Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Who Would You Start Ur Franchise With, Prime Wade, Or Prime Kobe?

Kobe. Mostly due to longevity. At his peak Wade was just as good, and didn't have the ego issues that Kobe has, but his peak only lasted a few seasons. Kobe played at an elite level for more than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I'll take Kobe. Not hating on Wade or anything, I think he's a fantastic player but Kobe is better, imo.

You said you would take Wade because he's more efficient. Kobe past his prime was still averaging over 25+ ppg 5 rpg 5 apg. Wade is past his prime and obviously we see a decline. His playing style is the reason why I think he's not healthy most of the time. Before his injury, Kobe was doing his thing every year for more than a decade. He looked like he was still in his prime when he got into his 30s.

Shooting - Kobe
    Scoring - Kobe
    Defense - Wade
    Driving - Wade
    Ball Handling - Wade
    Efficiency - Kobe
    Athleticism - Wade

Overall - Kobe

Wade every time. Prime Wade is easily better than Prime Kobe.

I'll take Kobe. Not hating on Wade or anything, I think he's a fantastic player but Kobe is better, imo.

You said you would take Wade because he's more efficient. Kobe past his prime was still averaging over 25+ ppg 5 rpg 5 apg. Wade is past his prime and obviously we see a decline. His playing style is the reason why I think he's not healthy most of the time. Before his injury, Kobe was doing his thing every year for more than a decade. He looked like he was still in his prime when he got into his 30s.

Shooting - Kobe
    Scoring - Kobe
    Defense - Wade
    Driving - Wade
    Ball Handling - Wade
    Effinciency - Kobe
    Athleticism - Wade

Overall - Kobe

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Shooting - Kobe
    Scoring - Kobe
    Defense - Wade
    Driving - Wade
    Ball Handling - Wade
    Efficiency - Kobe
    Athleticism - Wade

Overall - Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by aboss4real24

Damn I actually put Kobe in front of Wade for efficiency? Wow I didn't realize that. Wade is clearly more efficient.

I'd still take Kobe over Wade tough

Kobe. To me, they both were decent defenders and rebounders. The reason why I pick Kobe; the ability to attack any where, any way, any how and by any means necessary. I still think about Kobe's Christmas game against the Heat, where he took 30 shots. In that game, D-Wade took 26 shots. That was insane!!

Wade

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I don't understand the question.

Is it both of them in their peak/primes for the entire time you have a team?

Or is it just taking Wade or Kobe for their careers?

If it's peak/prime...I want Wade.

If it's their careers...I for sure want Kobe. Wade's play has dropped off too much already the last 2 years.

I was always a Wade supporter and thought his injuries were a bit overblown, but these last 2 years he's been unable to consistently perform or stay healthy at a level, especially in the playoffs, that works as championship first option.

Put it this way;

Kobe was 30 in 09 and 31 in 10 when he won back to back titles as the clear cut best player on his team.

There was no way that Wade in 12 (when he was 30) or in 13 (when he was 31) was capable of that.

Well, I take that back...Wade might have been able to win in place of Kobe in 09 at the same age, but Kobe was clearly a better player in 09 vs 12 Wade.

So longevity really is hurting Wade at this point.

If we're ignoring injuries, Wade. Otherwise it's obviously Kobe.

NBA rookie of the year

Wade pretty easily. Going to do whatever is best for the TEAM. No ego involved. Whether it's taking a secondary role, or taking less money. Wade's also not going to alienate fellow teammates, or dry snitch on them if he were to get caught up in a sexual assault case.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe pretty easily. Better peak and a better and far, far longer prime.

Wade doesn't really have a case.

Also, Wade is not more efficient. Their TS%/ORTG numbers over their primes are pretty much equal and that's with Kobe having the higher volume. Why do Wade stans keep perpetuating this lie?

hard choice but i would pick kobe

Banned

prime kobe = 81 points, 62 in three quarters, five 60 point games, 55 in a half, 4 straight 50+ games, 2 of them being over 60, over 20 games with 40+ points in one season, mvp, top 6-7 all time player

wade never even made a 1st team all defense

lol wtf is OP smoking