Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Celtics Big Three era comes to an end. What now?

I've been saying for a while that Ray Allen and KG could seriously help a team become serious title contenders...ala an Atlanta..Philly...Dallas..either LA's...

Just keep Paul..he's still not bad..can at least get his shot off himself ...let him stay a Celtic

But i would love to see my boy Ray End up on a real contender.....sadly the celtics days of being that is over

Decent playground baller PTstyle272's Avatar

After what Allen said about West joining the Pacers, it would only be fitting for him to be traded to Indiana and eat some crow.

Banned

Ray Allen for Kyle Korver and CJ Watson, straight up
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=85veawg

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

The home run would be Rondo for DWill, and then signing Howard in the offseason. In all likelihood, we won't be able to trade for value and it doesn't make it worthwhile. Wait til the offseason.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

i thought they were making a run a howard?

If there is any issue with them contending it's the mix of the ages. As KG is still a top 10 PF and Ray is clearly in the top 5 SG's.

What they could do is trade those guys to teams with an all-star caliber player whose place in the lineup is taking up someone else's and whose contract they'd want to get rid of.

Al Jefferson in Utah. Danny Granger in Indiana. Possibly Melo or Amare (possibly). Gerald Wallace or even Wes Matthews in Portland. Monta Ellis. Tyreke Evans. Carlos Boozer (hahahahaha). Kevin Martin. Haywood in Dallas (again, Ainge is stupid). Who knows, maybe Joe Johnson in Atlanta (Ainge is that stupid, I believe).

I'm only talking about Ray and KG. Paul Pierce should be a Celtic for life, tho I wouldn't be surprised with that idiot running the show. And Rajon Rondo has to net you something elite.

There's really nothing of value we can trade for. No one wants the pieces we have except for Rondo and the only thing I'm giving Rondo up for is an equally worthy big or another top-tier point guard.

Deal with NJ for DWill since he's probably not signing there as they're not getting Howard this offseason OR trading for him. Get DWill into a two or three year extension and maybe you have a good shot at getting Howard and continuing to legitimately contend for the next three years or so while Paul Pierce finishes out his storied Celtic career. The only guys I keep in a situation where Rondo gets dealt are Paul Pierce and Brandon Bass....everyone else is on the table.

I probably let KG's contract expire at year's end unless a contender throws some seriously good pieces at me in exchange for his expirer. Same for Ray Allen...and I'm not interested in the refuse that Knicks and Lakers fans just don't want anymore, either. Legit players, not scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    There's really nothing of value we can trade for. No one wants the pieces we have except for Rondo and the only thing I'm giving Rondo up for is an equally worthy big or another top-tier point guard.

Deal with NJ for DWill since he's probably not signing there as they're not getting Howard this offseason OR trading for him. Get DWill into a two or three year extension and maybe you have a good shot at getting Howard and continuing to legitimately contend for the next three years or so while Paul Pierce finishes out his storied Celtic career. The only guys I keep in a situation where Rondo gets dealt are Paul Pierce and Brandon Bass....everyone else is on the table.

I probably let KG's contract expire at year's end unless a contender throws some seriously good pieces at me in exchange for his expirer. Same for Ray Allen...and I'm not interested in the refuse that Knicks and Lakers fans just don't want anymore, either. Legit players, not scrubs.
    So would you do Allen + Bass for Amare ?

I just checked and this trade needs to be a little bit adjusted (because of salary cap).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n66rpv

Allen + Bass + Stiensma for Amare + Jerome Jordan

Would you do it ?
    Last edited by Clutch; 02-21-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    So would you do Allen + Bass for Amare ?
    No. We already have a broken down power forward, and replacing a defensive guru with a guy who doesn't rebound OR play defense? Helps us not at all.

They are going to let KG and Ray walk, and either come back with smaller contracts or pick up some enticing free agents. After that, they trade Rondo + pick in the draft to move up and snag Austin Rivers. I'm sure Doc wants to see his son play with the Big 3 that won him a championship, even if it is for a little bit.

But no doubt in my mind, somehow the Celtics make this happen.

The only place that could take Garnett is Indiana, as they are way under the salary cap and maybe they want to be rid of Granger's contract and allow Paul George to play SF. Maybe even West could be included.

But this team is still not done. And the main issue is Doc Rivers.

let ray/kg expire either let them retire or bring them in cheap
    try to make a splash in FA that will crack open a window for a season or 2
    then let the full on rebuilding take place when Pierce is retired/Rondo moves on

Ray Allen to LAC for Bledsoe, Foye, Cook, picks.

Decent playground baller PTstyle272's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    The only place that could take Garnett is Indiana, as they are way under the salary cap and maybe they want to be rid of Granger's contract and allow Paul George to play SF. Maybe even West could be included.

But this team is still not done. And the main issue is Doc Rivers.
    never would happen

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Derka

Ray and Kg are both veterans who can put the ball in the basket and both are on 1 year contracts.....I'm not saying teams would give young superstars...but I don't think there's theres 1 outta of the remaining 15 playoff teams that wouldn't want one of those two players