Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Just took my new iPhone 5 to the gym....WOW!

So I took my new iPhone to the gym and wow! What a difference the weight makes compared to my older one. The difference in weight is noticeable since I'm in my gym clothes.

Once again Apple wins on functionality. Yes, the new phone is bigger but it's not a monstrosity like most of these Droid phones.

One overlooked feature that I think sets off the phone......

Earphone jack on the bottom of the phone. That ish is amazing. Yes, something as simple as that makes changing tracks so much easier. When reaching for my pocket for the phone, it is no longer upside down where I would have to turn it the right side up to change tracks.

Now all I do is pull it out of my pocket and it's the right side up to change tracks on the screen. Brilliant.

I wouldn't expect Droid users to know anything about going to the gym and changing music. When your other arm is holding up weights.

Thank you Apple.

Functionality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Huge screen.

National High School Star

Default Re: Just took my new iPhone 5 to the gym....WOW!

lol, this coming from the guy who kept telling everyone "it's just a phone!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    lol, this coming from the guy who kept telling everyone "it's just a phone!"
    It's just a phone till I finally owned the new one.

It's the HOTNESS.

I recommend people to purchase it. It's well worth it. Just that plug makes life a lot easier. I always hated using my phone as a music player and always brought a small mp3 player but by putting the plug on the bottom is genius.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It's just a phone till I finally owned the new one.

It's the HOTNESS.

I recommend people to purchase it. It's well worth it. Just that plug makes life a lot easier. I always hated using my phone as a music player and always brought a small mp3 player but by putting the plug on the bottom is genius.
    The majority of us have no interest in shelling out $500+ for such minimal upgrades and stupid things like relocation of the headphone jack.

Also, if by shaving off fraction of ounces makes that much of a difference to you in the gym and when you carry it, you need to lift more weights brah. It's like those people who wear a shoe that is one ounce lighter thinks they are suddenly going to be a lot quicker and faster on the court

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    The majority of us have no interest in shelling out $500+ for such minimal upgrades and stupid things like relocation of the headphone jack.
    Did you not read the OP?

I just explained why something like changing the jack makes life very easy.

I expect other manufacturers to copy this relocation of the jack. Most people have their headphone cord stick up out of their pocket. So when they reach for the phone it's technically upside down.

By Apple doing this...bam!...FUNCTIONALITY is priceless.

EDIT: Yes, the weight is a difference especially when you are wearing loose mesh gym shorts/pants. It flings around in your pocket. It's not about lifting more weights.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Did you not read the OP?

I just explained why something like changing the jack makes life very easy.

I expect other manufacturers to copy this relocation of the jack. Most people have their headphone cord stick up out of their pocket. So when they reach for the phone it's technically upside down.

By Apple doing this...bam!...FUNCTIONALITY is priceless.

EDIT: Yes, the weight is a difference especially when you are wearing loose mesh gym shorts/pants. It flings around in your pocket. It's not about lifting more weights.
    Android was first to introduce Cloud service and it's PC/MAC free and then Apple copied it and brand it iCloud. Steve Jobs often criticized Android for being too large and wanted the same foam factor for his devices. Guess what? iPhone 5 is now larger. Notifications came from Android and now it's on IOS 5. Android browsers has tabs before Safari got one.
    Just to let you be aware that copying from one another is nothing new even for Apple.
    Last edited by redhonda76; 09-22-2012 at 08:44 PM.

i honestly cant tell if this is a troll thread or if hes serious?

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Android was first to introduce Cloud service and it's PC/MAC free and then Apple copied it and brand it iCloud. Steve Jobs often criticized Android for being too large and wanted the same foam factor for his devices. Guess what? iPhone 5 is now larger. Notifications came from Android and now it's on IOS 5. Android browsers has tabs before Safari got one.
    Just to let you be aware that copying from one another is nothing new even for Apple.
    This guy coming in to rain all over the OP's parade

As if all this is going to make the OP toss his phone in the trash and head out to by a droid phone

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I think it's a troll thread for the most part but people going agro none the less.

OP's got EuroLeague personality.

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked

As if all this is going to make the OP toss his phone in the trash and head out to by a droid phone
    Just stating the facts, that's all.

Banned

Why would't I be serious?

I actually spent the money and upgraded and love every penny spent.

All these guys can come here and say it sucks but they haven't even handled the phone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked

It will stop raining as my parade will still continue till the next iPhone is out.

Loving this device.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Just stating the facts, that's all.
    You may be right...everyone copies everyone in terms of software because let's face it. There is so much you can do with software.

I'm talking about "form factor" and "functionality" where Apple dominates their competitors.

Again, watch as these companies start putting earphone jacks on the bottom.

Apple has a great OS system in it's phone but what separates them from the competitor is form factor and how the device in it's physical form functions.

Great product.

EDIT: To all Droid users....please stop being the hipsters of the phone community. Stop saying how your open source is that much greater when you don't know how to program anything -or- even customize a device.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 09-22-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Banned

Also, the new A6 chip makes the phone fast as hell. It's like instantaneous shifts from apps to apps.

Safari is super fast now.

I'm not going to argue with the Droid drones anymore but for those that have the iPhone 4...the 5 is a huge upgrade in terms of it's speed.

It runs super fast and smooth. Doesn't lag at all.