Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: Laker News: Pau Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Its nice that you two folks are getting along.
    but My point remains. Pau CAN PLAY with another center.
    Pure truth that Pau can't make 15 footers in his career?
    What, he played like Shaq, attempted 95 % of his shots within 6 feet?
    Yes, he has a pretty good left and right hooks but checking on his shot chart under Phil a few years back. He ave around 50% shooting from top of the key to the right elbow from beyond 15 feet.
    Haha, he certainly has been able to in his career just has been a little sketchy this year from just watching and last year too when he was shooting a lot of mid range jumpers but then he'd have a game where he hit a heap of them, inconsistent the last few years maybe, a finesse bigman that can at times shoot from beyond the paint just with his skill in the post you'd rather him be there, I see him as a center who can play power forward with center being a little more natural to him not that he can't do both. He has a high IQ as a basketball player and seems from interviews to be pretty intelligent as a person, I'd rather say decent mid range or inconsistent I would rather not rely on it or have him rely on it for points the last 2 or so years.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

After the allstars last year, when everybody got healthy I believe Howard with Gasol, plus Kobe and Nash won 28 of 40 games, thats a 70% winning clip with a center like Howard playing along side Gasol who BTW is pretty flexible with his good medium range and high IQ.
    Memphis that past 5 years did pretty good with 2 low post players.
    Pops with DRob and Duncan, Twin Towers with Houston a couple of decades back, heck even with Kareem with players who have limited skills like Rambis etc.
    Was that when Gasol kept shooting mid range jumpers or was he cooperating with Howard in the post/sharing post touches with Pau shooting the occasional stretch jumper I can't really remember to be honest or can't be bothered getting stats too tired after a 6 hour car drive , he's flexible on offense I don't disagree and I'd rate his mid range the last few years as rather inconsistent when he's started to shoot more of them which happened gradually with I think Bynum's emergence and then D12.
    I don't you can't do well with two post players but I don't believe D'Antoni's system or him as a coach or how he likes to run his teams, although last year he was disregarded a little by the players, of course you can be successful with two post players, but the ones you put there don't really compare much to Gasol and Hill that well in my opinion? You have Hakeem and Sampson, Hakeem a top 3 center in my opinion who was deadly from the post and very good from mid range and Ralph Sampson before all his injury problems was a freak as well at 7"3, in terms of the Admiral and Duncan as well one is a great fundamental and great overall player in Duncan and a physical specimen in Robinson, and then even if your just using Kareem with whoever Kareem in my mind the second greatest center in NBA history a lot have him as the greatest, I didn't say you can't have two post players pure and simple just I don't think you can with D'Antoni as a coach, I'm sorry but Gasol can be a rather good player but Gasol and Hill compared to those combinations, it's more of a contrast than a true comparison of similarity, one finesse big man and a hustle player compared to first example arguably the most skilled center ever and another potential great center and Hakeem who was skilled and good enough to be a very good power forward, and Pop caters to his players and adjusts D'Antoni with two bigman didn't really is part of the problem but one top 10 player just about and arguably the greatest player of the last decade in Tim Duncan or one of with a once great player in the Admiral. That might have sounded a little harsh apologies I didn't mean any of that as insulting I am just defending that I didn't say that two post players can't play together or I didn't mean it that way just that I don't believe two players who are more natural centers can with a coach like D'Antoni unless his philosophy and style is disregarded which to a degree it was last year when there were reports players had basically held a team only meeting to discuss how they were going to play.

I agree with most of your opinions but a team dropping a system and just simply doing their "own thing"? seriously?
    Beating really good teams like OKC, Warriors, Spurs etc by just doing their own thing? HUH.
    YES, CoachBe Bryant is a million times better at coaching and understanding REAL BASKETBALL than 'Antoni aka No D Toni aka DumbAntoni

I guess you didn't watch the games or understand what was happening.

Its nice that you two folks are getting along.
    but My point remains. Pau CAN PLAY with another center.
    Pure truth that Pau can't make 15 footers in his career?
    What, he played like Shaq, attempted 95 % of his shots within 6 feet?
    Yes, he has a pretty good left and right hooks but checking on his shot chart under Phil a few years back. He ave around 50% shooting from top of the key to the right elbow from beyond 15 feet.
    LKF loves the Lakers so I have absolutely no problem with him
    I am never one to hold grudges.

You focus on TALENT when you should look at effort, energy, heart, desire, grit, determination, focus.....not to mention health. Without those things, TALENT is completely useless....so bye bye Pau!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    YES, CoachBe Bryant is a million times better at coaching and understanding REAL BASKETBALL than 'Antoni aka No D Toni aka DumbAntoni

I guess you didn't watch the games or understand what was happening.
    Oh, happy new year to you too DK, thanks for the insult.
    Only a great coaching mind like you..and your cohorts understand the nuances of the sport.
    right?, all the People disagree with you don't watch the games or are simply too dumb to understand. In the mean time, use that smart mind on this free website arguing with clueless posters like us.

Oh, happy new year to you too DK, thanks for the insult.
    Only a great coaching mind like you..and your cohorts understand the nuances of the sport.
    right?, all the People disagree with you don't watch the games or are simply too dumb to understand. In the mean time, use that smart mind on this free website arguing with clueless posters like us.

Someone's panties are in a bunch!!!!!!!

Eh....I insulted you??? No, if I want to insult you, everyone will know it. The fact that you didn't realize that the Lakers at Kobe's direction ignored the idiot coach and did their own thing to win tells me that you either don't understand enough or weren't watching.....it was extremely obvious. If anything, you insulted yourself with that statement......not to mention your barrage of petty comments.

I'm still Laughing my ass off that you got mad because I didn't criticize another posters comments Priceless!!!!

Nuances are not found on a stat sheet, I know you look there daily for them....but eh.......NO!!!!
    Last edited by DKLaker; 12-31-2013 at 02:17 AM.