Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Thumbs down Imagine going pro at 21 and taking a two year break in your prime...

Even though you’d only made 3 deep playoff runs in your career so far.

Think of how much energy you’d save. Then think about all the stimulants and PED’s floating around in that era, at a time when testing was a joke.

Is there any reason a player under those conditions SHOULDNT put up more ppg than anyone else?? Your career is like half as long as guys playing today. Please...

“Hey, every time Im a little bit tired Ill just retire for a couple years so my stats dont suffer.”

Unbelievable smh.

Default Re: Imagine going pro at 21 and taking a two year break in your prime...

Default Re: Imagine going pro at 21 and taking a two year break in your prime...

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth

YOOOOOO

How is it taking a break when he played another sport at an extremely high level?

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    How is it taking a break when he played another sport at an extremely high level?
    To be fair... baseball is a joke.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    To be fair... baseball is a joke.
    Well, it doesn't require the physicality of basketball, I'll grant you that, but it was no joke. Jordan had to train for an entirely different range of muscle motion and skills, while his basketball skills atrophied (fortunately it was only temporary). He was riding on a cheap Greyhound bus for months at a time and generally undergoing the less than ideal quality of life of a minor leaguer.

It's not basketball level of stress, but it certainly wasn't some cakewalk vacation like Simon alts frivolously claim.

IMO, Jordan would have never retired if his father hadn't been killed by those two hoodlums. That is honestly one of the most devastating things that can happen to someone, to have a loved one brutally killed. James Jordan and MJ had talked about him playing baseball, b/c James had always wanted to see Jordan play another sport and was a huge baseball fan. Jordan was really trying to honor his dad's memory and emotionally recover.

Of course, I know some idiot is likely to claim James Jordan was killed by the mafia for Jordan's supposed gambling debts. The tinfoil hat level on ISH is frightening sometimes...

DNP - Vacation for 2 years.

Wish we could all be spoiled divas like MJ and take 2 years off of our dream job to pursue our...other dream job.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    DNP - Vacation for 2 years.

Wish we could all be spoiled divas like MJ and take 2 years off of our dream job to pursue our...other dream job.
    See my post above yours. This is idiotic revisionist history. No one who really knows what happened believes that.

We all know it was a shadow suspension for having his father assassinated in order to settle gambling debts. And by 'shadow' I mean the league wanted to punish him, but at the same time did not want it to be publicly known that the league's biggest financial asset was a criminal, hence the 'retirement' story. But as it's been pointed out before MJ played baseball at a professional level during those years. You think the greatest competitor of all time actually wanted to quit basketball?! :

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bison
    We all know it was a shadow suspension for having his father assassinated in order to settle gambling debts. And by 'shadow' I mean the league wanted to punish him, but at the same time did not want it to be publicly known that the league's biggest financial asset was a criminal, hence the 'retirement' story. But as it's been pointed out before MJ played baseball at a professional level during those years. You think the greatest competitor of all time actually wanted to quit basketball?! :
    I called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha
    See my post above yours. This is idiotic revisionist history. No one who really knows what happened believes that.
    FkAri is a troll

This is exactly why they don't want to totals, but rather "per game."

Caught again, kids.

Nice work, OP

Oh Jordan was juicing up hard in the minors with the best of em

Told the Bulls he had to drop weight and wanted to come back right in time for 95 Playoffs, Phil and Chi FO said nope you're coming back now to get in game condition.

Still came back 25-30 pounds heavier and lean after months off baseball

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Oh Jordan was juicing up hard in the minors with the best of em

Told the Bulls he had to drop weight and wanted to come back right in time for 95 Playoffs, Phil and Chi FO said nope you're coming back now to get in game condition.

Still came back 25-30 pounds heavier and lean after months off baseball
    Sounds like fairy tales.

Any proof?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    This is exactly why they don't want to totals, but rather "per game."

Caught again, kids.

Nice work, OP

Thank you, sir.

*takes bow*

Incoming “omg but simon its the same guy ur a alt thats the same persons , simonnnnnn!!!!!!

We. stay. winning.