Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Im at work till 5am. Prepare for rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Im convinced ive done everything im gonna do of any real excitement. But I had my run. Being 19 is for 19 year olds.

I wouldnt mind one more "**** it...." trip to miami though.

Oh and ive had 3 people threaten my life in the last 3 years. 2 I believe were serious.

So thats something.

happened at work???...

Hope you aint in Cali.....in a safety meeting

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Im going to take a moment to flesh it out in my head and then post an absurd hypothetical question for ISH to consider(or have me committed for thinking up).

Im going to take a moment to flesh it out in my head and then post an absurd hypothetical question for ISH to consider(or have me committed for thinking up).
    Sounds fun..

Ok....

Lets say you get home tomorrow to find a Maybach Exelero outside:

An 8 million dollar car by the way. After taking a moment to look at it you go in to find Paul Allen, Bill Walton, and mayor of New York Mike Bloomberg sitting in your living room as if waiting for you to get home. They tell you not to speak...but to listen. They then give you the following story(Narrated of course by Walton...in whos voice you should read this):

"Son...this will be hard to believe...but you should take what im going to tell you very serious. John D. Rockefeller. Do you know who that was? Im sure you have heard the name. But let me give you a bit more information....

He was much more than the guy Jay-Z named his record label after. He was...adjusting for inflation...the richest non monarch in world history. Through his stakes in oil and other interests he became the worlds first billionaire and personally held just under two percent of all of the money in the United States. In modern terms he had a personal fortune of between 660 billion and 1 trillion dollars. This was a man of exceptional means. And a man of exceptional fears. At age 70 fearing his death he comissioned the creation of the first first human clone known to exist....intending to...(with help from Einstien...) transfer his mind into the young clone to live another full llifetime. But he came to see that the science to pull it off was decades away and was left with a clone he couldnt make use of. Not wanting the child destroyed(as was the standard prodecure when a clone was useless...it was and still is highly illegal)....he instead fabricated a life for him and doctored the records allowing him to be put him up for adoption. He was taken in by a family who was told all this and told never to reveal it to him...but to raise him right and push him to do his best at whatever interested him. And he grew up to dominate college basketball as the original did the business world. Who was this child clone of the great Rockefeller?

The late great John Wooden:

Which explains why Bill Walton is telling the story.

He goes on to tell you that while they did not have the ability in JDs day to transfer his knowledge they did manage to save it though means too complicated to explain. Point is....they have it now. And after Woodens death his mental essence was saved as well. The knowledge of the greatest businessman of all time and the greatest coach of all time are saved....and now that science has come far enough the time has come to transfer it all into the mind of a child.

A baby...

A baby clone...of John Wooden/Rockefeller(them being the same person genetically).

One of their assistants wheels in this baby. The baby has all the knowledge of two of the greatest minds in two professions. Its locked away dormant...but it has the knowledge. And the same potential.

You....after months of research into who would be best....have somehow been chosen to raise this child....

You will be provided enough money to be comfortable monthly. But you will never see any of these people again. But they will be watching. You can NEVER tell the child this story.

But they believe you have it within you to raise this child right and push him to be even greater than his...brothers...I guess ill call it.

All you have to do is sign the paperwork....and this child is yours.

You are being asked to take in a baby you never saw before and raise it with the expectation of raising someone to totally dominate whatever he decides to do.

The baby has the potential to rule the world.

But you must raise it. And tell nobody your story. Far as anyone knows its just an adoption.

Would you take on the monumental task of raising the next Rockefeller/John Wooden? And if so...

What would you push him to be?
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-18-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Ok....

Lets say you get home tomorrow to find a Maybach Exelero outside:

An 8 million dollar car by the way. After taking a moment to look at it you go in to find Paul Allen, Bill Walton, and mayor of New York Mike Bloomberg sitting in your living room as if waiting for you to get home. They tell you not to speak...but to listen. They then give you the following story(Narrated of course by Walton...in whos voice you should read this):

"Son...this will be hard to believe...but you should take what im going to tell you very serious. John D. Rockefeller. Do you know who that was? Im sure you have heard the name. But let me give you a bit more information....

He was much more than the guy Jay-Z named his record label after. He was...adjusting for inflation...the richest non monarch in world history. Through his stakes in oil and other interests he became the worlds first billionaire and personally held just under two percent of all of the money in the United States. In modern terms he had a personal fortune of between 660 billion and 1 trillion dollars. This was a man of exceptional means. And a man of exceptional fears. At age 70 fearing his death he comissioned the creation of the first first human clone known to exist....intending to...(with help from Einstien...) transfer his mind into the young clone to live another full llifetime. But he came to see that the science to pull it off was decades away and was left with a clone he couldnt make use of. Not wanting the child destroyed(as was the standard prodecure when a clone at the time...it was and still is highly illegal)....he instead fabricated a life for him and doctored the records allowing him to be put him up for adoption. He was taken in by a family who was told all this and told never to reveal it to him...but to raise him right and push him to do his best at whatever interested him. And he grew up to dominate college basketball as the original did the business world. Who was this child clone of the great Rockefeller?

The late great John Wooden:

Which explains which Bill Walton is telling the story.

He goes on to tell you that while they did not have the ability in JDs day to transfer his knowledge they did manage to save it though means too complicated to explain. Point is....they have it now. And after Woodens death his mental essence was saved as well. The knowledge of the greatest businessman of all time and the greatest coach of all time are saved....and now that science has come far enough the time has come to transfer it all into the mind of a child.

A baby...

A baby clone...of John Wooden/Rockefeller(them being the same person genetically).

One of their assistants wheels in this baby. The baby has all the knowledge of two of the greatest minds in two professions. Its locked away dormant...but it has the knowledge. And the same potential.

You....after months of research into who would be best....have somehow been chosen to raise this child....

You will be provided enough money to be comfortable monthly. But you will never see any of these people again. But they will be watching. You can NEVER tell the child this story.

But they believe you have it within you to raise this child right and push him to be even greater than his...brothers...I guess ill call it.

All you have to do is sign the paperwork....and this child is yours.

You are being asked to take in a baby you never saw before and raise it with the expectation of raising someone to totally dominate whatever he decides to do.

The baby has the potential to rule the world.

But you must raise it. And tell nobody your story. Far as anyone knows its just an adoption.

Would you take on the monumental task of raising the next Rockefeller/John Wooden? And if so...

What would you push him to be?

yeah but wasn't Rockefellar a F@qqit??

anyways...moving along...

raise him to get rid of Arby's.......seriously...who eats there??

Gay? Not sure. Michelangelo(painter/sculpter) was gay. As was at least 2 popes. And first lady Eleanor Roosevelt. Just file those away for later use.

And ive not eaten at Arbys since one in like...Houston...when I drove out there in 08. I used to kill the curly fries but everywhere has them now.

Do you want him to dominate the world or make it a better place....

and arbys mushroom and swiss>your life.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

The story
    I am sorry but please stick to basketball stories/analysis. You help raise the level of basketball discussions here.

Anyway.

The car was the only cool thing (you should have stopped after mentioning Walton). My bet is that it belongs to Bill as his volkswagen bus finally retired after running on old McDonalds cooking oil for too long. And that car seems to have a lot of room tall people. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Do you want him to dominate the world or make it a better place....

and arbys mushroom and swiss>your life.
    Um....make me a richer father would be nice.

And its hard to get mushroom and swiss wrong isnt it?

And that car seems to have a lot of room tall people. Am I right?
    Im sure its roomy but I cant say exactly how roomy. Only person I know has one is Birdman. Rapper not Chris Anderson.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Spill your knowledge on Ty Lawson. Peak\Career\Accolades w.e.

I would push him to be the best he could be. A wise man. Seperate yourself from the pack.

Be a great entrepreneur, I say. Maybe an actuary ?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Hmmm...

Greatest "other" guys, huh? When I saw the opening couple of sentences in the OP, I was hoping to see some names that I hadn't seen in a while. Byron, Hornacek and Detlef are all still pretty well known guys.

Let's get some of the real hidden gems out there.

When I think about my own favorite team, a guy that I always really enjoyed watching when I was a kid but that rarely gets mentioned these days is John "Hot Rod" Williams.

He was a very versatile player at 6-11 and he could play either PF or C. He was even athletic enough to spend some time at SF if the lineup dictated it. He was a very good defensive player, but it didn't end there.

I always thought he was at his best off-the-bench in the late-80s... He even averaged 17 ppg and over 8 rebounds in 1990 in a mostly sixth man capacity. In the early-90s, he became a starter and was still productive, but I always felt like he was best as a utility man off of the bench... A sort of Lamar Odom.

Hot Rod also had an excellent playoff run in 1992, averaging 15/8/3 on 55% from the field. He played great against Chicago in the ECFs and I felt that he out-played Ho Grant over the course of the six-game series.

He retired after the 1999 season and he has had some off-the-court trouble since. I think he got arrested recently... Not sure exactly what the charges were.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 10-18-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Ty is a solid player...he just isnt gonna do much for a while.

Dont get me wrong...id take him. And the Nuggers have a squad(assuming any of it comes back from China). But in the situaiton hes in?

Hes 24. They arent gonna do anything major for at least a couple years. The Nuggets have him for at least 2 more years at a bargain. Hes like the 8th highest paid player on the team. Hes gonna have the ball a lot the next two years and put up numbers and be a fan favorite...

And then...hes gonna want bank. Whatever the new CBA...hes gonna want a lot of money. Near max. Hes gonna do like 14/ and 16/5 the next couple years lead a playoff run or near playoff run one of the years and demand bank.

Lets say he gets it...

The Nuggets are stuck in middle of the pack land. Never bad enough for a high pick never good enough to really win. So he gets like a 4 year deal at 26.

We cant speak on the next 6 years easily but....do I see him leading them anywhere with the team they have? No. So...hes 30? This is where I see him having value.

Hes on big deal #2...and hes ready to win. Doesnt mean he bolts. Depends on the team. But ill just say I think he opts to contend around then. At which point I think his career takes shape. Lawson...even an older slower lawson...on a team that can win? Team on tv all the time?

As a 6th man or 28-29 minute a game starter? Ican see him as one of the people everyone in sports knows even if hesn ot a star. Picture Fisher far as being known...but a better player. You know...more people know Fisher than say...Jason Terry. Lawson I see as a major role player on a good team down the line.

But not now. Denver has work to do to climb out of the middle of the back end of the playoffs or back end of the lottery.

Thats easy. Have him go into either finance, corporate law, or computer science/engineering.

Id actually prop up Larry Nance before Hotrod though Larry is much better known. Hes not known as a player though. Hes known as a dunker...but he played D, ran the floor, blocked shots, rebounded, had a jumper and was all around solid. Hes Josh Smith if he learned something in college before coming to the league. I always respected nance.