Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Rate KD's quit

Default Re: Rate KD's quit

Kobe vs. the Suns wasn't a quit. He scored 20 in the first half, but the team was down by 20 still, so Phil told them to go back to what they were doing the first few games, pounding it down to Odom and Kwame .

How quickly people forget these things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Name me just one player in NBA history who did not "quit" in the playoffs?

Bill Russell?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - come on now....

- save the sidewalk spin moves...

- Shaq left a great team.....the thing was he didn't have as much investment/ roots in Orlano...

- again...even the fans thought his contract was not worth it...did he quit and leave in a akward way?...yes.

- But not nearly in the same level as Lebron did....combined with changing his number the year before? ......and just playing uninspired ball.....

- aint no way a sane person could spin it as " oh well....he was just free agent"......"Lebron leaving Cleveland is the same as Boozer leaving Cleveland"

- Shaq would have never spit " bioligical didn't bother" if loyalty doesn't play roles in our views.
    Different situations obviously in that Shaq's decision obviously wasn't motivated by the quality of his team since his Magic team(and especially second best player) were better than the team he was joining in Orlando. Instead as you said, that poll likely had something to do with it, and I believe Brian Hill as well(who he took shots at after leaving) in addition to being in the spotlight in LA since he was doing those terrible movies and rap albums at the time.

A lot of people use Lebron being from Akron, but that's never mattered to me. Basketball is a business, and if you fulfill your contractual obligations, I see nothing wrong with leaving when your contract is up. The only obligation I player has to a team is during their contract.

This loyalty thing is mostly in the fan's minds. If a player sees a situation that's better, they'll leave 95% of the time. Just like the teams will part with the player if there's a better one available.

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Kobe vs. the Suns wasn't a quit. He scored 20 in the first half, but the team was down by 20 still, so Phil told them to go back to what they were doing the first few games, pounding it down to Odom and Kwame .

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

this. He even explained it on Inside the NBA against Chuck. But morons are still saying the opposite even 7 years later.

almost as bad as lebrons in the 2011 finals

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Different situations obviously in that Shaq's decision obviously wasn't motivated by the quality of his team since his Magic team(and especially second best player) were better than the team he was joining in Orlando. Instead as you said, that poll likely had something to do with it, and I believe Brian Hill as well(who he took shots at after leaving) in addition to being in the spotlight in LA since he was doing those terrible movies and rap albums at the time.

A lot of people use Lebron being from Akron, but that's never mattered to me. Basketball is a business, and if you fulfill your contractual obligations, I see nothing wrong with leaving when your contract is up. The only obligation I player has to a team is during their contract.

This loyalty thing is mostly in the fan's minds. If a player sees a situation that's better, they'll leave 95% of the time. Just like the teams will part with the player if there's a better one available.
    Exactly. Besides LeBron isn't from Cleveland. It's not his "home town". It's just a city in the same state. It's like growing up in San Diego and calling Los Angeles your home town. It doesn't make any kind of sense.