Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default How come nobody talks about Kawhi

Missed a free throw to put Spurs up 4 to secure the Spurs the 13 Championship in Game 6, seconds later Ray Allen nails a 3 and Miami goes on to win series

If it was Lebron it would be a thing that everyone mentions. Bitch made generation of fans

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: How come nobody talks about Kawhi

Maybe because he was only 21 and only in his second year

Made that high school varsity squad

Big deal, Lebron was only 22 when he was swept by the Spurs which everyone seems to mention

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    Big deal, Lebron was only 22 when he was swept by the Spurs which everyone seems to mention
    I've never heard anyone mention that. It's a miricale he brought that team to the finals, he gets all the credit.

We will, however, mention the following:

Swept vs the Warriors in the finals (2018)

Lost 4-1 in the finals to the Warriors(2017), Mavs(2011), and Spurs (2014).

But he absolutely should get credit for bringing his team to the finals in 2007 regardless if he was swept, as well as winning 2 games vs the Warriors in 2015 finals without his 2nd and 3rd best players.

Gotta be unbiased with these things and look at the circumstance.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    Missed a free throw to put Spurs up 4 to secure the Spurs the 13 Championship in Game 6, seconds later Ray Allen nails a 3 and Miami goes on to win series

If it was Lebron it would be a thing that everyone mentions. Bitch made generation of fans
    Because nobody is making 50+ alts making the same stupid threads week after week, month after month, year after year proclaiming Kawhi as the greatest of all time.

3-time NBA All-Star

Yes. Lebron not only needed a teammate to bail him out, he also needed the other team to choke at the free throw line. They were as close as you get to losing a finals and needed a perfect storm of events to stop that from happening.

It's because Kawhi hasn't been identified as a threat to players x, y, or z just yet Op. Give it time. Although you are absolutely correct Lebron is held to a standard even the goat isn't held to regardless of who you got, and of course assuming he isn't your goat.

But he absolutely choked that one and it was talked about at the time briefly but wasn't a big deal because he wasn't the best player there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I've never heard anyone mention that. It's a miricale he brought that team to the finals, he gets all the credit.

We will, however, mention the following:

Swept vs the Warriors in the finals (2018)

Lost 4-1 in the finals to the Warriors(2017), Mavs(2011), and Spurs (2014).

But he absolutely should get credit for bringing his team to the finals in 2007 regardless if he was swept, as well as winning 2 games vs the Warriors in 2015 finals without his 2nd and 3rd best players.

Gotta be unbiased with these things and look at the circumstance.
    This is how it should be, but he's right I've seen it plenty of times. As he rose higher in stature that was one of the 1st parts of his career they tried to rewrite in order to say he was >>>[fill in blank] when in reality he was a 22 year old with no all league or all star teammates and willed his team past Detroit to the finals when they had no business being there. That was the 1st sign of what he'd become imo.

Because he was never an entitled douchebag with a tattoo that said 'Chosen 1' nor did he crown himself a King without proving SHIT.

LeBron is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon

This is how it should be, but he's right I've seen it plenty of times. As he rose higher in stature that was one of the 1st parts of his career they tried to rewrite in order to say he was >>>[fill in blank] when in reality he was a 22 year old with no all league or all star teammates and willed his team past Detroit to the finals when they had no business being there. That was the 1st sign of what he'd become imo.
    Well to be fair, Ilgauskas made 2 all star teams in the span of those 4 years leading up to 2007 so he did technically have an all star teammate. It's not like the 05-08 Lakers where literally only Kobe was an all star on that team, no one else.

That Cavs team was weak, but they did have a couple of solid players. Like 4-5 I can name off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    Because he was never an entitled douchebag with a tattoo that said 'Chosen 1' nor did he crown himself a King without proving SHIT.

LeBron is trash.
    It blows my mind how you could still be upset about a 17 year old kids tattoo choice and try to rationalize hating him for nearly 20 years because of it.

Well Kawhi followed it up by winning the whole damn thing the next year and delivering the most lopsided finals series of all time

Lebron followed up his first finals appearance by ducking Kobe in the finals for 3 straight years and then 2011 where he was outplayed by JJ Barea and Jason Terry

Well to be fair, Ilgauskas made 2 all star teams in the span of those 4 years leading up to 2007 so he did technically have an all star teammate. It's not like the 05-08 Lakers where literally only Kobe was an all star on that team, no one else.

That Cavs team was weak, but they did have a couple of solid players. Like 4-5 I can name off the top of my head.
    Ok then Kobe had an all star teammate in Butler in 05

And let’s not act like Odom wasn’t better than Big Z

If you actually watched the Cavs during Lebron's early days @ big z the allstar. Z moved around on the floor like robocop with a wet jumper and I loved his chemistry with Lebron then but he was 2 years removed from being an allstar, 31 years old and scoring just a hair above the lowest ppg of his career to that point. 12 ppg. Again not saying he was trash because i got a soft spot for Z but c'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Well Kawhi followed it up by winning the whole damn thing the next year and delivering the most lopsided finals series of all time

Lebron followed up his first finals appearance by ducking Kobe in the finals for 3 straight years and then 2011 where he was outplayed by JJ Barea and Jason Terry
    So Kobe ducked Lebron in the finals in 2011 as defending champ? He got a crack at those same Mavs, how did that go I forget?

[QUOTE=RRR3]Ok then Kobe had an all star teammate in Butler in 05

And let