Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default The 05-06 Suns ranked first in pace would rank dead last in pace this season...

These numbers today are so fake.

The NBA is fake.

Default Re: The 05-06 Suns ranked first in pace would rank dead last in pace this season...

It's all about them statssss

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: The 05-06 Suns ranked first in pace would rank dead last in pace this season...

Looking at the 60s through the late 80s and considering everything since? That brief run of slowed down games and defense we had from the mid 90s to mid 2000s is likely to go down as something of a dead ball era.

The 50s and 95ish up to a few years ago Are the only times with the suppressed scores and nobody doing outrageous numbers.

Long-term it

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

anybody who uses statistics as the sole criteria to compare and evaluate players is either disingenuous or an idiot

3-time NBA All-Star

They're not fake there just inflated s bit for some guys. LeBron had his highest points per game that year

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    They're not fake there just inflated s bit for some guys. LeBron had his highest points per game that year
    That's where stats can lie at times. Lebron didn't peak as a scorer in 2006 same as MJ didn't peak as one in 87, but by the numbers you'd think they were worse scorers as their career went along. Lebron was a much better scorer in 2013 than 2006, but PPG doesn't reflect that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    That's where stats can lie at times. Lebron didn't peak as a scorer in 2006 same as MJ didn't peak as one in 87, but by the numbers you'd think they were worse scorers as their career went along. Lebron was a much better scorer in 2013 than 2006, but PPG doesn't reflect that reality.
    2006 was when the league changed the rules, and we saw an influx of scoring from perimeter players

Kobe, Iverson, LeBron, Arenas, Pierce, Dirk, Carmelo & Allen ALL saw career highs in ppg in either '06 or '07

Wait...

So are you telling me it's absolutely brain deadedly retarded to compare stats from this era to the 2000s era?

NO..NO....FCUKING...WAY!!

Us Brantards are in complete SHAMBLES

Jokic Stan

You can always use per-100 possessions. Those are stats too.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Yeah for sure. More points dosnt necessarily mean better. I was just highlighting the fact that pace of play hasn't led to better stats for everyone. LeBron is a perfect example of that

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Wait...

So are you telling me it's absolutely brain deadedly retarded to compare stats from this era to the 2000s era?

NO..NO....FCUKING...WAY!!

Us Brantards are in complete SHAMBLES
    Why are you the way that you are? /Michael Scott