Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Clutch Stats: Kobe vs. Lebron (2006-2012)

(shots to tie or take lead in final minute of 4Q or OT)

[COLOR="White"]......[/COLOR]Name[COLOR="White"]..........[/COLOR]Made[COLOR="White"]......[/COLOR]Attempts[COLOR="White"]... [/COLOR]Percentage

1. Dirk Nowitzki..... 43.............94............. 45.7
    2. Rudy Gay...........42.............97............. 43.3
    [COLOR="Red"]3. LeBron James..... 61............143............ 42.7
    4. Kobe Bryant........80............193............ 41.5[/COLOR]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...clutch-ability

Both players have elite clutch shooting percentages (top 5 itl) - so it's definitely better for them to take the shot than any teammate they could have..

But Kobe takes the shot far more often, while Lebron defers to teammates with lower clutch percentages.. Statistically, Kobe's higher volume approach more value to his team specifically IN THE CLUTCH.

In just the last minute of the 4th and the rare overtime, Kobe took a whopping 50 more clutch shots over a 6 year period from 2006-2012, at basically the same percentage as Lebron.

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: Clutch Stats: Kobe vs. Lebron (2006-2012)

Why only 2006-2012 mfer?

Banned

"defers"

not "finding the open man"

College superstar

I'll take the player that has proven he can shit on the other player more often than not based on their 1v1 matchups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JABKg2azkp0

OP is OBSESSED with Lebron. I'm not just saying this to get under his skin, it is actually true. He will take any opportunity he sees, hell he will MAKE an opportunity to discredit Lebron at any time. It's really quite pathetic, just like his empty life.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    I'll take the player that has proven he can shit on the other player more often than not based on their 1v1 matchups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JABKg2azkp0

Same guy who dominated Kobe in their head to head match up.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    OP is OBSESSED with Lebron. I'm not just saying this to get under his skin, it is actually true. He will take any opportunity he sees, hell he will MAKE an opportunity to discredit Lebron at any time. It's really quite pathetic, just like his empty life.
    If LeBron didn't have so many holes in his game and couldn't be so easily exposed, it wouldn't be so easy for people to exploit him.

When I watched the superstar of my childhood, Jordan, all I saw was a guy shitting on anyone and anything that tried to stop him. Anyone that tried to say anything about him just got made fun of, was told "ya, ya, ya.... 6/6 so please STFU", and the like.

If the media and fans would have just treated LeBron like a normal basketball player he would have been fine, but everyone has to try and blow him up like he's Jordan and therefore he got exposed for what he is. Dude is a 2/5'r but has done some pretty impressive things in his career but has also straight up failed in certain situations. It's his fans and media that just need to stop. Stop trying to prop the guy up like he's Duncan or someone.

If LeBron didn't have so many holes in his game and couldn't be so easily exposed, it wouldn't be so easy for people to exploit him.

When I watched the superstar of my childhood, Jordan, all I saw was a guy shitting on anyone and anything that tried to stop him. Anyone that tried to say anything about him just got made fun of, was told "ya, ya, ya.... 6/6 so please STFU", and the like.

If the media and fans would have just treated LeBron like a normal basketball player he would have been fine, but everyone has to try and blow him up like he's Jordan and therefore he got exposed for what he is. Dude is a 2/5'r but has done some pretty impressive things in his career but has also straight up failed in certain situations. It's his fans and media that just need to stop. Stop trying to prop the guy up like he's Duncan or someone.
    Name the holes in his game for me please.

He's an all time great player, and easily top 10, at worst top 15. All great players fail at some situations. If you're going to compare anyone's career to Michael Jordan's career, then you 1. Can never enjoy that basketball player because they will always fail and 2. You are watching basketball the wrong way.

Lebron has missed game winners, so what? Basketball is a game of makes and misses. Kobe doesn't make every clutch shot, neither did Michael, neither did Lebron. You just choose to shine light on Lebron's misses more than anyone elses because you refuse to enjoy a great basketball player.
    Last edited by lilteapot; 05-12-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Fact is, you immature basketball "fans" always try to bring down anyone who experiences success.

Lebron proves himself time and time again, and you try to bring him down.

Curry wins MVP and right away people say he doesn't deserve it and he's soft, he's a "bad 1v1 player", any chance to try and discredit him because you people have a hive mind and you want to try and fit in by trying to discredit anyone who is successful.

Grow up.

This. All this.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Name the holes in his game for me please.

He's an all time great player, and easily top 10, at worst top 15. All great players fail at some situations. If you're going to compare anyone's career to Michael Jordan's career, then you 1. Can never enjoy that basketball player because they will always fail and 2. You are watching basketball the wrong way.

Lebron has missed game winners, so what? Basketball is a game of makes and misses. Kobe doesn't make every clutch shot, neither did Michael, neither did Lebron. You just choose to shine light on Lebron's misses more than anyone elses because you refuse to enjoy a great basketball player.

1. No post game
    2. Suspect midrange jumper
    3. Turnover prone
    4. No go to move
    5. Relies too much on physical skill, which will bite him in the ass when it's gone
    6. No leadership
    7. Beta mentality

Good enough for you, champ?

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    1. No post game
    2. Suspect midrange jumper
    3. Turnover prone
    4. No go to move
    5. Relies too much on physical skill, which will bite him in the ass when it's gone
    6. No leadership
    7. Beta mentality

Good enough for you, champ?
    1. Lebron lead the league in scoring percentage on post ups. If you watch basketball Lebron actually doesn't go to the post enough considering how effective he is down there.
    2. Lebron's midrange field goal percentage is higher than Kobe's
    3. This is true, but so is every great point guard not named Chris Paul. Magic Johnson, anyone?
    4. Why do you think this is a "hole" in his game? Lebron can score in a myriad of ways.
    5. Every basketball player relies on "physical skill". Kobe and Michael were great post players, and you need physical skill to be one. They still had quickness and speed, they still had their same defensive instincts at the tail end of their careers. And Lebron isn't going to get significantly weaker, Karl Malone was still just as strong when he retired.
    6. Lol at this. He lead his team to 5 finals appearances, he's lead his team deep into the playoffs ever since 2007, he's lead a team full of playoff inexperienced stars to the playoffs. Of course since some little kid on insidehoops thinks he doesn't have any leadership, I guess he doesn't?
    7. He just hit a game winner and has hit more buzzer beating playoff game winners than anyone in the past 15 years. I guess that's a beta mentality. I even hate using that term since you 12 year old kids love using it.

Again, grow up. I just dismantled all of your points about his supposed "holes".

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    (shots to tie or take lead in final minute of 4Q or OT)

[COLOR="White"]......[/COLOR]Name[COLOR="White"]..........[/COLOR]Made[COLOR="White"]......[/COLOR]Attempts[COLOR="White"]... [/COLOR]Percentage

1. Dirk Nowitzki..... 43.............94............. 45.7
    2. Rudy Gay...........42.............97............. 43.3
    [COLOR="Red"]3. LeBron James..... 61............143............ 42.7
    4. Kobe Bryant........80............193............ 41.5[/COLOR]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...clutch-ability

Both players have elite clutch shooting percentages (top 5 itl) - so it's definitely better for them to take the shot than any teammate they could have..

But Kobe takes the shot far more often, while Lebron defers to teammates with lower clutch percentages.. Statistically, Kobe's higher volume approach more value to his team specifically IN THE CLUTCH.

In just the last minute of the 4th and the rare overtime, Kobe took a whopping 50 more clutch shots over a 6 year period from 2006-2012, at basically the same percentage as Lebron.
    A) No, it's not definitely better for one of them to shoot at 40% if Zydranus Illguaskas or Lamar Odom was open under the hoop for an easy lay-up with a 90% chance of going in.

Look at the assist numbers for the same situation (less than 1 minute, possessions to tie or take the lead) and I guarantee Lebron shits on Kobe.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 05-12-2015 at 10:49 AM.