Default Re: Girl Dilemma

Stop hijacking my thread!!!

TERRORISTSSTS!!!!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

TERRORISTSSTS!!!!
    You're a fat computer-nerd, I don't listen to fat computer-nerds.

I think you suck because you're considering to hook up with the "one who got away", that crap was 20 years ago.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

TERRORISTSSTS!!!!
    Sorry bro!

Like I said, go away for the weekend, nail the old flame, if it's good, work with it, if not, you have this new chick. You're not officially dating after 5 days, you are not in a real committed relationship.

Default Re: Girl dilema

2 women, 2 options. its a good problem to have, as long as u dont pull some zack morris type shit and go out on a date with them at the same restaurant niko's already touched base, you aren't married to either. don't drop the L word and just play the field. it's normal nowadays.

but if you're not that type (i know i'm not), than weigh your options. raz already said to spend time with the one that got away. if there is crazy chemistry still there... than you gotta do your soul searching.

i almost had the one that got away break up a relationship i was in 4 yrs back... i wish she had. cuz that shit was a mess anyways

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

If you are actually a fat computer nerd you should be embracing this situation, not stressing over it. Chances are exponentially low that you will experience this kind of phenomenon again in your life. Additionally, as another poster said, live in the present, not the illusion of what you thought you wanted 20 years ago. I have got together with girls that I thought I wanted years ago and it was nothing like I anticipated/hoped it would be.

Banned

'The one who got away' is probable not all that, at least she's not all you think she is. I've been there, you makes these girls perfect in your mind because you can't get with them, usually it turns out they are not as perfect as you thought. If the girl you're with right now is cool and fun, and you actually really like her, I'd stick with her and let the other one go.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Thanks guys, for all the advices.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    If you are actually a fat computer nerd you should be embracing this situation, not stressing over it. Chances are exponentially low that you will experience this kind of phenomenon again in your life. Additionally, as another poster said, live in the present, not the illusion of what you thought you wanted 20 years ago. I have got together with girls that I thought I wanted years ago and it was nothing like I anticipated/hoped it would be.
    I'm not really fat.

I'm 5'8 and around 145 lols.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    but if you're not that type (i know i'm not), than weigh your options. raz already said to spend time with the one that got away. if there is crazy chemistry still there... than you gotta do your soul searching.
    That's the problem...there is CRAZY chemistry w/ the one that got away.

But also with the new one.....

go with the new girl. its been 20 years since you talked with that old flame, and youve already said your technically in a relationship with the one who is moving to your town. if your first love is hotter - investigate. she if she has kids or any baggage. idk, but these are good problem, bruh. just dont be a dick and hurt either of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    My woman for life!

BTW, I did long distance for a year last year, she came out to NZ twice, and man, it's tough. Good luck with it
    We did a year too. I used to play soccer to pass the time, I was ****ing pele after a while.

My vote would have to be for the new girl too. I think you definitely need closure with the ex...so if you have to hang out some and close things off in a more official manner with her, go for it. But people always say, your ex is your ex for a reason. Everything is better in retrospect so hell, you might just see this "crazy chemistry" with the ex because you can't get the good times out of your head, but those good times were 20 years ago. It's hard to stay legitimately objective, and most importantly its hard to be fair to the new girl, when the other girl has all these fond memories that she's established with you clouding your judgement.

You said you and the new girl were talking on FB a lot. Were you communicating publicly or thru chat? Cuz that could make a huge difference in how legit everything with the ex is. When a girl sees or hears that her ex is into a new girl, she WILL try to reestablish herself whether she wants to be with the guy or not. Even if a girl doesn't want her ex, she doesn't wanna see anyone else "taking her spot" either. So shit she might just be hittin you up now because she found out you had someone new.

Either way though, you made a commitment to this new girl now. Again, your ex is your ex for a reason and you managed to go the past 20 years of your life without her being there. She had 20 years to get back in touch with you and never did. It's the new girl's turn and you owe it to you and yourself to give her a try. Old girl is the "one that got away"...well the new girl might be the one you never let get away.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    My vote would have to be for the new girl too. I think you definitely need closure with the ex...so if you have to hang out some and close things off in a more official manner with her, go for it. But people always say, your ex is your ex for a reason. Everything is better in retrospect so hell, you might just see this "crazy chemistry" with the ex because you can't get the good times out of your head, but those good times were 20 years ago. It's hard to stay legitimately objective, and most importantly its hard to be fair to the new girl, when the other girl has all these fond memories that she's established with you clouding your judgement.

You said you and the new girl were talking on FB a lot. Were you communicating publicly or thru chat? Cuz that could make a huge difference in how legit everything with the ex is. When a girl sees or hears that her ex is into a new girl, she WILL try to reestablish herself whether she wants to be with the guy or not. Even if a girl doesn't want her ex, she doesn't wanna see anyone else "taking her spot" either. So shit she might just be hittin you up now because she found out you had someone new.

Either way though, you made a commitment to this new girl now. Again, your ex is your ex for a reason and you managed to go the past 20 years of your life without her being there. She had 20 years to get back in touch with you and never did. It's the new girl's turn and you owe it to you and yourself to give her a try. Old girl is the "one that got away"...well the new girl might be the one you never let get away.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Thx

Just got off the phone w/ the "new girl".

She should be here within a month or so...

Go for it, for real.

The direct chance never really came up to get back with an ex, but i spent 2 years passing up girl after girl because me and my ex were still talking/hanging out. I kept thinking "the fact that we're still this close means the magic is still there". But it wasn't. I was passing up getting to know all these great girls because I wanted to be able to relive the glory days (college) that I spent with my ex. But in the end things never got pieced back together for us. We stayed friends and the love and memories will never die, but in the end we decided to just go our separate ways and both move on. But all those girls I could have gotten to know within those two years were with somebody else by then, and all it does is litter your life with question marks and "what ifs?"

There's a couple ways you can go with it

1. Pass on the ex and get to know the new girl, and you'll always be able to look back and say a) how your relationship with the ex went, and b) why things didn't work out with the ex

or

1. Pass on the new girl and get back with the ex. Difference is you'll never have anything to look back on, you'll never have any answers, and you'll never know if things would have worked out.

I suppose a guy could have worse problems to have to deal with. I should probably be counting my blessings.