Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Where does Kevin Love rank among current power forwards?

He's undoubtedly the best rebounder in the league, one of the best shooting big men, and has shown that he's a threat to get 20/15 regardless of who he's going up against. His post game is steadily improving and he's got that Tim Duncan bank shot down consistently now too. His defense isn't great, but he gets his team so many extra possessions and 2nd chance opportunities with his stellar rebounding.

I loved his game at UCLA, but never thought he'd develop into this good of NBA player this soon. Which power forwards would you guys say are definitively better than Love right now?

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Default Re: Where does Kevin Love rank among current power forwards?

fine, I'll say it: if Kevin Love was black....

ok ok I'm gonna go a different route: he is really good. he is underrated. his stats are elite. he isn't just a "garbage" scorer like people think. he is one of the smartest players in the league (on the court). you definitely want this guy on your team.

oh yeah, one time I saw K-Love and the UCLA team eating at Olive Garden. They eat a lot.
    like, a LOT.

Learning to shoot layups

He cant hold a candle to Ibaka!

Banned

Top 5

(not in order)
    Kevin Love
    Dirk Nowtzki
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Blake Griffin
    Amare Stoudmire

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    Top 5

(not in order)
    Kevin Love
    Dirk Nowtzki
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Blake Griffin
    Amare Stoudmire
    Amare over Pau??

verylegit
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He's undoubtedly the best rebounder in the league, one of the best shooting big men, and has shown that he's a threat to get 20/15 regardless of who he's going up against. His post game is steadily improving and he's got that Tim Duncan bank shot down consistently now too. His defense isn't great, but he gets his team so many extra possessions and 2nd chance opportunities with his stellar rebounding.

I loved his game at UCLA, but never thought he'd develop into this good of NBA player this soon. Which power forwards would you guys say are definitively better than Love right now?
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Paul Gasol
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Chris Bosh
    Blake Griffin

NBA lottery pick

Why does everyone place Griffin ahead of Love? Love brings so much more to the table than Griffin does.

Better rebounder? Love by a mile.
    Better shooter? Love by 10 miles.
    Better passer? Love.
    Better athlete? Griffin.

Banned

#3 behind dirkules and aldridge

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    Why does everyone place Griffin ahead of Love? Love brings so much more to the table than Griffin does.

Better rebounder? Love by a mile.
    Better shooter? Love by 10 miles.
    Better passer? Love.
    Better athlete? Griffin.
    Lol way to stack it. Both are debatable but Griffin is a better passer and scorer. Sure right now after Griffin's drop in PPG yesterday Love has a small scoring edge but over the course of a season Griffin scores better. Funny that you conveniently changed it from scoring to shooting because it favors Love.

Better rebounder: Love
    Better scorer: Griffin
    Better passer: Griffin
    Better defender: Griffin (both are bad but Griffin isn't as bad)
    Better athlete: Griffin

Literally the only things Love has the edge in is shooting efficiency and rebounding.

Love is IMO the 2nd most promising PF in the game. I've said countless times that Griffin and Love have the PF spot on lock for the next decade and that I love Kevin's game. That being said people are stat whoring in this comparison. Nobody is watching the games. The only thing Love does better is rebound and shoot. The guy can't create his own offense the way Griffin can. He doesn't have the all around versatility of Griffin either when you include ball handling, court vision, running the plays etc.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Love is such a weird player to assess, he's a statistical juggernaught but I don't think anyone would consider his impact along those lines considering the team losses.

That being said, hes an absolute monster on offense. One of the best shooters and one of the best rebounders... That rarely if ever happens.

He's a defense neutral at best.. Other than his rebounding. His opponent production isnt half bad however...

I think wesley Johnson and Beasley are what are really holding the team back though. Reduce their minutes and you'll see more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Lol way to stack it. Both are debatable but Griffin is a better passer and scorer. Sure right now after Griffin's drop in PPG yesterday Love has a small scoring edge but over the course of a season Griffin scores better. Funny that you conveniently changed it from scoring to shooting because it favors Love.

Literally the only things Love has the edge in is shooting efficiency and rebounding.

Love is IMO the 2nd most promising PF in the game. I've said countless times that Griffin and Love have the PF spot on lock for the next decade and that I love Kevin's game. That being said people are stat whoring in this comparison. Nobody is watching the games. The only thing Love does better is rebound and shoot. The guy can't create his own offense the way Griffin can. He doesn't have the all around versatility of Griffin either when you include ball handling, court vision, running the plays etc.
    REALLY? come on man. look at the numbers... you're crazy. I know just defending own player but wait a minute. did griffin ever produce like love? he just had few dunks up high. that's it... and that is really it. so far he's proved as much as darius miles has had. he has yet to prove more.

Banned

also i was impressed with Love's defense on lord Dirkules last night.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Love is a kajilion times better at passing. And they cancel each other on D because they both suck equally

Quote Originally Posted by verylegit
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Paul Gasol
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Chris Bosh
    Blake Griffin
    Based only on this year's play, you can't really put Bosh, Dirk or Amar'e up there.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Love is a kajilion times better at passing. And they cancel each other on D because they both suck equally
    Based on what? Assists per game? Assist rate?