Default Shaq Still Carrying Franchises: Papa John's Shares Rise After He Joins Board

Pizza chain Papa John’s, trying to bounce back from a series of high-profile PR blunders, on Friday named basketball star Shaquille O’Neal as its newest board member and announced an $8.25 million three-year endorsement deal with the four-time NBA champion.

The company’s shares rose nearly 6 percent in morning trade.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN1R31OY

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq Still Carrying Franchises: Papa John's Shares Rise After He Joins Board

Shaq is like in every commercial nowadays.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq Still Carrying Franchises: Papa John's Shares Rise After He Joins Board

People can talk all the shit about him that they want to but that man had the common sense to turn his platform into something that will take care of a lot more generations of his family than basketball alone would.

I bet his endorsement deal is contingent on him producing all the commercials he does for them himself. His production company produces all his commercials which is why they are so shitty but also why he gets so much money.

Like the Shaq shoes in Kmart. Sells for 25-30 bucks but he gets way more of the money than other athletes get out of a 200 dollar shoe.

Shaq knows what he’s doing.

Decent playground baller

It might go down if/when he says the n word though?

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]People can talk all the shit about him that they want to but that man had the common sense to turn his platform into something that will take care of a lot more generations of his family than basketball alone would.

I bet his endorsement deal is contingent on him producing all the commercials he does for them himself. His production company produces all his commercials which is why they are so shitty but also why he gets so much money.

Like the Shaq shoes in Kmart. Sells for 25-30 bucks but he gets way more of the money than other athletes get out of a 200 dollar shoe.

Shaq knows what he

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If I remember correctly he spent $1 million the first week he was rich and his dad flipped out on him(despite some of that money buying the dad a car). He stopped being an idiot right then. He claimed he never spent nba money after that. It

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Explains a lot, shrewd move too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/shaq-joins-...162114528.html

Looks like Shaq was the one who reached out to them.

He's owned everything from Five Guys to 24 Hour Fitness.

College star

Shaq has always been a corporate clown. It amazes me how professional athletes who are supposed to be the pinnacle of fitness and health promote crap like pizza and fast food.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Shaq Attack and Goatbe, greatest duo in the history of the game

My Laker boys always stay winning

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    Shaq has always been a corporate clown. It amazes me how professional athletes who are supposed to be the pinnacle of fitness and health promote crap like pizza and fast food.

Papa Johns reported a net income of $1.6 million last year and they are now paying Shaq around $2.8 million to endorse them

Lets see how this will play out

They would lose money if they paid him in pizza.