Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Most effective signature move of this generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32

Lebron's reverse cheerleader.

Pure artistry.
    he managed to flop that? Truly an ATG flopper!

Obviously kobe's fadeaway is GOAT.

But also his signature Kobeast block

The Weak-east stat stuffer.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    James Harden with the powerflop
    This for the regular season. It doesn't work in the playoffs as much tho.

And for the list, I would have to say LBJ drive to the rim since he's soo good at it. That and the Dirk fade away. Ppl are stealing his kick fadeaway move and it's very effective.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Stop putting Duncan on the Shaq level of offense.

Duncan's post game has no place in a discussion on the signature move of this generation.

And you know I love Duncan and his game...perhaps more than anyone on this forum.

But just no...his offense / post game is just nowhere near as good as you think it was based on some of the posts I've seen you make recently.
    Duncan has had huuuge series against Shaq's Lakers, went H2H against prime Shaq and has both lost and beaten him / his Lakers.

You're getting caught up in the "signature move" aspect of this thread, which is fine, but you're also starting to bleed into the "his offense is just nowhere near as good..." stance, which I don't agree with at all based on TD's history.

I've heard you say that Duncan was a "beast" before, and he was, on offense and defense. Prime Duncan was dominant offensively and it took whole defenses to stop him. Have the reason Kerr traded Amare for Shaq was to stand up to Duncan and the Spurs.

some select/better series in TD's prime:

99 playoffs vs. Lakers:

29 ppg / .80 FT% / .51 FG%

02 playoffs vs. Lakers:

29 ppg / .77 FT% / .43 FG%

03 playoffs vs. Lakers:

28 ppg / .70 FT% / .53 FG%

05 playoffs vs. Suns (w/ high scoring Amare):

27 ppg / .75 FT% / .53 FG%

06 playoffs vs. Mavs:

32 ppg / .73 FT% / .56 FG%

Look, I'm not saying he's the best offensive big man ever, but from this era? He's absolutely up there with Shaq, KG, and Dirk. I wonder if you're so devout in disagreeing with me in particular (it rings throughout your responses) that you're actually underrating Duncan's offense - an offense which was stellar and helped make him a superstar and back-to-back MVP.

Prime Duncan would be far and away the MVP of the league today - and yes his elite offense would be a huge factor.
    Last edited by SCdac; 05-11-2015 at 11:13 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Duncan has had huuuge series against Shaq's Lakers, went H2H against prime Shaq and has both lost and beaten him / his Lakers.

You're getting caught up in the "signature move" aspect of this thread, which is fine, but you're also starting to bleed into the "his offense is just nowhere near as good..." stance, which I don't agree with at all based on TD's history.

I've heard you say that Duncan was a "beast" before, and he was, on offense and defense. Prime Duncan was dominant offensively and it took whole defenses to stop him. Have the reason Kerr traded Amare for Shaq was to stand up to Duncan and the Spurs.

some select/better series in TD's prime:

99 playoffs vs. Lakers:

29 ppg / .80 FT% / .51 FG%

02 playoffs vs. Lakers:

29 ppg / .77 FT% / .43 FG%

03 playoffs vs. Lakers:

28 ppg / .70 FT% / .53 FG%

05 playoffs vs. Suns (w/ high scoring Amare):

27 ppg / .75 FT% / .53 FG%

Look, I'm not saying he's the best offensive big man ever, but from this era? He's absolutely up there with Shaq, KG, and Dirk. I wonder if you're so devout in disagreeing with me in particular (it rings throughout your responses) that you're actually underrating Duncan's offense - an offense which was stellar and helped make him a superstar and back-to-back MVP.

Prime Duncan would be far and away the MVP of the league today - and yes his elite offense would be a huge factor.

A few things:

1. By no means am I saying Duncan wasn't a beast on offense. I have made that absolutely clear and it's a total straw man to act like I'm not giving Duncan credit for his offense. He's just not as good as you say. Not even really an opinion. You'll find virtually no objective data offensively that would lead one to believe Duncan was better than Dirk or Shaq offensively.

2. He's just not as good of an offensive force as Shaq/Dirk...he's better than KG in my opinion because of his superior post game....at least in the playoffs. KG's offense at times in the regular season reached levels I don't think Duncan's ever really did, but not sure it was repeatable in the playoffs the way the games are played. I think that is our difference...you view Shaq/KG/Dirk/Duncan all on the same tier on offense. I don't.

3. It has nothing to do with you. You just happen to say something I disagree with. You just aren't going to find really much evidence that supports Duncan being a better offensive force than Dirk or Shaq. Go ahead and look. You'll see inferior rapm numbers on offense, inferior scoring efficiency, I know inferior offensive ratings compared to Dirk...at some point your opinions need to conform to the evidence.

Again, not saying Duncan wasn't a really good offensive player. He just wasn't Dirk or Shaq on offense. He was a better player than both of them in my opinion, but not better on offense.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-11-2015 at 11:20 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

lol @ mentioning duncan on offense.. a pure in the flow opportunistic scorer whose never taken over a game with dominant scoring in his life.

Dirk's midrange fade is probably most unstoppable because of the accuracy, height, positioning etc. just one unstoppable move he works around besides screening and spotting up.

Kobe's fadeaway was just as unstoppable but more prone to cold streak or overdoing it.

And maybe.. AI's crossover?

Shaq, bron, wade, etc didnt really have one move they dominated with.. they just beasted athletically.

at alternative universe.

Banned

LeBron's sick hesitation dribble.Very underrated.The King just backs up hits you with a hesi and vroooooooooooooooom he's right by you.

#allin #10moregames #lebronfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    the lebron phone call

Local High School Star

The Lebron hater salt train up in here.

The best move was clearly the crab dribble.

Saw a basketball once

hate the spurs, but Timmys 15 foot bank is most certain a signature move.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Stop putting Duncan on the Shaq level of offense.

Duncan's post game has no place in a discussion on the signature move of this generation.

And you know I love Duncan and his game...perhaps more than anyone on this forum.

But just no...his offense / post game is just nowhere near as good as you think it was based on some of the posts I've seen you make recently.

Shaq drop step dunk
    Kobe wing post fade
    Lebron one handed flying dunks
    Dirk one legged fades

The Duncan bank and Wade euro deserve honorable mention.

Are the signature moves of this era. As for the most effective one? Clearly Shaq...not only from an unstoppable angle, but from a...it changes everything a team is trying to do on defense angle.
    Manus Euro>>> Wades

Floaters.

That is all.

5-time NBA All-Star

Durant's shot is overlooked here.

Dirks shot.

AI's crossover was the most influential move.

Kyrie's spin move

Tony Parker's floater was the most influential shot.