Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default NBA Players Idolize Kobe They Don't Idolize Lebron

This right here is what it's all about....what the media thinks of Kobe means nothing compared to this type of admiration....and it further shows why Lebron will never be in Kobe's class...I literally could go on and on with about 90% of the players with the same viewpoint....from Trevor Ariza wearing Kobe jerseys on the streets to John Wall and Carmelo to Dr. J picking Kobe saying Kobe is the best post MJ to Shaq picking Kobe over LeBron...to Bird threatening to burn his MVPs if they didn't give Kobe one to MJ picking Kobe as his successor ....the list is non ending.

Dirk Nowitski:

“He’s probably the greatest player in my generation that I played against,” said Nowitzki, who has 27,239 career points and will likely pass Elvin Hayes and Moses Malone over the next few weeks to move up to seventh on the list.

“Obviously Shaq was very dominant, Tim Duncanwas great, but I just loved watching Kobe. I don’t think there will ever be another MJ, but he’s definitely as close as it gets that we’ll ever see.

“He had it all. He’s a clutch player, can make shots from anywhere. I’ve had a blast from watching him during his career very closely. That’s a heck of an accomplishment for sure.”
    Nick Young on how he lied to MJ so the Bobcats would give him a contract:

“He asked me where I learned my fadeaway from,” Young recalled after working out for the former Charlotte Bobcats seven years ago. “Jordan was looking at me dead in my eyes. I was going to say Kobe Bryant, but I was forced to say Jordan at that moment because I wanted him to pick me.”
    Paul George on idolizing Kobe:

It’s so hard to compare anyone to Michael, but I think it’s fair to say Kobe is the second coming of MJ,” said Indiana Pacers forwardPaul George, who grew up watching Bryant while playing for Knight High in Palmdale. “Kobe has transcended the league the same way I felt Michael did.”
    George endlessly mimicked Bryant’s mannerisms in pick-up games, ranging from his fadeaway jumpers to his jaw strutting.
    Lebron James idolizing Kobe:

Cleveland forward LeBron James recently told reporters he had a Bryant poster on his bedroom wall growing up. The poster served as an inspiration for James as he followed Bryant’s path in morphing from high school phenom to NBA star.
    Kevin Durant idolizing Kobe:

Oklahoma City forward Kevin Durant told L.A. News Group last year he endlessly watched Bryant’s scoring outbursts with hopes he could somehow replicate them.
    Klay Thompson Idolizing Kobe:

Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson took similar notes, the former Santa Margarita standout often imitating Bryant’s footwork and post-ups.“To get on his level is going to take a lot of work. It’s basically impossible,” Thompson said. “But he’s never afraid to take the big shot, and that’s what I’ve always tried to do.”
    Brandon Jennings:

Both Thompson and Detroit Pistons guard Brandon Jennings attended Bryant’s summer camps years before turning pro. “For a guy to be able to do that and still get ready for practice was pretty amazing,” said Jennings, a Compton native. “That just made me want to work harder every day.”
    Stephen Curry:

I talk to Luke all the time just about his journey with Kobe and with the Lakers and championships and stuff."
    Zach LaVine wears the No. 8 because of Kobe:

"I feel like everyone has that one person," LaVine said. "I feel like that was it for me. That was just my idol growing up. It's crazy competing on the same floor, growing up my whole life watching this dude
    D-Wade: Kobe is the second greatest Alltime:

"Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant ... the second best all time ... now, I have a new favorite player to play against ... my former teammate, LeBron James." Not only did Wade show respect to Kobe in terms of always anticipating their matchups every single year, but he also called him the second best all time.
    Westbrook and James Harden:

Westbrook and Harden played together on the same junior high AAU basketball team during Kobe’s three-peat era in Los Angeles. They can recall their worship of Bryant as a basketball god amongst mortals. "We all wanted to be Kobe more than anything in the world and it seemed like everyone had dawned a poster of him on their bedroom walls next to their Dragonball Zposter."
    Incoming Rookies name their favorite player:

From Schuhmann of NBA.com:
    1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers — 21.2 percent

2: LeBron James, Miami — 15.2 percent

T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas — 12.1 percent

T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers — 9.1 percent

Others receiving votes: Carmelo Anthony, New York; Vince Carter, Dallas; Tim Duncan, San Antonio; James Harden, Houston; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Dwyane Wade, Miami
    Conclusion:

“That door is closed. Good luck waiting on another Kobe Bryant,” said ESPN analyst Jalen Rose. “The sport is his first, second and third priority.”

Bryant expressed indifference on whether he will pass the torch to anyone. But he still believes he has served a purpose in instilling values that he believes has influenced the NBA’s current generation that he described as “gym rats.”

Default Re: NBA Players Idolize Kobe They Don't Idolize Lebron

Thanks TMZ

Thanks TMZ

Banned

National High School Star

How is this at all like TMZ? This is more like deadspin or bleacherreport.

And yet nobody wants to play with Kobe
    dat respect doe

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

There's nothing really admirable or aesthetic about Lebron's game, it doesn't connect on emotional level with players or fans. That's the disconnect between his statistical greatness and failure of the eye test

who has the better life?

kobe's daughters hate his guts and have been bullied in school because their dad is a "rapist"

lebron has a great family life and will be a billionaire before his 35th birthday.INSANE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    And yet nobody wants to play with Kobe
    dat respect doe

i wouldn't wanna play on a team with god either

too much pressure

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

I'd like to know specifically what Kobe did to show indifference about passing the torch. I'm just curious like how he vocalized that indifference lol.

NBA sixth man of the year

If true.....

Which it is.......

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i wouldn't wanna play on a team with god either

too much pressure
    Spoken like a true kobestan

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

I think everyone who plays basketball has tired to at least practice Kobe's turn-around fade away. Practice that shit for countless hours and it still looks suspect. Not sure how the fvck he does it over 6'10 guys...