Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Banned

Default Re: Rumor According to Lazenby Tweet: Gasol to be traded to Rockets for Lowry/Scola

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Didn't read thread. But how did this thread get over 100 replies?

Gasol for Scola and Lowry? Who's stupid enough to make that trade? Seriously. Delusional fans I swear.
    the first 5 or 6 pages the thread title was GASOL IS GONE and people thought it was real

the rest has been poop flinging at each other due to what happened in the first pages

Default Re: Rumor According to Lazenby Tweet: Gasol to be traded to Rockets for Lowry/Scola

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Scola is 31. an old 31. There is nothing long term about Scola.

Lowry is longterm...and he's right now too.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    I really want that GSW trade to go down.. It's obvious the Lakers have some huge problems. That trade would make us younger athletic and better. It's funny because any team that can run can beat the Lakers. We almost lost to the timeberwolves without K Love in the lineup. That's not a good sign for us at all.
    Golden State deal makes too much sense for it to happen, but I don't see the Warriors giving up their whole front court just for Gasol. I just don't see the Warriors giving up David Lee too

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr

There have been next to no trades at all, what the hell is going on? not even minor deals, one of the quietest trade periods Ive seen in a while.

Surely teams arent still trying to get Howard, he's likely to play out the year with magic.

The reason why Houston was willing to trade Scola, Martin, and Dragic for Gasol is because of Nene. Its been said to you before dude. I'm not sure if me repeating it helps but oh well.

@ Millwad

Yeah. Houston trades away their 3 best players (Martin, Scola, and Lowry) for Gasol (who isn't having a great year) and some scrubs. I'm not hating or trying to be an ass. But if you're going to make a trade scenario, come up with better stuff. No one in their right mind would do that trade.
    This is what's confusing me. Woj reports that Rockets are still highly interested in Gasol and trying to get him, even without the prospect of getting Nene. If this is true (and I don't know why it is tbh) then Morey is obviously tangling everybody apart from Lowry. Lowry has one of the best non-rookie contracts in the league which probably makes Morey drool every time he thinks about it. But of course, Lakers will never budge without us throwing Lowry in, and Morey (hopefully) is never going to give up Lowry.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

The reason why Houston was willing to trade Scola, Martin, and Dragic for Gasol is because of Nene. Its been said to you before dude. I'm not sure if me repeating it helps but oh well.
    Then why is it being reported, over and over, that Houston is STILL going after Gasol? That's what matters. So now they might part with Scola and Lowry, according to a source?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Then why is it being reported, over and over, that Houston is STILL going after Gasol? That's what matters. So now they might part with Scola and Lowry, according to a source?
    Don't be stupid, the Rockets like Gasol (both of them) but that source has no credibility what so ever.

Going after Gasol doesn't mean that they will give the whole team away for him, the Lowry, Martin and Scola nonsense you posted about it just laughable, so is Lowry and Scola..

Martin's value ain't as high as Lowry to start with and they sure as hell wouldn't give away Lowry with his great contract just like that. Stop dreaming.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Don't be stupid, the Rockets like Gasol (both of them) but that source has no credibility what so ever.

Going after Gasol doesn't mean that they will give the whole team away for him, the Lowry, Martin and Scola nonsense you posted about it just laughable, so is Lowry and Scola..

Martin's value ain't as high as Lowry to start with and they sure as hell wouldn't give away Lowry with his great contract just like that. Stop dreaming.
    You saved me a post. Well said. Future repped.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

The problem has to be this, the Rockets don't want to include Lowry in the deal. I believe right now they are shopping around the league to find a PG to deal to the Lakers. Maybe GSW or Boston could be in this mix. Somebody on twitter said the Rockets are willing to part with a Lottery pick. I don't know if they have a lottery pick one or not?

TBH this looks like a cost saving moving from LAL while keeping them at the same level.

Scola/Lowry have some of the best value contracts in the L...