Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: Blake Griffin's actions last night was inexcusable

Chalmers shouldn't be running his mouth on someone Blake's size, he might get hurt. And, what has Chalmers done in the league that should make Griffin respect him? He was drafted one year ahead of Blake, so it's not like he's some superstar veteran.

Wow, talk about overreaction. Its not like Blake griffin cheapshot anyone, all he did was did some trash talk, which is part of the game

National High School Star

Do people on this thread even realize what Chalmers did?

Blake injured his back in the third quarter. Late in the 4th quarter Chalmers ran up behind Blake and threw an elbow/forearm directly into Blake's back when Blake was looking the other direction on the play where Baron got fouled and went into the crowd.

ummmm, that's a serious no no. I didn't go through this whole thread post by post but do people here know this?

Learning to shoot layups TheJester21's Avatar

From all the replays I saw, Blake was running and shoved Chalmers in the back after Baron was fouled.

Do you have a link of the replay showing this? Because most of them are the same. Not showing what transpired until the refs come in.

Not airballing my layups anymore

If you look at the video someone earlier posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZBYBlsRtc

At about 0:02-0:04 at the very right hand edge of the screen, you can see Chalmers bumping into Griffin there, before the camera view changes.
    As the commentator said, Blake's back was hurting previously, and for someone to just bump him, especially after some no calls, what the hell is Griffin meant to do?

It's called human emotions, 99.9% of human beings generally react in a negative or pissed off way when they're in pain, think things are going unfairly, and when shit happens to them that that don't deserve.
    Pretty sure YOU (OP), myself, and hell, freaking Gandhi would react in a similiar way given the context.

Also, this seniority business is bullshit. If Griffin was a 10 year vet - no, a player with 3 years under his belt - and Chalmers was a rookie, Blake would have every right to go after him, using your logic? That's not how it works.

I personally just feel your argument is a bit overreactive, and whilst you have every right to voice your own opinion, you seem to come off very strong and defensive. Think about context too.

P.S. Had Blake been hit and just fell without doing anything, there would be like 100000 threads shitting on Griffin, and he'd lose all respect, especially being the leader of that team.

My long ass 2cents.
    Last edited by trooper; 01-14-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

More people need to take a note from Andre Miller's book and knock him on the floor.

Nobody can say he's not got it coming.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

lol @ all the mad heat fans

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by trooper

chalmers is just a punk.. even after blakes slam dunk he's over there yaking like he's a proven commodity or something... lol

his new knick name should be all talk

same thing last night, he's barking at jr smith after smith burys a three in his face then goes down and turns the ball over and still keeps talking

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    chalmers is just a punk.. even after blakes slam dunk he's over there yaking like he's a proven commodity or something... lol

his new knick name should be all talk

same thing last night, he's barking at jr smith after smith burys a three in his face then goes down and turns the ball over and still keeps talking
    Yeah, I personally feel Griffin's reaction was completely justified. I mean, the guy's having back problems, and you run into him, and the ball's not even in play. I saw also the part where he was just talking when Blake was staring him down, as if he's freaking Kobe Bryant.

Bolded: didn't see the game, but hahaha he deserved it. Wish Blake posterized him on that dunk.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by trooper

At about 0:02-0:04 at the very right hand edge of the screen, you can see Chalmers bumping into Griffin there, before the camera view changes.
    As the commentator said, Blake's back was hurting previously, and for someone to just bump him, especially after some no calls, what the hell is Griffin meant to do?

It's called human emotions, 99.9% of human beings generally react in a negative or pissed off way when they're in pain, think things are going unfairly, and when shit happens to them that that don't deserve.
    Pretty sure YOU (OP), myself, and hell, freaking Gandhi would react in a similiar way given the context.

Also, this seniority business is bullshit. If Griffin was a 10 year vet - no, a player with 3 years under his belt - and Chalmers was a rookie, Blake would have every right to go after him, using your logic? That's not how it works.

I personally just feel your argument is a bit overreactive, and whilst you have every right to voice your own opinion, you seem to come off very strong and defensive. Think about context too.

P.S. Had Blake been hit and just fell without doing anything, there would be like 100000 threads shitting on Griffin, and he'd lose all respect, especially being the leader of that team.

My long ass 2cents.
    I have made it known that my feelings are the opposite of the original poster's. There are scuffles in basketball and sometimes a player is the instigator and may be in the wrong, but I do not feel his status as a rookie plays any kind of role.

I feel this was a small, rather insignificant scuffle. Yapping, single technicals, back to basketball. However, I'd be remiss if I did not provide another clip of the incident that shows Blake Griffin giving a little forearm first. Again, I view this incident as a "non-incident". But for whatever it's worth, here's an angle that cuts out just prior to Chalmers' return shove.

Two guys bickering over a strongarm. I would have long forgotten about this were it not for this intriguing thread.

Griffin with the (slight) strong arm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVqO...eature=related
    Last edited by Rake2204; 01-14-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Really stupid topic. What Griffin did was not that bad. He's a young guy and heat of the moment got him to do what he did. Him being a rookie isn't really important, at least to me...

This is what I saw:
    After a Miami missed shot, the Clippers rebounded the ball and were going the other way on a fast break. As Gomes started running the other way, Chalmers purposely kicked his foot out to trip Gomes (Gomes didn’t realize it was intentional, but Griffin was in perfect position and DID!). I guess by the time Griffin made it down court, he “bumped” into Chalmers to send a message and then Chalmers pushed him. Either way, Griffin has everyone’s back on this team! I'm down wit that!

PS. don't forget the Ilgauskas slap/punch foul to Griffin's face earlier in the game. You know that had to make Blake just a little testy to begin with!
    Last edited by shaunliv; 01-14-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    You haven't played sports then. You would take being pushed around by a frosh the same way as a senior?

I doubt it.
    Not if I was Mario Chalmers and he was Blake Griffin