Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: chris palmer ‏1. MJ 2. Kobe. 3. Kareem 4. Magic 5. Bron

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Sure, the fast break will come into play a lot. The Dream Team just doesn't have the defense to hold a team like this back.

1. Jordan is probably the only player with the foot speed to stay in front of Lebron unless you want to go with Pippen. Neither have the strength to avoid him from bullying past them or posting them up. You double and good luck buddy. Every player on the new team can hit a FIBA three, except maybe Rondo and Dwight. Lebron doesn't have to be the PG, but why not? He's just as quick as any PG they have on the Dream Team and plays better defense.
    He can penetrate and draw doubles, and if there is no double. It's over. Going on to say, a lot of these guys could play the PG position just based off their ball handling and ability to penetrate, score, pass.

The new guys being more athletic, better ball handlers, better defenders, bigger, stronger and pretty much all in their primes doesn't hurt either. Durant = better version of Bird
    Kobe = better version of Clyde for sure, arguably best scorer
    Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players
    Dwight = best rebounder out of all, best rim protector

Not even worth going on...

The thinner '92 team has more footspeed than Lebron... if anything, footspeed is going to be their strength

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Sorry, but Jordan/Pippen/Drexler (in their 1992 forms) are slower than NO ONE in the open court. Give me a break and go watch some damn game footage.
    In their era..

Great college starter

In their era..

Kobe's trainer Tim Grover (Jordan's former trainer) on MJ vs. Kobe or Lebron one one one:

Trainer Tim Grover (Attack Athletics in Chicago), who has trained Bryant, James and Michael Jordan: Hard to say. Kobe could back LeBron down, too. He's that strong. Don't put me in this spot. I'm not picking.

How about Jordan versus either man?

Grover:" Oh, Michael. No question. From a physical and mental standpoint, he's the best I've ever seen. If he were playing now, with the way the refs call everything, and with all the padding these guys wear, he'd average 40 or 50 a night if he wanted. "

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Kobe's trainer Tim Grover (Jordan's former trainer) on MJ vs. Kobe or Lebron one one one:

Trainer Tim Grover (Attack Athletics in Chicago), who has trained Bryant, James and Michael Jordan: Hard to say. Kobe could back LeBron down, too. He's that strong. Don't put me in this spot. I'm not picking.

Grover:" Oh, Michael. No question. From a physical and mental standpoint, he's the best I've ever seen. If he were playing now, with the way the refs call everything, and with all the padding these guys wear, he'd average 40 or 50 a night if he wanted. "

MJ against an the best of the best today? Those quotes are talking about MJ in today's league against NBA teams. Whose not to say that MJ scores 15 one night and 50 another? Not every team in the NBA has great defenses.

Also, another thing. With today's media and everything. If he were to pick Kobe over MJ. People would be all over him. His credibility would be at risk. He wouldn't do it. People think too highly of Michael. I think very highly of Michael myself.

Great college starter

MJ against an the best of the best today? Those quotes are talking about MJ in today's league against NBA teams. Whose not to say that MJ scores 15 one night and 50 another? Not every team in the NBA has great defenses.

40-year old fatbutt, bum knees Jordan shot BETTER than a prime Kobe Bryant from 10-23ft in the 2002 and 2003 seasons....what do you think a PRIME MJ would do?

40-year old fatbutt, bum knees Jordan shot BETTER than a prime Kobe Bryant from 10-23ft in the 2002 and 2003 seasons....what do you think a PRIME MJ would do?
    His TS% was below 50. It was one of the worst 20ppg seasons of all-time in terms of efficiency

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    His TS% was below 50. It was one of the worst 20ppg seasons of all-time in terms of efficiency
    Yep it was. He wasn't getting to the line at all and missing easy finishes around the rim.....He was a SHELL of his prime self. Yet still good enough to shoot better from mid-range than a young, prime Kobe Bryant.

Yep it was. He wasn't getting to the line at all and missing easy finishes around the rim.....He was a SHELL of his prime self. Yet still good enough to shoot better from mid-range than a young, prime Kobe Bryant.
    sub 50ts%

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

@ D.Howard/Chandler/Bosh handling D.Robinson/Ewing/Malone/Barkley

Great college starter

sub 50ts%

So was Allen Iverson, one of the star SG's of the time....

SAD that a prime KB couldn't outshoot a fat has-been with no lift on his jumper from 70% of floor space....

So was Allen Iverson, one of the star SG's of the time....

SAD that a prime KB couldn't outshoot a fat has-been with no lift on his jumper from 70% of floor space....
    Yeah because defenses played them both the same and they took the same amount of shots

Great college starter

Yeah because defenses played them both the same and they took the same amount of shots

.....Kobe had Shaq sucking up defenses, who did Jordan have, Jahidi White?? And YES their shot attempts from 10-23 ft were EXTREMELY COMPARABLE....the reason Jordan's overall FG% was so low was he was living off of fadeaways and jumpers. He rarely could get to the basket due to being old and slow. When he did get there he missed many bunny shots that would be a GIVEN.

Kobe plays in a weak era

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Kobe plays in a weak era
    Over/Under Kobe averages 60/10/5 in Wilt's era?