Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 02:07 AM   #16
PhutureDynasty
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
PhutureDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philly
Posts: 274
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Strong
That is a bit out of context. His point was that he cares more about decision making of his players rather than whether their shots go in or out. It is the same mentality as letting 3 point shooters continue shooting even when they are cold. Coaches worry more about bad decisions than good decisions that happen to not work out.
I agree to an extent that coaches can't do much about in-game shots. However, players should be making free throws and that's something you can be frustrated about. Rivers doesn't want to rile up Jordan or mess with his psyche though so I get it. Just thought it was an asinine comment given the question.
PhutureDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:09 AM   #17
J Shuttlesworth
HUGE GSW fan here but.
 
J Shuttlesworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 13,583
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
If he was making them, they wouldn't have fouled him.
I don't think that's true, unless he goes like 9/12 or something.

He was 6/17 tonight. If he had gone even 7/17, Clippers probably would win that game.

Pop sticks to his guns. If Deandre is making more than usual, I think Pop would still do the strategy assuming he's due to go cold. He didn't change his strategy if LeBron's jumper was on, I doubt he'd overreact to a few extra made FTs by Deandre
J Shuttlesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:17 AM   #18
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,852
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
I don't think that's true, unless he goes like 9/12 or something.

He was 6/17 tonight. If he had gone even 7/17, Clippers probably would win that game.

Pop sticks to his guns. If Deandre is making more than usual, I think Pop would still do the strategy assuming he's due to go cold. He didn't change his strategy if LeBron's jumper was on, I doubt he'd overreact to a few extra made FTs by Deandre
I don't think he would've used that strategy if Jordan made even 50% of his FT's in the 4th. That would've given the Clippers a lead. He would've stopped whenever they were getting close.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:22 AM   #19
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,784
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

its more like hes doesnt care cause they intentionally fouled him so its free points anyway and helps put the team in foul trouble
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:25 AM   #20
PhutureDynasty
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
PhutureDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philly
Posts: 274
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
its more like hes doesnt care cause they intentionally fouled him so its free points anyway and helps put the team in foul trouble
Valid point. I was just taken back by the comment at first.
PhutureDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:13 AM   #21
tomtucker
NBA All-star
 
tomtucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,606
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

if they donīt start to pull jordan , they will lose the series
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 AM   #22
Wiltside
Decent playground baller
 
Wiltside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 371
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhutureDynasty
I agree to an extent that coaches can't do much about in-game shots. However, players should be making free throws and that's something you can be frustrated about. Rivers doesn't want to rile up Jordan or mess with his psyche though so I get it. Just thought it was an asinine comment given the question.

This is key. What is Doc supposed to do, yell at him for missing free throws? DeAndre Jordan probably practices these all the time as it is.
Wiltside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:32 AM   #23
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,852
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltside
This is key. What is Doc supposed to do, yell at him for missing free throws? DeAndre Jordan probably practices these all the time as it is.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:43 AM   #24
D-FENS
Tell me what I Ced
 
D-FENS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ezboard
Posts: 2,428
Default Re: Doc Rivers on Jordan's FT shooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Post the Clippers record since 2013 when DJ attempts 13+ bebe

Impressive:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts
D-FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy