Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings to sign with a European Team

Isn't it like soccer though? Won't he need to apply for an EU work permit before he goes over there? Otherwise he'll have to play in a non-EU country, and for soccer atleast it takes forever for young American players to get EU work permits.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Under a rock, cause another guy said you can get no education here.
    Europeans are stupid, uneducated people who don't know how to live well.

Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    Well then that means the competition won't be as good. Of course there are clubs and all that in Europe, but they aren't gonna know who the kid is. They are gonna see some tatted up fool with a ****ed up haircut. At a college though, hes KING.
    There's a limit for foreign players in most leagues, so believe when I say he's gonna play, nobody's gonna waste a spot.
    I doubt he's gonna sign for a 2nd tier league too.

Don't skip university kids! Makes you smarter.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Hallelujah. Finally a smart player. Would rather see a player test himself overseas, earn some money, earn experience, and then make it big in the NBA.

Won't be long before the NCAA is just scrubs that couldn't make it professionally.
    Yeah, like he'll start immediately when he goes overseas. He forgets that he's just a kid over there. No matter how good he is, he isn't polished enough for the European game.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    I hope he ends up playing in Europe for the next 15 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    did you read the rest of the post?

you can't get an education, you miss out on college life, college tradition, I think Jennings is a rare case which is going to go bad. When kids are playing high school ball and growing up they dream of being a North Carolina Tar Heel or a Duke Blue Devil, not some random European team
    Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Yeah, like he'll start immediately when he goes overseas. He forgets that he's just a kid over there. No matter how good he is, he isn't polished enough for the European game.
    These comment and comments like it just make you seem like salty college fans who want to save their game so bad you wish harm on an 18 year old kid. Thats crazy to me, anybody whose gone to college knows its not meant for everybody, and almost all of us if given the chancefor somebody with the chance to make millions our of high school instead of going to college and making those same millions later most of us would have taken the first option. This kid didn't immediately he wanted to go to Europe, he failed the test the 1st time but on his seond time he passed but it was marked b/c the difference in his score was so high people thought he must have cheated.

Thats crazy, he was penalized for actually studying for a test and improving. So in the face of that he made a plan B for himself, and in the midst of ESPN and everybody in his circle waiting for his test scores to come back he seems to have caved in to the pressure and decided to go ahead with that plan so he wouldn't be shamed if he failed. Would you really want to be knows as not being smart enough to play D1 ball. Neither would I, so with that said how can you be mad at him for that?

I honestly think the people to blame is the NBA. Up until 2 years ago a kid in this situation had the option to make himself eligible for the draft, but the NBA took that away from them because too many GMs couldn't scout and were making bad decisions on draft picks. Well looking at the 2 recent drafts I still see the same mistakes being repeated, so obviously that wasn't the players fault.

Now with the new rules not only can he not go to the NBA, but from what I understand he can't even go to the D League. Whats the point of even have a Develepemental League if kids fresh out of high school who can't/don't want to go to college can't go their and learn NBA style ball while playing in the states. The D-League would be an ideal spot for kids in this situation, allowing them to play with adults with more experience than them but without the culture shock. David Stern needs to fix this, but he won't, he's too busy kissing up to the NCAA and trying to expand his partnership with them to acutally fix the problems his rules have created.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 07-09-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Banned

Hallelujah. Finally a smart player. Would rather see a player test himself overseas, earn some money, earn experience, and then make it big in the NBA.

Won't be long before the NCAA is just scrubs that couldn't make it professionally.
    Hes not going to gain experience,you dont learn the ****ing European style of basketball in just 1 year.

Where the **** do you think the young players in Europe come from?

They are trained in the academies and trained the European style of basketball for years.

Jennings' failure in Europe will teach players not to go to Europe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    These comment and comments like it just make you seem like salty college fans who want to save their game so bad you wish harm on an 18 year old kid. Thats crazy to me, anybody whose gone to college knows its not meant for everybody, and almost all of us if given the chancefor somebody with the chance to make millions our of high school instead of going to college and making those same millions later most of us would have taken the first option. This kid didn't immediately he wanted to go to Europe, he failed the test the 1st time but on his seond time he passed but it was marked b/c the difference in his score was so high people thought he must have cheated.
    I wish harm on Chris Wallace,& Brian Cardinal.
    Of course college isn't mean for anybody but in order to achieve anything in America outside of working minimum wage jobs you have to and this includes professional sports,you see profession.

Of course everyone would want to make millions out of high school but this isn't comparable to anything most of us "average" people were offered.

Thats crazy, he was penalized for actually studying for a test and improving. So in the face of that he made a plan B for himself, and in the midst of ESPN and everybody in his circle waiting for his test scores to come back he seems to have caved in to the pressure and decided to go ahead with that plan so he wouldn't be shamed if he failed. Would you really want to be knows as not being smart enough to play D1 ball. Neither would I, so with that said how can you be mad at him for that?
    He was penalized because of all the athletes,& people in general who cheated on their tests just to get out of HS.Your grade jumping high between your 1st and 2nd test is a cause for concern so all he had to do was to take it again to see what he puts up the next time.

Even if he was ruled as not being smart enough there have been plenty players who are dumb as bricks and if he cares what a few overweight losers on message boards say about his intelligence then **** him,he could've gone to a NAIA school or a Prep School or Community College.

I honestly think the people to blame is the NBA. Up until 2 years ago a kid in this situation had the option to make himself eligible for the draft, but the NBA took that away from them because too many GMs couldn't scout and were making bad decisions on draft picks. Well looking at the 2 recent drafts I still see the same mistakes being repeated, so obviously that wasn't the players fault.

Now with the new rules not only can he not go to the NBA, but from what I understand he can't even go to the D League. Whats the point of even have a Develepemental League if kids fresh out of high school who can't/don't want to go to college can't go their and learn NBA style ball while playing in the states. The D-League would be an ideal spot for kids in this situation, allowing them to play with adults with more experience than them but without the culture shock. David Stern needs to fix this, but he won't, he's too busy kissing up to the NCAA and trying to expand his partnership with them to acutally fix the problems his rules have created.
    What has been proven wrong with the last 2 Drafts that hasnt been proven by the last 50 or so NBA Drafts?
    Some teams get lucky and some teams don't.

Brandon Jennings can go to the NBDL that has been proven.The only problems with going to the NBDL for a lot of HS players is because they will become targets for the veterans who are busting their ass to get back in the NBA and there are plenty of those in the NBDL.Another reason why going to the NBDL isn't a good idea is due to the unguranteed contract,NBDL players don't make a lot of money and their contracts aren't guranteed so if a player gets hurt or struggles he will be cut.
    There isn't much exposure in the NBDL either compared to college basketball,is making $75,000 playing in front of 20 fans in Idaho better than playing in front of 15,000 fans and your name being mentioned all over television?

Banned

Not like they want book smarts... They only see one thing, and that is $$$. If they're not interested in education, why go? Brandon is the future. He will be to European ball after college like what Kemp was to high school players.

This experience will change him for the better. This guy is going to join the NBA with a lot of hunger and incredible skills compared to college players.
    You're full of ****.

Brandon is not that dominate of a player and the players in Europe are polished veterans in the European Game.

Take Brandon's dick out of your ear.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Test results werent back yet. He would have been able to go to UofA if he passed where he would have got tons of pub.
    well, maybe he already knew he didnt do well enough. you said they were mailed july 5th and here it is the 9th so maybe he does know.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    You're full of ****.

Brandon is not that dominate of a player and the players in Europe are polished veterans in the European Game.

Take Brandon's dick out of your ear.

You also said that Deandre Jordan is a top 5 picks in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Jennings because of Jennings Talent i dont think it will hurt him but anything is possible ask OJ Mayo who will be a mega star OJ will the Consensus #1 from 7th-12grade then when one player had a better run than him in the NCAA Tournament Derrick Rose he gets #1 pick so think about Jennings but it doesnt Matter Jennings is a 6'1 MegaStar

These comment and comments like it just make you seem like salty college fans
    Yes. Salty Arizona fan who was looking forward to him play at Point Guard U. It was all a overreaction though. He would have made Arizona better and I dont think its a better business decision long term but it will be interesting to see how he does overseas.

Boozehound: They pushed back the date when the results were going to be released. It was probably red flagged again automatically b/c of what happened the 2nd time. It will be interesting to see if he got a high enough score to go to UofA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    You really want to defend my statement with bringing up some **** from December you LBJ dickriding loser.

I am just saying that think before you posts because Jennings is ranked as one of the best player in his draft class.

and the Europeans might be a polished Basketball players, but you also forget that the 2008 Euroleague Final 4 MVP is an American. Yeah, Trajan Langdon won the Final 4 MVP after scoring 21 points as the CSKA Moscow beat Maccabi Tel Aviv 91-77 in the Championship Game.

Brandon Jennings have a higher ceiling than Trajan Langdon, and i can see him learning from his veteran teammates in the Euroleague.

Stop being an @sshole, and please don't insult genchiba.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-09-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I am just saying that think before you posts because Jennings is ranked as one of the best player in his draft class.

and the Europeans might be a polished Basketball players, but you also forgot that the 2004 Euroleague Final 4 MVP is an American. Yeah, Trajan Langdon won the Final 4 MVP after scoring 21 points as the CSKA Moscow beat Maccabi Tel Aviv 91-77 in the Championship Game.

Brandon Jennings have a higher ceiling than Trajan Langdon, and i can see him learning from his veteran teammates in the Euroleague.

Stop being an @sshole, and please don't insult genchiba.
    What type of logic is that?

Ceiling and talent are 2 different things and by you bringing up that DeAndre Jordan thread that is a clear example because Jordan was ranked around the top 5 on most Mock Drafts up until the end of the season then he gets drafted at #35.
    That's because he can't do anything but run and dunk compared to Lopez,& Hibbert who actually can do more.

Because Jennings has a higher ceiling than Langdon doesn't mean he is or will be better than Langdon,Langdon did 4 years of college,played 3 years in the NBA,and has played 5 or 6 years in Europe because he was intelligent enough basketballwise to understand the game and to adapt to his role.

If Jennings really wanted to set himself up better for a career in the NBA he should've gone to college for 4 years and gained crucial basketball knowledge,worked on his game,and then be ready for the NBA.

But that's in a dream world because he probably wouldn't have been able to stay academically eligible after 1 season,and he seems too lazy to work on his game & grades compared to his want to earn money.

Anybody who believes that going to college is somehow not as good as making money out of HS please do everyone here a favor and actually talk with the countless soldiers who are coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq without any education past HS but have earned more money than their counterparts in college.Sadly the money earned will only be short term compared to what an advanced education gives you in the longterm.