Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Kobe lost the game for the Lakers

I'm a Lakers fan, and Kobe played a really solid 47 minutes, but the last minute was absolutely on him.

The Lakers were up 87-81 after Kobe made a spectacular spin move fadeaway shot. Then Kobe made an error or missed a shot on 5 consecutive plays that resulted in the game.

#1) His man, Deng gets a wide open 3 point shot because he's late in closing
    #2) He doesn't box out and he lets Deng get the offensive rebound whiich results in a 3 point play
    #3) Kobe then commits a silly personal foul on deng when the Lakers are over the limit resulting in two free throws.
    #4) Kobe jumps to pass and makes bad pass which results in a turnover
    #5) Kobe gets blocked on the game winner

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Kobe lost the game for the Lakers

Nah.. Lakers couldn't hit their free throws at the end to seal the deal.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigHaDaddy
    I'm a Lakers fan, and Kobe played a really solid 47 minutes, but the last minute was absolutely on him.

The Lakers were up 87-81 after Kobe made a spectacular spin move fadeaway shot. Then Kobe made an error or missed a shot on 5 consecutive plays that resulted in the game.

#2) He doesn't box out and he lets Deng get the offensive rebound whiich results in a 3 point play
    #3) Kobe then commits a silly personal foul on deng when the Lakers are over the limit resulting in two free throws.
    you're reaching on this one...LA is in for a long season... Kobe is gonna have lots of high turnover games, That bum wrist isn't conducive to handling the ball at all.

Chokebe Bryant.

Saw a basketball once

I don't think I'm reaching. The bum wrist should not make him late for a closeout in a tight game. And it shouldn't affect him boxing out his man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Chokebe Bryant.
    A Lebron fan saying this =

If Pau and McRob split their fts, Lakers win. It was a team loss but you can't miss 4fts in a row in a tight game

Kobe may have lost them the game in the last 30 seconds, but they wouldn't have been in the position to win if it weren't for him. To blame a loss on him for 30 seconds of play is asinine.

Kobe choking and playing like crap yet again on christmas

Merry x-mas Laker fans ;-)

Decent college freshman

0:24 Kobe Bryant misses 18-foot jumper 84-87
    0:20 Luol Deng makes free throw 1 of 2 85-87
    0:20 Luol Deng makes free throw 2 of 2 86 - 87
    0:16 Kobe Bryant bad pass (Luol Deng steals) 86-87
    0:04 Derrick Rose makes 9-foot hook shot 88 - 87
    0:01 Luol Deng blocks Kobe Bryant's 5-foot jumper 88-87
    He missed 2 shots, and commited silly turnover in last 25 seconds.He wasnt his usual self. I dont think you can blame him though for the loss, because if it wasnt for him during the game the bulls would have won way before the last 25 seconds.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

28 points on 48% shooting. 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals. And he lost the Lakers the game?

How about going 11/20 on free throws and missing 4 straight free throws in clutch minutes? THAT lost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    A Lebron fan saying this =

They let the Bulls stole the game in the late 4th quarter. You guys easily criticized LeBron with his air-balls, but he still had a terrific game all around game againts Dallas. Heat won the first game of the season againts the defending NBA Champion.

I don't think I'm reaching. The bum wrist should not make him late for a closeout in a tight game. And it shouldn't affect him boxing out his man.
    This

Very good NBA starter

He got picked off, you saw him stumbling back on his way back to Deng. Great execution by the Bulls.

Deng broke for rebound the second it left his hand since he knew it was short. Good bb IQ by him. + Bad foul by Gasol.

Looked like Kobe didn't touch him, but since Deng fell they had to call a foul...

Yep he should of just held it and got fouled, or called a timeout if he felt he was gonna be stripped. At the same time, Gasol shouldn't have been flat footed and came toward the ball for the pass.

Yep, not sure why he didn't just pull up from 15 feet and elevate for his usual money shot. Or at the very list throw himself at the three defenders to initiate contact.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

team loss...considering pau and josh choked at the line

but yea, kobe was awful the last minute. he made two terrible mistakes imo.

the foul on deng and then the terrible turnover with 20 seconds left.

kobe missing a game winner is expected though....

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

SMT.....give me a break with that mess bro....without Kobe they would have not even had a chance to win this game. u cant point to that 1 play and say that it cost the lakers the game. Don't point out his mistakes without pointing out the mistakes of the other players.