Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dirk or Lebron?

Default Re: Dirk or Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Na, most players share the same opinion as mine. If you think nobody cares about my standards then I dont care what you think brah. One thing is for sure, Id rather have players standards over the nerds in the media.
    So you won't tell what your standards are? So most likely it's "Hurr durr I don't count Lebron's rings, because they're Lebron's rings".

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Lebron's main argument is to lead shitteams into the playoffs - albeit the last shitteam he played on were the '10 Cavs. Dirk also took shit teams to the playoffs. Finals even. The '06 team aside from Jet isn't much better than Lebron's '07, but everyone acts like Lebron's was some herculean effort.

I wonder how many finals Dirk would've made, if he had played in the east.
    umm his argument is that he's a much better player , unless you're just trolling like the rest of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by fileman1209
    umm his argument is that he's a much better player , unless you're just trolling like the rest of the thread
    Main argument to be a great player, not over Dirk. Meaning you could push Dirk's case with the same narrative.

TBH I'm not sure if he would've won, had he stayed in Cleveland.

3-time NBA All-Star

So you won't tell what your standards are? So most likely it's "Hurr durr I don't count Lebron's rings, because they're Lebron's rings".
    I want to be fair to every player in history. Why would I put a cheater in the same sentence as dirk. Lebron should be compared to garnett or pierce. And as Ive said, GOAT for me is the player I would build around. And the ones who won with less is the player I would build around. Thats why players of the past will never form superteams coz how will we know if he can be a player to build around if hes forming superteams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Lebron's main argument is to lead shitteams into the playoffs - albeit the last shitteam he played on were the '10 Cavs. Dirk also took shit teams to the playoffs. Finals even. The '06 team aside from Jet isn't much better than Lebron's '07, but everyone acts like Lebron's was some herculean effort.

I wonder how many finals Dirk would've made, if he had played in the east.

With decent to good help? A lot, but he wasn't winning many more titles though unless he got a legit 2nd star.

He might have like 5 finals and 2 titles if he played in the East.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

As for the question... I think someone posted a similar one not too long about which player you'd rather draft.

I think Lebron is easily the better player...so if that is the question...pretty obvious that Lebron was/is better and had a better career.

In terms of which player a franchise should draft? I think that answer is clearly Dirk unless it was the Lakers.

Every other team...almost for sure Lebron is bouncing in the heart of his prime....and he's not coming back "home" unless the team in question was the Cavs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    As for the question... I think someone posted a similar one not too long about which player you'd rather draft.

I think Lebron is easily the better player...so if that is the question...pretty obvious that Lebron was/is better and had a better career.

In terms of which player a franchise should draft? I think that answer is clearly Dirk unless it was the Lakers.

Every other team...almost for sure Lebron is bouncing in the heart of his prime....and he's not coming back "home" unless the team in question was the Cavs.

dirk with lebrons teams wins 3-4 times minimum ( 11, 12, 13 and maybe 14 ) .. kobe and MJ would win 8 times ( 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 assuming kyrie does the same damage and draymond gets suspended again )

of course you take dirk

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    dirk with lebrons teams wins 3-4 times minimum ( 11, 12, 13 and maybe 14 ) .. kobe and MJ would win 8 times ( 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 assuming kyrie does the same damage and draymond gets suspended again )

of course you take dirk
    Post their 30 point triple doubles

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Post their 30 point triple doubles

Couldn

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

of course you take dirk
    Only an 8peat? I think you're selling Kobe short

Bro despite Bran being easy to hate and having a terrible attitude.
    Despite him set hopping and d!ckriding.
    Despite him blaming teammates for the last decade.
    Despite all that ....

Dirk has an ugly game.
    Very few dunks.
    No highlight blocks.
    Gamewinners sure.
    But his game ain't terribly entertaining.
    And he is not top ten all time.
    Top 25 yeah but not top ten or top five.

Bran is easily top ten and honestly top five all time.
    despite being so corny and easy to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous

Couldn’t find anything about arbitrary stat sheet stuffing but I did find this interesting tidbit about closing games
    It gets worse in the last 5 minutes with score close.
    Raymone don't like PRESSURE:

But Bran still way better and it's not close.

Bran easily has the most embarrassing resume of any top ten player.
    Both on the court and embarrassing contextual moments of cornball !sh.
    But Dirk may be the worst defender of any top 25 player.

Dirk as he beat Lebron without HCA when Lebron was at his peak.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

You can build a better team around Dirk (he needed less help) because his skillset was superior.. period

he made all player types better including ball-handlers, whereas lebron's skillset doesn't fit well with everyone

Lebron's ball-dominant style is simply a vastly overrated, stat-padding style.. no different than iverson, except lebron is 6'8", so he's more offensively efficient/better, and he was "discovered" earlier/coddled earlier, so he has less rough edges than iverson

Dirk, obviously, much better talent/basketball ability with more impact and longevity, then he has more mvps, fmvps, rings and more records/milestones etc.