Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: Official Horror Film Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Classic Horror Films >>> Modern Horror Films. I think Dawn of the Dead 2004 is the best horror movie in the last 20 years.

I thought Insidious was a good horror movie. But yes, I'd say the Dawn of the Dead remake was a damn solid zombie movie.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Gotta thank the thread starter for introducing me to the Tombs of the Dead series damn I consider myself a bit of a horror junkie but I've never come across it. Love those atmospheric types of horror movies (Also love the Italian Zombi 2 and Carpenter's apocalypse trilogy of The Thing, Prince of Darkness, and Into the Mouth of Madness).

On a side note, has anyone seen the trailer for Sinister with Ethan Hawke? It's getting decent reviews and is meant to be very scary (although cheesy) similar to Insidious (which I enjoyed). The trailer looked cool and the concept was fairly original yet still traditionally disturbing, definitely an 80s style film.

In a time when movies in general seem to pump out cliche after boring cliche, at least some original horrors come out every so often (especially during the fall months).

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaj5RN2cWHw

Would post this in the Anime thread, but thought it would be a better fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Gotta thank the thread starter for introducing me to the Tombs of the Dead series damn I consider myself a bit of a horror junkie but I've never come across it. Love those atmospheric types of horror movies (Also love the Italian Zombi 2 and Carpenter's apocalypse trilogy of The Thing, Prince of Darkness, and Into the Mouth of Madness).

On a side note, has anyone seen the trailer for Sinister with Ethan Hawke? It's getting decent reviews and is meant to be very scary (although cheesy) similar to Insidious (which I enjoyed). The trailer looked cool and the concept was fairly original yet still traditionally disturbing, definitely an 80s style film.

In a time when movies in general seem to pump out cliche after boring cliche, at least some original horrors come out every so often (especially during the fall months).

Ive just seen a billboard for it. Do you know when it's supposed to be released? Billboard looked interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I thought Insidious was a good horror movie. But yes, I'd say the Dawn of the Dead remake was a damn solid zombie movie.

I love that movie. James Wan had some great ideas. It's probably one of the scariest movies of all time.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Oh goody!!!! my fav time of the year!!!!

I haven't kept up with my horror movies in a long time, the last one I watched was REC3 which I wasn't a fan of.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Ive just seen a billboard for it. Do you know when it's supposed to be released? Billboard looked interesting.
    October 12th it's scheduled for nation wide release I believe. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYxydrVlDk

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed

Totally agree. Great choice. I watch this movie every October. Eventhough I hate fast zombies, I love this film.

I hate The Ring/The Grudge type films, possession movies, and M Night shit.

The Mist was great. Darabont film that genuinely scared Stephen King of his own work.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    The Mist was great. Darabont film that genuinely scared Stephen King of his own work.
    Love the Mist.

It wasn't a perfect film, I had gripes with it, but overall loved it.

Just saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZNVPiyl_ag

Go ahead and start laughing and name calling, this shit still looks interesting, it's been getting great reviews.

And….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkLds_Rpgm4
    Last edited by andgar923; 09-24-2012 at 03:21 PM.

I hate it when I see a trailer of a film I want to watch, but later forget about it entirely. At the moment I'm trying to remember some horror films that were supposed to be released months ago, but I forgot all about them.

Luckily there's an app for that, and I'll be using this since my fav genre is gonna burst with releases:

http://flickd.net

Dawn of the Dead 2004 is the best modern day zombie film. Halloween is less than 18 days. Going to watch some Horror Movie Marathons.

Best Halloween Themed Movie.