Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Blake Griffin's actions last night was inexcusable

You can make this thread if he does it to Shaq, Kobe or Nash.

But Mario fkin' Chalmers? Lol they're in the same league as far as seniority goes and can go at it.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

If you can back it up it's all fair game. Why is Chalmers the one involved anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    You haven't played sports then. You would take being pushed around by a frosh the same way as a senior?

I doubt it.
    A 6'10 250 lb beast of a frosh...maybe.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    NBA needs more emotions in the game. That is passion idk if u notice but good players usually go into god mode when they are pissed.

Passion? yes. Playing it off but getting more physical? Go for it. Acting hard and going after a player as a rookie? Tacky.

I don't get it. You ISH posters are flip floppers. Even though he's not a rookie, that Nate Robinson scene where he chases Melo around he's seen as a chump. Replace that same scene with Blake and it's passion and emotion. Hell I bet if you replaced Blake with Melo in that scene it turns from running scared to intellegently defending himself.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    You can make this thread if he does it to Shaq, Kobe or Nash.

But Mario fkin' Chalmers? Lol they're in the same league as far as seniority goes and can go at it.
    Here is the thing even now if Shaq were to pick a fight and Blake tried to dunk on him , he would lay him out. Kobe would be so far ahead in the game so he wouldn't care. And Nash has fully accepted hes going to be on a sub 50% team. Would never happen. Mario Chalmers= LOL.

Local High School Star

OP is an idiot.

NBA Superstar

You haven't played sports then. You would take being pushed around by a frosh the same way as a senior?

I doubt it.
    Yes. That is precisely my point. As a sophomore on varsity I would treat the opponent the same way regardless of age or grade. If I felt I had to be a jerk, I'd be a jerk. Conversely, as a senior, if a player was being a jerk to me, it didn't make a difference whether they were in my grade or a freshman or sophomore. With all due respect, as you're certainly not alone in this feeling, I never understood why upperclassmen felt they were somehow on a different level than others because they happened to be born a few years earlier. I do not believe in bowing down to others based on age.

Saw a basketball once

the only thing i see wrong with that is griffin i way bigger than chalmers. if it was someones griffins size than i would see nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    OP is an idiot.
    For having an opinion on somebody's behavior? Oh I forgot, it's Blake Griffin so I can't talk negative about him.

Sorry, but there is no validation to your post. You on the other hand call out somebody with an opinion which is against the norm an idiot makes you the idiot. Think about it.

Posters like this yahoo is the reason why good posters disappear

Learning to shoot layups Wat_Wat__'s Avatar

what's wrong with having a little intensity in a game?! i like players who play with a little chip, only problem i have is he went at the smallest guy on MIA... btw, chalmers wet his pants after the griff two hander!

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yes. That is precisely my point. As a sophomore on varsity I would treat the opponent the same way regardless of age or grade. If I felt I had to be a jerk, I'd be a jerk. Conversely, as a senior, if a player was being a jerk to me, it didn't make a difference whether they were in my grade or a freshman or sophomore. With all due respect, as you're certainly not alone in this feeling, I never understood why upperclassmen felt they were somehow on a different level than others because they happened to be born a few years earlier. I do not believe in bowing down to others based on age.

I believe in sticking up for yourself, I don' think Blake should get a free pass in this situation when if it were nay other rookie, it's inexcusable.

But even going back to regular sports, I do believe in sticking up for yourself, but for a rookie, or evena freshman, there is still a level on respect and class you should show on the court, this holds higher once you reach a more professional level. Play harder sure, but when you're a newb, regress.

This in no slight to his game, which I know some of you idiots will take this thread for, but never should a rook come hard like that on the court. Any other rookie would have gotten murked for acting the same way.

I know alot of you are so far up Griffin's a-hole that you'll stick up for him, but what if that was Empke Udoh or Evan Turner? You'd probably think he was a douche for pulling the same thing. Rooks should have more class. Have a few more miles in the league before you try and pick fights on the court.

Cmon man its Charlmers. Blake should gave taken a sh!t on his head while he was dunking on him. And I am not even a Blake fan.

WTF? Griffin stood up like a man, who cares if hes a rookie, besides, hes got his game to back it up, unlike others.

NBA Superstar

I believe in sticking up for yourself, I don' think Blake should get a free pass in this situation when if it were nay other rookie, it's inexcusable.

But even going back to regular sports, I do believe in sticking up for yourself, but for a rookie, or evena freshman, there is still a level on respect and class you should show on the court, this holds higher once you reach a more professional level. Play harder sure, but when you're a newb, regress.
    Fair enough. I definitely agree with showing respect on the court, but I feel that is true regardless of age and experience. I suppose that is where we differ.

This is getting a little frustrating, but here's the point:

Who gives a fucc if it's Chalmers and Blake or Shaq and Turner, or Udoh and Duncan? This is about a rookie's behavior. most of you are automatically jumping to the aid of Griffin.

If this was Udoh last night going after Wade i'm sure the tune would have totally changed and the posts in the thread would have been entirely different. Udoh would have been chastized for this.
    Last edited by DaHeezy; 01-13-2011 at 12:11 PM.