Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Rarely updated late night ramblings.

Just a place for me to throw the basketball related things that pop into my head as I sit and wait for some guys to finish some electrical work im required to be in the building for....

Greatest "Other guys" of all time?

Guys from great teams who never come up when the team is described...but they played major roles.

Guys like:

Byron Scott - I believe he was the Lakers leading scorer a couple times in the 80s. Would smash on anyone. Could shoot. Play D. Nobody cares because of Magic, Worthy, and Kareem. Cooper is more remembered as well. Maybe Rambis too.

Jeff Hornacek - Stockton/Malone jazz should be Stockton/Malone/Hornacek Jazz to me. Not that he was as good as them but it was a clear divide from Jeff to their next best player. He was an all star level guy on the Suns and 76ers and just let go of that to play a role. But he was still bigtime in a lot of series and games. No hops Manu.

Detlef Schregevbregvmph. In 95 or 96 I believe he, Kemp, and GP were all on the all nba third team. At least he and Kemp were. But nobody remembers him on those teams as major guy. He was putting up like 20 a game for a minute or two. Should be the GP/Kemp/Detlef Sonics not just Kemp and Payton. Detlef was MAJOR for that team.

Solid players I feel need a little more attention. First of many things I will post then never follow up on in the coming hours.....
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 01-18-2012 at 07:09 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Im at work till 5am. Prepare for rambling.

Scott was good, but he had an act of disappearing in big games, especially if he was in the Garden, but he did lead the Lakers in scoring in their '88 title season. Got one question for you....Byron Scott or Danny Ainge?

Shawn Marion: Those Suns will always be Nash and Amare.

Charles Oakley: John Starks might be more known now, but he was the Knicks (Oak) 2nd most important player, I think.

cool... what do u work with kblaze?

80's Celtics: Danny Ainge (Was the teams best athlete & quickest player)

Early 90's Blazers: Terry Porter (No holes in his game, he did everything well)

'09 Lakers: Trevor Ariza

80's Sixers: Andrew Toney

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

Trevor Ariza couldnt carry the other 3's jockstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

I beg your pardon?

Danny Ainge...

Danny..

Hard to say this since I hated him back in the day but...

Danny Ainge went hard. He was the kind guy you could call a "punk"(in an old man kinda way). You cant call him a bitch though. Small but important difference. Danny played hard...both ends. Outmatched or not. He never stopped giving his all. He would get dirty. Get on the floor. Elbow. Talk shit. Pick fights.

But he was a winner. You can win with a gang of Danny ainge types on your team. Id never have said so at the time but in retrospect...I ****s with Danny ainge.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Trevor Ariza couldnt carry the other 3's jockstrap.
    He might be comparable to Ainge, even though Ainge is a much better ball-handler, passer, & shooter, Ariza is the better defender & finisher and I just love the way he preformed in the '09 playoffs. (I'll take Ainge though)

70's lakers - Gail Goodrich

80's Nuggets: Lafyette Lever

90's Hawks: Mookie Blaylock

90's Lakers: Cedric Ceballos

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Danny Ainge...

Danny..

Hard to say this since I hated him back in the day but...

Danny Ainge went hard. He was the kind guy you could call a "punk"(in an old man kinda way). You cant call him a bitch though. Small but important difference. Danny played hard...both ends. Outmatched or not. He never stopped giving his all. He would get dirty. Get on the floor. Elbow. Talk shit. Pick fights.

But he was a winner. You can win with a gang of Danny ainge types on your team. Id never have said so at the time but in retrospect...I ****s with Danny ainge.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfKftsW8DhE

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    70's lakers - Gail Goodrich

80's Nuggets: Lafyette Lever

90's Hawks: Mookie Blaylock

90's Lakers: Cedric Ceballos
    Ced was the star on those Laker teams. This was pre-Shaq.

cool... what do u work with kblaze?
    I do virtually nothing. Well I have to do virtually nothing. I do more than required. all im required to do is be in the building, make sure people are generally being safe, and now and then train some kid who really just uses the job here to get a license on the various machinery I can train them to use. My primary purpose is...if something or someone gets ****ed up im accountable and am required for insurance to cover it. So in that role I am mostly useless...but required.

I spend most of the day on my computer or wandering around arguing about sports with people who have work to do. Right now im eating a reeses cup and streaming a movie. The most work I will be doing tonight is walking to a different computer when the guy fixing our systems comes over here. It will knock out the internet over here. So ill go to some other office.

That is the extent of my work tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I do virtually nothing. Well I have to do virtually nothing. I do more than required. all im required to do is be in the building, make sure people are generally being safe, and now and then train some kid who really just uses the job here to get a license on the various machinery I can train them to use. My primary purpose is...if something or someone gets ****ed up im accountable and am required for insurance to cover it. So in that role I am mostly useless...but required.

I spend most of the day on my computer or wandering around arguing about sports with people who have work to do. Right now im eating a reeses cup and streaming a movie. The most work I will be doing tonight is walking to a different computer when the guy fixing our systems comes over here. It will knock out the internet over here. So ill go to some other office.

That is the extent of my work tonight.

sounds......

pretty F'ing pathetic.....

sorry man.

Despite being generally less blown away by him than it seems most are....I feel like Kobe is getting underrated lately. Not all time. But right now. For the player he currently is. People are ready to write him off as elite. And to me the thing you most have to respect about Kobe is his "**** you"ness.

Kobe is on a short list of athletes I suspect just hates people. People in his way at least. Kobe...James harrison...KG perhaps...Tiger woods...Jordan...Bird...Steve Smith. I dont think they enjoy other people. Teammates I think they hate for hindering their ability to win....opponents for trying to win instead of them.

I respect tht hatred in a sports way. And Kobe hears people. He knows hes being written off. I wouldnt be one bit surprised if he put up 30 a game next season and won another ring and brought up peoples comments this off season in the finals post game celebration.

Hes slowly going from someone I didnt really see the big deal about to one of those people I support in old age after years of not caring or flat out wanting them to lose(Reggie is another example). I wont be annoyed or surprised if Kobe wins next year and has people saying hes the best again.