down.
    it's 36.9% now, that's still basically 37%.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Steve212's Avatar

Kid a chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    he is making Young Allen Iverson look efficient.
    I stopped reading right there

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

that 55 point game probably messed up his priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Also, just because someone is shooting 36% doesnt mean they arent efficient.
    Wut?

Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

adam morrison as a rookie was less productive/efficient than jennings:

morrison: 29.8 mpg 37.6% fg 45.0% TS, 11.8 ppg 2.9 rpg 2.1 apg 1.7 to/g
    jennings: 33.4 mpg 36.9% fg 46.9% TS, 16.4 ppg 3.6 rpg 6.1 apg 2.5 to/g

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Wut?

You heard me. Just because you dont shoot well does not mean that your whole game is inefficient.

Dunking on everybody in the park LebrickJames84''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    You heard me. Just because you dont shoot well does not mean that your whole game is inefficient.
    his 55 point gme was good

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Everyone learns at a different rate and in different systems. Golden State has a system where if u can shoot the ball, you can play all the minutes u want.

Jennings doesnt have the same luxuries. Skiles also has been known to hold back younger players
    If this is Skiles holding his rookie back Id hate to see what it's like when he takes off the leash, 30 shots a game?