Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Why did Michael Jordan draft Kwame Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah but Kwame left MJs grasp and he still hasnt done crap. He in fact got a bit worst. So I dont see how his situation relates because he left the yelling, berating PJ Carliesmo chef and went to one that he felt comfortable with and is on his way to owning a resturant. Moral to his story? He progressed and Kwame hasnt. Unless every NBA coach = the angry chef and Kwame is forever doomed.
    All I know is that we now have Kwame and he isn't going to accomplish anything with the Grizzlies either, not mention he has to split time with Darko and Collins, who are also going to accomplish nothing. Hell, I'd rather have 3 rocks playing as my C instead of these retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    Yeh, if he gets a coach who coaches him the right way, I think he can be a pretty good player, they just have to find out what the right way to coach him is. He's a smart dude with alot of tools, someone just has to get him to work hard and use them.
    He's a grown ass man tho. Been in the league for what 7yrs now? And he has to find the "right coach" to baby errr coach him? Like come on. Life has NEVER worked that way. Thats like you working for a crap supervisor who is **** and always up your ass. You leave and end up in a similar situation. What are you gonna roam the world until you find the right job with the right boss where you can say "Ahhhhhhh *puts hands behind head* victory!".

Sometimes you gotta adapt to whats in front of you. How is Phil not the right coach for Kwame? How is it Bynum can improve and Kwame cant? If this was Kwame in his 1rst-2nd years? I'd understand this argument. But not anymore, not now.

Like Kwame is some special needs kid who needs the right teacher and setting to be productive.

Banned

He's a grown ass man tho. Been in the league for what 7yrs now? And he has to find the "right coach" to baby errr coach him? Like come on. Life has NEVER worked that way. Thats like you working for a crap supervisor who is **** and always up your ass. You leave and end up in a similar situation. What are you gonna roam the world until you find the right job with the right boss where you can say "Ahhhhhhh *puts hands behind head* victory!".

Sometimes you gotta adapt to whats in front of you. How is Phil not the right coach for Kwame? How is it Bynum can improve and Kwame cant? If this was Kwame in his 1rst-2nd years? I'd understand this argument. But not anymore, not now.

Like Kwame is some special needs kid who needs the right teacher and setting to be productive.
    You're right he's a grownass man but with the mindset of a kid. He's still only 25, he might mature before his careers done, and if he gets his head set he might be able to be a 10/10 guy. Kwame must have daddy issues or something, get him a year of therapy and he might turn out ok.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Whats your point in relation to Kwame Brown tho???
    That, after reading the OP, I understand that he got the sh!t end of the stick from the moment he was drafted. Sure, there have been others guys as young as him drafted before and since, but I sounds to me that he was handled improperly at the very start of his career, and it could very well have taken away his love for the game, which is the biggest motivator of all. Once that's gone it's extremely difficult to get it back.

Banned

Ego.

that might not be untrue at all. kwame seems like a just plain dumb guy.

This pretty much sums up Kwame's career:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

I still remember when Kwame punked Garnett for 24 some points in the summer league like 3 years ago. He has the skill, he's just mentally weak.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerftc
    Once that's gone it's extremely difficult to get it back.
    Nonsense. I am going to take out the trash now...I'll grab this to go.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Nonsense. I am going to take out the trash now...I'll grab this to go.

Man what crawled up your a$$ and died this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by blazerftc

Man what crawled up your a$$ and died this morning?
    Kwame Brown defenders thats what! Now I'm constipated.

Banned

I dont think there is a person here who would have had the foresight not to draft Kwame top 3 in that draft. HE could have been an all star but he is not fragile mentally. If any1 here saw him in High School All star games, in Wizards summer lg , the skill set was quite different. He was handling the ball at the top of the key, pulling up for step back jumpers, finishing at the rim, he looked incredibly quick and he actually looked to be able to improved into someday an all star. I always liked Tyson Chandler better but thats just my opinion, but he didnt turn into the type of player I pictured either

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Kareem was interviewed after the trade and said Kwame didnt want to learn, and didnt want to listen. He's been trying to work with him for years but Kwame never accepted the help. This "right coach" crap is bull****. He doesn't want to get better. This guy has had the coaching of:

Phil Jackson
    Kareen abdul jabbar
    Michael Jordan
    Kobe Bryant
    Tex Winter
    Doug Collins

And still sucks. I'd like to know who this "right coach" is, cause if its not one of the best post bigmen in NBA history, its not anyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Kareem was interviewed after the trade and said Kwame didnt want to learn, and didnt want to listen. He's been trying to work with him for years but Kwame never accepted the help. This "right coach" crap is bull****. He doesn't want to get better. This guy has had the coaching of:

Phil Jackson
    Kareen abdul jabbar
    Michael Jordan
    Kobe Bryant
    Tex Winter
    Doug Collins

And still sucks. I'd like to know who this "right coach" is, cause if its not one of the best post bigmen in NBA history, its not anyone.
    The right coach is the one who can motivate him to start working

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I dont think there is a person here who would have had the foresight not to draft Kwame top 3 in that draft. HE could have been an all star but he is not fragile mentally. If any1 here saw him in High School All star games, in Wizards summer lg , the skill set was quite different. He was handling the ball at the top of the key, pulling up for step back jumpers, finishing at the rim, he looked incredibly quick and he actually looked to be able to improved into someday an all star. I always liked Tyson Chandler better but thats just my opinion, but he didnt turn into the type of player I pictured either
    I was really high on Eddie Griffin and well we saw how that turned out.