Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    hey, but 12 ppg david robinson GAVE duncan his championships
    David Robinson was one of the best bigmen to ever play the game. If you don't think that helped Duncan tremendously you are beyond dim. Look at Duncan's assist per game drop since DRob left. Everyone used to think he was a great passer.. now he's nothing special..

Look at Zo and Shaq's weak stats in the Finals.. yet without them Wade wouldn't have won jack. And Shaq was still the true MVP of the Finals.. if you can't see that now by the Heat's horrible play without Shaq nothing will help you.

Banned

as soon as duncan won a ring without robinson this theory became useless, and that was 3 years ago !

Not in the NBA. Look at how Kobe is still officiated even without Shaq. He is still compeltely overrated. Look at the call Duncna got iat the end of the recent Mavs Spurs game. The refs handed him 3 freethrows.. then look at the Fianls last season when Dirk couldn't get a call with guys just hammering him.. Devin Harris didn't even breath on Duncan.

The fact is.. once you become a superstar in the NBA you get those superstar calls forever.. and Robinson made Duncan a superstar. Just like Shaq made Wade and Kobe superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    David Robinson was one of the best bigmen to ever play the game. If you don't think that helped Duncan tremendously you are beyond dim. Look at Duncan's assist per game drop since DRob left. Everyone used to think he was a great passer.. now he's nothing special..

Look at Zo and Shaq's weak stats in the Finals.. yet without them Wade wouldn't have won jack. And Shaq was still the true MVP of the Finals.. if you can't see that now by the Heat's horrible play without Shaq nothing will help you.
    and you wonder why i dislike being called a dirk groupie. Dirk is my favorite player. I have no qualms about saying that but its people like this that I would consider "groupies" He is REALLY reaching and the whole purpose of it is just to make dirk look good when all you need to do for that is to point to dirks play.

Is dirk as good as duncan for his career? No. Does it matter? No because duncan isnt what he once was either.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

duncan is still a great passer, and robinson has NOTHING on him, robinson made duncan ? my ass ! robinson was an overrated softie and olajuwon's biatch, you are beyond stupid if you think robinson was anything more than a top notch coat-tail rider.

sorry, but if you average 13 points in a series, you arent mvp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    and you wonder why i dislike being called a dirk groupie. Dirk is my favorite player. I have no qualms about saying that but its people like this that I would consider "groupies" He is REALLY reaching and the whole purpose of it is just to make dirk look good when all you need to do for that is to point to dirks play.

Is dirk as good as duncan for his career? No. Does it matter? No because duncan isnt what he once was either.
    Another Tmac alias.. just using that retarded "dirk groupie" name proves youa re Tmacs. No one else is stupid enough to even try to call someone a Dirk groupie.

The fact is.. once you become a superstar in the NBA you get those superstar calls forever.. and Robinson made Duncan a superstar. Just like Shaq made Wade and Kobe superstars.
    duncan made robinson, not the other way around, robinson or no robinson duncan was eventually gonna win a ring, without duncan robinson would only be remembered by the way hakeem obliterated him.

duncan is still a great passer, and robinson has NOTHING on him, robinson made duncan ? my ass ! robinson was an overrated softie and olajuwon's biatch, you are beyond stupid if you think robinson was anything more than a top notch coat-tail rider.

Robinson wasnt what Fab is making him out to be when he played with duncan but he was a stud in his prime.

yeah, in his PRIME, when he won the championships he was just a sidekick.

yeah, in his PRIME, when he won the championships he was just a sidekick.
    Oh very true.

Fab as for me being a tmac alias, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is one of the funniest things I have heard in a while good job...

Banned

You have just proven you are an idiot. Duncan was a great scorer.. but that is the only thing he did as wella s Robinson when he came in the league.

Says who? Shaq was the only one being constantly doubled and tripled which allwoed Wade o get all the points he got. Duncan doesn't lead every game in points either, and he is surrounded by scrubs.. does that mean he isn't MVP?

Anyone that thinks Wade is better than Ducnan has rocks for brains. The only reason Wade beat Dirk was because of Shaq. Becuase both Dirk and Duncan are better than Wade.

That shouldn't even need to be pointed out.

Says who? Shaq was the only one being constantly doubled and tripled which allwoed Wade o get all the points he got. Duncan doesn't lead every game in points either, and he is surrounded by scrubs.. does that mean he isn't MVP?

did duncan ever average 13 ppg or played as poorly in the finals as shaq did vs dallas ? i dont think so.

just give it up fab, you are overhyping robinson in a sad attempt to diminish duncan's importance in those championship teams so you can use the typical excuse (if dirk played with robinson he would have rings, bla, bla, bla) and thats beyond pathetic, leave that to the delusional garnett fans.
    Last edited by lakers-city; 11-27-2006 at 06:45 PM.

You have just proven you are an idiot. Duncan was a great scorer.. but that is the only thing he did as wella s Robinson when he came in the league.

Anyone that thinks Wade is better than Ducnan has rocks for brains. The only reason Wade beat Dirk was because of Shaq. Becuase both Dirk and Duncan are better than Wade.

That shouldn't even need to be pointed out.
    when did we switch to whether or not duncan is better than wade?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Fab im hawker not another TMOGE alias. I like you cus the stuff u say is funny as crap but i know ur going to strike again when u say ridiculous stuff like that. But i dont care its ur opinion

Banned

Yes.. it sure is ridiculous to think Duncan would be overrated even though having 2 bigmen on the same team as good as Ducnan and Drob is unheard of. And the only reason it happened was because Robinson was out for a season with an injury.. that alone proves how good Robinson was. When he was injured his team went from one of the best teams in the league to a lottery team. And you are trying to tell me he had no impact? Then you say I say ridiculous things? Tmacs.. you've outdone yourself today.
    Last edited by FabCasablancas; 11-27-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Local High School Star *LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar

I'd go with Dirk anyday over T-Mac who's not even the best player on his team... Yao is, Dirk is the type of player that GM's around the League would rather have to build their franchise with, besides he has better all around numbers than T-Mac. H-town should realize by now that Yao's the Batman on this team where as T-Mac who's more of a Robin depending on Yao to help him get that ring.