Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Scottie Pippen 25pts 17rebs 7ast 0to vs Magic 2003 37yrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dj...mWnItqkdxIj8PA

I remember this game. I was always disappointed that I could never find it on youtube or much of his Blazer days at all. In a b2b the next game he'd then drop 26 on the Heat. Team needs to put that up, too. This season he was playing pg full time. (which is why poor Darrell Armstrong is having to defend him) Unfortunately the knees were a constant struggle as well as his back and he'd then have periods where he could barely ball. I believe that 17 rebounds was a career high which I always found funny. Putting up a career high in rebounds when you are 37. ha The Blazers are a good example of Scottie's impact beyond numbers, though, and what made him such a high impact player. This team had a lot of head cases and would fall apart on the court all the time when Pippen was off the court. Once he came back out he'd calm the team down and they'd get back to work.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Default Re: Scottie Pippen 25pts 17rebs 7ast 0to vs Magic 2003 37yrs

I was a bigger Pippen fan than Jordan growing up and loved watching those Blazers teams back in the day. I liked how he could run an offense without dominating the ball and usually was able to fill in whatever deficiencies the team had that particular game. Just a superb all-around player.

The Blazers were such an eclectic mix. Sabas, Smitty, and Pip being calming, professional figureheads and then Sheed, Damon, and Bonzi waiting to implode at a moments notice. That locker room must have been a mess.

Glad the Spurs could get Smitty a ring. Always felt Sabas should have gotten one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    I was a bigger Pippen fan than Jordan growing up and loved watching those Blazers teams back in the day. I liked how he could run an offense without dominating the ball and usually was able to fill in whatever deficiencies the team had that particular game. Just a superb all-around player.

The Blazers were such an eclectic mix. Sabas, Smitty, and Pip being calming, professional figureheads and then Sheed, Damon, and Bonzi waiting to implode at a moments notice. That locker room must have been a mess.

Glad the Spurs could get Smitty a ring. Always felt Sabas should have gotten one too.
    Pip and Sabas were always my favorite players on the team. I've always liked Sheed, but he could annoy the shit out of you with his antics and being too passive. Sheed had all the talent and skill to be up there with Duncan and Garnett, but he just didn't want it enough. Out guys like Duncan, Garnett, and Webber, Sheed was one who had the best post game. His turn around was UNSTOPPABLE. He could then put it on the floor and he was athletic as hell back in those days. His problem was that he just didn't have the mentality to be a star. He was happy just being a role player.

Yeah, I found Sheed incredibly annoying until I read up on him and understood him a bit better. He just didn't like the media attention. I'd probably be similar in his shoes. I thought it was respectable he straight up didn't want to be the center of attention, but damned if his emotions didn't result in the complete opposite happening.

He was an incredible talent and I'm glad things worked out for him with the Pistons. I respected him after I saw the work he could do defensively on Duncan. Nobody made Tim work as hard on both ends of the ball. He covered him better than Garnett and scored on him, like you said, when he felt like it in the post. That fade was unguardable and he was clutch with it too. Usually a guy relies on a jumper like that it goes south when it really matters. I saw him make enough in money time that I learned to fear it, problem was would the team be smart enough to get the ball to he or Sabas? That was always the question.

I liked almost the whole team. Wasn't too big a fan of Bonzi and thought Damon was terribly overrated, but the rest of team I pulled hard for when the Spurs were eliminated.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Let me translate for OP...

"Please love my Bran."

Smoke, you're an odd and funny dude; I notice your social anxiety is so bad that you even get nervous when you start a thread.

It'll get better; trust the process.

Wait hold up....THIS is the Scottie that Kobe crossed up like it was nothing in Shaq's greatest career highlight play?

Here come the trolls to ruin another thread.

Yeah, I found Sheed incredibly annoying until I read up on him and understood him a bit better. He just didn't like the media attention. I'd probably be similar in his shoes. I thought it was respectable he straight up didn't want to be the center of attention, but damned if his emotions didn't result in the complete opposite happening.

He was an incredible talent and I'm glad things worked out for him with the Pistons. I respected him after I saw the work he could do defensively on Duncan. Nobody made Tim work as hard on both ends of the ball. He covered him better than Garnett and scored on him, like you said, when he felt like it in the post. That fade was unguardable and he was clutch with it too. Usually a guy relies on a jumper like that it goes south when it really matters. I saw him make enough in money time that I learned to fear it, problem was would the team be smart enough to get the ball to he or Sabas? That was always the question.

I liked almost the whole team. Wasn't too big a fan of Bonzi and thought Damon was terribly overrated, but the rest of team I pulled hard for when the Spurs were eliminated.
    Sheed was the best one on one defensive player in the post for years. His length and instincts just frustrated many players. He was also a really good team/rim guy. It's laughable that Tayshaun Prince was being put on the all defensive 2nd team over him and crazy that Sheed never even made one all defensive 2nd team in general.

I could never stand Damon. He took stupid ill advised shots and he was a terrible facilitator and floor general which is why Scottie always did it when he was on the court with him. I don't know if you remember, but in that 2003 season Scottie actually started the season coming off the bench and was assumed done, but Damon was such shit and the team was struggling so much that Cheeks inserted Pippen into the starting line up at pg and the they then started winning with him running the team.

Kobe slurpers always were insecure. From the moment he entered the league to beyond retirement.

Unfortunate that they don't recognize the similarities between themselves and LeBron nvthuggers.

Same type of people, different wang to swing from.

Kobe slurpers always were insecure. From the moment he entered the league to beyond retirement.

Unfortunate that they don't recognize the similarities between themselves and LeBron nvthuggers.

Same type of people, different wang to swing from.
    This is from that last season:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeozk-VXm6M

Every time I see idiots like 3ball say Scottie couldn't play pg and run a team outside the triangle offense I think of that video and of that last season on the blazers when he was the teams point guard, period. Not a point forward, but point guard. I'd say if you can run a team effectively at 37 you'd be just fine in your prime.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-22-2019 at 04:44 PM.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

GOAT second option

1-9 savior

Turned a 6'6 Allen Iverson into something better

#NeverForget

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Sheed was the best one on one defensive player in the post for years. His length and instincts just frustrated many players. He was also a really good team/rim guy. It's laughable that Tayshaun Prince was being put on the all defensive 2nd team over him and crazy that Sheed never even made one all defensive 2nd team in general.

I could never stand Damon. He took stupid ill advised shots and he was a terrible facilitator and floor general which is why Scottie always did it when he was on the court with him. I don't know if you remember, but in that 2003 season Scottie actually started the season coming off the bench and was assumed done, but Damon was such shit and the team was struggling so much that Cheeks inserted Pippen into the starting line up at pg and the they then started winning with him running the team.
    Sheed did his best to drive the media away man. No way were they going to give him accolades. He didn't care regardless, as long as his teammates and the fans recognized it.

Yeah, Damon was a mess and was largely the reason the Spurs could overcome the Blazers so I have to be somewhat appreciative of him.

This is from that last season:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeozk-VXm6M

Every time I see idiots like 3ball say Scottie couldn't play pg and run a team outside the triangle offense I think of that video and of that last season on the blazers when he was the teams point guard, period. Not a point forward, but point guard. I'd say if you can run a team effectively at 37 you'd be just fine in your prime.
    Nice find, thanks for sharing. Interesting to hear Davis have such respect for him in such a short amount of time.

3balls on another level. For whatever reason he feels that any credit that goes to Pip takes away Jordan's greatness.

My opinion, he was at his best when he was running the team.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Here come the trolls to ruin another thread.
    Meltdown.

prime pippen would be a top 5 player in that era, in fact his game would be even better rated today