Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Superstar

Default Stern wanted to increase the height of the basket before

Just talked about it on NBA shootaround. Hes insane, thenk god Red was around to talk him outta of it...who knows what Stern is up to now

didnt really say how high but he wanted to make it harder for big guys to score to help the little guys then Red addressed him and said "Look stupid, whos gonna get the rebounds"?..Stern replied with "the big guys"..then Red says "so then how are you helping the little guys?" haha
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 11-01-2006 at 09:04 PM.

why live??

Stern needs to be fired.

How high?

Fire Stern now! He's drunk with power!

Superstar

didnt really say how high but he wanted to make it harder for big guys to score to help the little guys then Red addressed him and said "Look stupid, whos gonna get the rebounds"?..Stern replied with "the big guys"..then Red says "so then how are you helping the little guys?" haha

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    LOL Red was right. Stern is stupid. I'm sure he meant it too.

why live??

They should introduce Stern as a bad guy n those NBA comics they had out awhile ago. Larry Brown can be his evil sidekick, and all the referees. Dwayne Wade should be a robot created by mad man Stern.

I rule the local playground

[QUOTE=Se

Stern needs to be gone. He is making some dumb rules. And he is making rules and stuff to accomdate teams. Also that new rule against owners that is just for Cuban. But he says what every owner wants to say but is afraid to say. Also why change the old ball if everybody liked it. My motto is "if it aint broken, dont fix it". He is thinking all this stuff is better for the game. But its not he needs to be gone somebody takeover anybody.

why live??

Cool, you should make jokes about topics in these threads. Like when one like this pops up you should make fun of Stern, that'll get your name out there better I think.

I rule the local playground

Do you know how much NBA revenue has increased since stern became commissioner in 1984? Think about how much NBA players earn compared to non-athletes, such as your parents, and you're telling me that Stern should be fired? Currently, games are being televised on ABC, ESPN, and TNT across the entire nation, and internationally, too, and you're telling me that Stern should be fired? Stern is a legend in the business world and a vanguard of the NBA because of his work since 1984, and you're saying that he should be fired? Are you smoking crack?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

yes.

Stern just needs to handle the business end and stay the hell away from the actual game, he doesn't have any credentials when it comes to the actual sport anyway.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Stern isnt the reason for the NBA blowing up i nthe 80s. Magic, Bird, and Jordan are. Hes also not the reason athletes are paid so much. The biggest contracts in sports history as of the 70s were in the NBA. Nate Archibald got by far the most money any athlete ever had and he got it in like 1973. And Kareem got more than him soon after. Hell Wilt and Russell were making more than the president in the 60s.

A steady progression isnt Sterns doing. It happened all over the sports world. KG, shaq, Arod, Mcnabb, and so on all got deals in the 100-130 million dollar range in like a 6 year period. I dont think Stern made the NFL and MLB contracts get bigger.

Stern doesnt control all marketing. There are entire divisions that handle that. he might make the final call but he isnt individually responsible. Stern doesnt exactly control TV either. Channels bid and he took the highest ones. Stern helped oversee the change from promoting teams to promoting players but the league was on its way up before him.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 11-01-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Someone photoshop Stern into this...he truly is Emperor Stern