Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: You hear stories of Jordan being an a**hole and a jerk.

I see both sides of the argument and wether his assholishness is justified or not and honestly once you get older and get a certain understanding of the world, you realize that yes some people are basically much more important than other people. It is what it is. For it to be ok for Jordan to be an asshole to everyone just isn't cool. He has to understand who he is and the impact he has on people. And I think hes very well aware of that. And the reason hes such a douche is that hes just a miserable person. Hes always been a miserable person throughout his career, I think it was all magnified when his father died and afterwards there was just no way for him to find happiness. Other than competing of course. But that is temporary. Just think about it, all his glory days are behind him, he is the most accomplished player ever and yet I bet he still wonders why he is so miserable. After his career, what is there to do for him on a daily basis? Thats why hes a compulsive gambler and all that. I actually feel bad for Jordan, he can never be a normal person. His life must be a depressing hell now. So that is why, I think, hes such a douche.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    But what I found funny is that although you hear these stories about him, you don't hear any of the thousands of teammates/coaches/opponents come out and say how horrible of a guy he was. You would think this would be the case for someone thats supposedly such a prick.
    Well obviously you don't understand just how powerful MJ is. You do not make someone like MJ your enemy especially publicly.

And to reiterate, MJ's vindictiveness is why he's so successful, he gets gratification from fcking people over. Nothing wrong with that, many powerful and successful people are.

Learning to shoot layups cbombdotcom's Avatar

As a Jordan fan, I think the most disheartening thing about his journey thus far is that the guy is still mad. He's still upset, hurt and embittered over slights that happened years and years ago. You've risen from a skinny, country boy to the apex of the sport at the high school, collegiate, amateur, professional and Olympic levels. You transcended sports in a way that few (if any) other people have, influenced everything from bald heads, to fashion, to baggy shorts, to hip hop culture and terminology. Nike, Gatorade and McDonald's should present you with lifetime achievement awards for the face time you've given them. You are arguably (and without question to some) the greatest player in a league with a 65 year history. You have one of the most recognizable logos this world over. You broke records, sold out arenas and left an indelible impact on the game that cannot be duplicated. Millions of kids hit the courts and playgrounds trying to be you; trying to stick there tongues out, go for reverse layups with the handslap, hit fadeaways and switch hands. You are the reason some people ever got into basketball. You were dope, you were cool, you were the man...and you're rich...and you're STILL bitter? You've done everything and yet, it still eats you up inside that Leroy Smith made varsity your sophomore year and you didn't? When they needed size and you were too small? And after making varsity the very next year and proving that they were wrong then? His H.O.F. speech is a little sad because you know what you're hearing aren't the words of a megastar icon, but the insecurities of a young kid that would go out of his way to destroy anyone who dared remove that chip from his shoulder. I guess his ultra competitive nature really is a double-edged sword. It plus money, fame, yes men, etc. isn't the greatest combo.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    Well obviously you don't understand just how powerful MJ is. You do not make someone like MJ your enemy especially publicly.

And to reiterate, MJ's vindictiveness is why he's so successful, he gets gratification from fcking people over. Nothing wrong with that, many powerful and successful people are.
    Jordan played with numerous scrubs through HS, College, and the Pros that it really wouldn't effect otherwise because they really aren't high up in those circles, or in those circles at all. Hell, Sam Smith's career has been going strong for 20 years since the Jordan Rules.

I'm sure alot of it is blown out of proportion. His squeaky clean great role model character is blown out of proportion and this complete evil asshole character is blown out of proportion. And I think you could probably say that about alot of public figures.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Stop making up stuff.
    You should tell that to the troll I quoted

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    You should tell that to the troll I quoted
    So why even respond? If you know he's a troll, why then would you feed a troll?

If it's going to make you upset about something, click ignore and move one.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

He had to defend Kobe's honor

He had to defend Kobe's honor
    That B.S. from both sides is so stupid man. Neither of those men give a damn about who's defending their "honor" and are both scum to me as people off the court (offcourse they do give back to the community and have more influence, but just their personality).

I would never defend either of them as people from what history suggests to me. That's just me though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

I'm not really upset about it I probably would have made a joke about Jordan murdering his pops even if that guy didn't even post in here.

My previous comment was just for the sake of Randy responding to me.

I'm not really upset about it I probably would have made a joke about Jordan murdering his pops even if that guy didn't even post in here.

My previous comment was just for the sake of Randy responding to me.
    How do you know what my username stands for?

Banned

How do you know what my username stands for?
    Because when you first started posting here, before you became obsessed with Ida, your title said "Randy Rhoades Rules"

Because when you first started posting here, before you became obsessed with Ida, your title said "Randy Rhoades Rules"
    So that's what RRR stands for...

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm sure alot of it is blown out of proportion.
    It isn't. Steve Smith told me that he's just generally not a nice person to be around (ie asshole)these days.