Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

MJ because he was never outscored by a teammate or opponent in any series, or lost fmvp

goat

Default Re: All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

Default Re: All players were carried at least one series (i.e. 06' shaq, 11' lebron), except

He literally got outplayed by Shawn Kemp in 96 and still won Finals MVP

Imagine a final Series where LeBron James get outplayed by Blake Griffin and still wins Finals MVP

Checkmate

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Thank you for this, I will watch it now and I'm sure I'll have even more information to destroy 3ball upon my arrival.

1st reply ether. 3ball you've lost a step, time to reinvent yourself for the last leg of your career.....

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Uh oh...

Hmmm, well I'm only 7 minutes in and things aren't looking good for you 3ball...

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    1st reply ether. 3ball you've lost a step, time to reinvent yourself for the last leg of your career.....
    He's grasping for straws as he watches his idol fade away, right before his very eyes

Like I said, watching as we speak. Things aren't looking too good:

21 min now...

This is the closeout game 6 "Killer Jordan" on full display?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    He's grasping for straws as he watches his idol fade away, right before his very eyes
    we can pinpoint series where everyone else was carried (88' Finals for kareem.. 06' Finals for shaq... 11' Finals for bron... etc, etc)

But MJ was never carried because was always scored more than everyone in every series he ever played.. and never lost fmvp

It's impossible to be carried if you outscored everyone in every series..

NBA rookie of the year

The convenient thing people leave out about the '96 Finals is in the first 3 games, where it actually maybe was a series, Jordan averaged 31 ppg. The Bulls won game 1 by 17 points and game 3 by 18 points, so really those were basically blow outs. Only game 2 was competitive. If the Sonics could've made it a series Jordan probably has more in his usual 33/34 ppg in those first few games.

By the time it was a 3-0 series it was over, everyone including Shawn Kemp's grandma knew it.

The Bulls had destroyed everyone that season and took their foot off the gas pedal for two games so they could celebrate their historic championship in front of the Chicago crowd instead of rainy Seattle.

But that series was a joke. Seattle was never really in any position where they were a threat to the Bulls.

The Bulls playoffs really ended the moment they destroyed Orlando in the Eastern Finals, that was really their Finals. After that the championship coronation was just a formality.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 03-22-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    we can pinpoint series where everyone else was carried (88' Finals for kareem.. 06' Finals for shaq... 11' Finals for bron... etc, etc)

But MJ was never carried because was always scored more than everyone in every series he ever played.. and never lost fmvp

It's impossible to be carried if you outscored everyone in every series..
    I watched the full video SouBeach posted and you are dead wrong.

Thread backfire

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Hakeem Olajuwon was not carried. Larry Bird was not carried. Isiah Thomas was not carried. Magic... well you can argue 1980 but basically he was not carried.

Yikes, lucky Pippen was there to shoulder the rest of the load

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Hakeem Olajuwon was not carried. Larry Bird was not carried. Isiah Thomas was not carried. Magic... well you can argue 1980 but basically he was not carried.
    Bird and Magic lost fmvps to teammates, and teammates outscored them all the time

And Hakeem's teammates outscored and carried him frequently too.. just look at the 96 playoffs.. Drexler outscored him in their loss to the sonics, along with 3 sonics players.. he was just a non-factor and he has several series like that

We can point to series from all players to see when they were carried.. except MJ, because he was the leading scorer every series and always fmvp.. only MJ did this