Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Imagine thinking someone could average 36+ ppg coming into the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    100%

These are the same idiot Jordan fans that try to disregard LeBron's 2016 anyway they can.

Pa-the-tic
    Well first of all no one should be disregarding LeBron's 2016 playoff run. It's one of the best of all time, no doubt.

What I don't understand is why can't people appreciate LeBron/MJ/Kobe at the same time, without having to bring one of them down? I feel like it happens every time there's a debate between them. They're all legends of this sport. There's always going to be comparisons and conversations about who the GOAT is, though.

That's a whole topic for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    But I don't hate him. He seems to be a good guy.

I hate the way he plays basketball. It's ugly. Boring. And not even winning when it matters. That's all.

James Harden, the person? Sure, he may be okay. The basketball player? No thanks.
    Sure, you have the right to hate his style all you want. I'm not gonna judge you on that, but that's not the point though. It's his impact on the team and how well he's been playing throughout the season. He's doing it at a historic level. Aside from the recent Memphis game, his efficiency took a little hit over the past 2 weeks because of some cervical and wrist pain but overall he's been absolutely tremendous this year.

Rockets had a disgusting start to the season. They were 11-14 and the 14th seed at one point. Now they currently have the 5th best record in the league, and it's really all because of Harden stepping up for the team.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Sure, you have the right to hate his style all you want. I'm not gonna judge you on that, but that's not the point though. It's his impact on the team and how well he's been playing throughout the season. He's doing it at a historic level. Aside from the recent Memphis game, his efficiency took a little hit over the past 2 weeks because of some cervical and wrist pain but overall he's been absolutely tremendous this year.

Watching the box scores, yeah. An actual game?

LeBron ball is really boring. Absolutely underwhelming. But Harden just takes it to a whole other level of boredom.

LeBron ball is really boring. Absolutely underwhelming. But Harden just takes it to a whole other level of boredom.
    Harden overall is boring to watch. I won't deny that whatsoever.

However, he's putting up historic numbers and it's translating to wins. So clearly it's working, even though I find it hard to watch.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Harden overall is boring to watch. I won't deny that whatsoever.

However, he's putting up historic numbers and it's translating to wins. So clearly it's working, even though I find it hard to watch.

It is working if he is able to win it all. So far he hasn't.

Is his style efficient? It is. It is as is he were to play basketball in MS excel. Advanced percentages are good. Why? Mainly due to FTs. Does he need lots of skill to be able do that? Sure.

Do you want to watch? No.

How many fans or supporters does Harden have that are not fans of the team he plays for? Not many.

Exactly...imagine having to watch and support these guys...poor cvnts.

They have to convince themselves so i let them be...deep down they're hating it tho

And what are you doing right now?
    Oh you got me m8...what a zinger

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8

Aaaaand you continue to comment after claiming that he's not worth your precious time

Never change, MATE.

It's impressive. I think he's MVP, but the new rules for this season did crippled defense to make the league more high scoring. So that's the one knock.

Hey m8, spoiler alert because I know you're still way behind streaming our games but the Cavaliers come back from down 3-1 in 2016 and win the championship!

36 points on 100 shots a game is not even impressive in today's league
    Harden is currently averaging nearly 3 shot attempts less and just under 1 FTA more than Kobe in his highest scoring year. 36.1 to 35.4.

Harden is currently averaging over 3 attempts less and nearly a FTA less a game than MJ is his highest scoring year. 36.1 to 37.1.

It's fun educating people with so little basketball knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    As I've said before, what he does in regular season really doesn't mean anything. He has to now do it in the playoffs. He can't and Chris Paul is getting old to carry him like he did vs the Warriors before he got hurt. He will end his career a playoff failure as "the man". He'll probably go join Giannis or something when he's old and washed up and win a few chips as a role player later, though.

On a side note, will he actually shoot better than 30% from 3pt land this playoffs while he's launching the 10+ a game?
    Harden still has a window, this and next season to win. Not sure why people think it's known automatically. Warriors look like they're on the brink of self destruction this season.

What I don't understand is why can't people appreciate LeBron/MJ/Kobe at the same time, without having to bring one of them down?
    I don't know. People are really pathetic. I bring all 3 of them down.

I don't like his game, but as long as he is getting results that's what matters when it comes to him and the Rockets.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

While not playing defense