Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Better passer, LeBron or MJ?

Pure passer, Lebron. He also has better vision and better pure playmaking. But Jordan is an overall playmaker, able to draw in players and set up others. That's a big part of his assists, if not the biggest. He also had the better feel for the game, which says a lot.

MJ if he wanted to, could've been one of the best PGs ever if he chose to, that month he did proves it but that was more Pippen's role, so MJ concentrated more on offense.

I'll say LeBron because it's more in his nature to facillitate, sometimes too much so, in detriment to his team when he should be taking over on offense (see last Finals).

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Here is Lebron starting Point-Guard 13 games in a row, his last season with Cavs:

that is:

31.7 PPG
    7.3 RPG
    11.6 APG
    Can you do me a favor? Can you go to the link in the bottom and put a picture up of games 58 to 76, so that we can compare the two, cause at first glance they're very similar.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/1989/

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

[QUOTE=bwink23]
    Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    #1 Pete Maravich

#2 Magic Johnson

#3 Larry Bird

#4 Bob Cousy

#5 LeBron James

#6 either Jason Kidd or Steve Nash

MJ = elite passer, as in everything he did, but not up there with those guys.....
    for pure passing there's a lot of guys to argue it with MJ... Walt Frazier for example, Stockton for example. Jordan wasn't even the best passer on his team, Pippen was amazing, just surgical razors[/QUOTE]

BULLSHIT

lolol ok we disagree... Pip was a great distributor although, he did have a target that could get the ball in the hoop pretty good

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

I would give it up to LeBron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    #1 Pete Maravich

#2 Magic Johnson

#3 Larry Bird

#4 Bob Cousy

#5 LeBron James

MJ = elite passer, as in everything he did, but not up there with those guys.....
    for pure passing there's a lot of guys to argue it with MJ... Walt Frazier for example, Stockton for example. Jordan wasn't even the best passer on his team, Pippen was amazing, just surgical razors
    This is quite possibly the worst post ever..

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: Better passer, LeBron or MJ?

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    That was Bosh's face fault!

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    larry bird is a better passer than lebron
    Nah... only the biased old school sympathizers would say that...
    Larry Bird had great vision & passing ability... but Lebron has great vision, passing ability and ballhandling... drafted point-guard, with his 2ndary position being Point-Guard still to this day...... Bird did not have the Point-Guard skills Lebron has.... not even close...

Larry Bird was only a great PASSER, assists coming from mostly set offense, isos in the post and so on........ he could not create with his passing the pointguard way, the Lebron way entire games...... bringing the ball up, threading the needle of the dribble on fastbreaks and so on all the time... having somebody full court pressure you and still create...... larry bird was NOT like that.... he was just simply a good passer...

Lebrons passing tools are much wider than just "being a good passer"... he could actually be the best Point-Guard in the NBA and average 10++ assists unlike Larry Bird........

Larry Bird was just a pure SF/PF who loved to do a flashy pass and who had HUGE unselfishness....

But when you hear somebody say Larry Bird was a greater passer than Lebron..... thats when you know somebody is either getting OVERRATED OR UNDERRATED

Larry Bird was not a greater passer than Lebron........ and there is no proof to that either..... infact there is proof to Lebron being a greater passer...
    Last edited by pauk; 01-20-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Nah... only the biased old school sympathizers would say that...
    Larry Bird had great vision & passing ability... but Lebron has great vision, passing ability and ballhandling... drafted point-guard, with his 2ndary position being Point-Guard still to this day...... Bird did not have the Point-Guard skills Lebron has.... not even close...

Larry Bird was only a great PASSER, assists coming from mostly set offense, isos in the post and so on........ he could not create with his passing that way entire games......

Lebrons passing tools are much wider than just "being a good passer"... he could actually be the best Point-Guard in the NBA and average 10++ assists unlike Larry Bird........

Larry Bird was just a pure SF/PF who loved to do a flashy pass and who had HUGE unselfishness....
    if he could average 10+assists he would
    and lebron assists don't come from great passes like birds they come from
    iso iso iso iso iso until he sees the open man at the 3 point line

#1 Pete Maravich

#2 Magic Johnson

#3 Larry Bird

#4 Bob Cousy

#5 LeBron James

for pure passing there's a lot of guys to argue it with MJ... Walt Frazier for example, Stockton for example. Jordan wasn't even the best passer on his team, Pippen was amazing, just surgical razors

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

I watched jordan a lot.He does most things better than lebron obviously, however passing is not one of them.Lebron is by far the best passing non-pg in nba.Larry has never set up his teammates the way lebron(like a real pg) does on constant basis.So please don't tell me hee was the best passing non-pg.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Did you ever watch his game objectively.Please do so then come and talk

Banned

It's one thing to say Lebron is a better passer than MJ but it's entirely different thing to say he was a better passer than Bird, Kidd, and Nash.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

A lot of his assists come from penetrating, drawing attention, and finding the open man. That's what you're supposed to do. The fact that he's able to find the open man before the defense recovers, and deliver the ball to him, regardless of where he is, is what makes him a good passer. He's also very good in the pick and roll, which is where he got a lot of his assists in Cleveland.

I think Lebron is a better passer than MJ. MJ had his moments, but he either didn't consistently have the level of court awareness that Lebron has, or he just wasn't willing to attempt some of the passes that Lebron makes consistently. I think Bird was a better passer than Lebron, but I'm not sure.

I gotta go with jordan. There's nothing I've seen james do that a lot of players couldn't do if they dominated the ball as much as him on offense as far as passing goes.

Both james and jordan play totally different roles on their teams. It wasn't jordans job to facilitate the offense. Not becaause he couldn't, but cuz his offense was more needed. There's no doubt in my mind that jordan could've started out at the top of the 3 pt line attacked the basket, and kick out to open wing players if they tried to help out on his attacks to the basket.

Remember, jordan did avg 8 assists one year.