Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #16
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Default Re: Horry reveals the .4 Fisher shot happened because Popovich disliked Kobe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankaii
So if with 5 seconds left in the 4th quarter, the Warriors threw out Curry/Klay/KD/Dray/Zaza and Zara got scored on by Kyrie, there would be no flack for Iggy not being out there?

Why the hell would you want 36 year old slow TD guarding the perimeter as opposed to a forward more capable of defending the 3?

Again you're questioning the IQ of the GOAT coach. Who are you?
You're comparing Zaza to Timmy?

Kobe would have missed, he was too far away with 0.4 seconds...but he has his share of beating the Spurs in close games. Pretty sure he was the one who hit the shot before Duncan's lucky ass shot.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #17
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Default Re: Horry reveals the .4 Fisher shot happened because Popovich disliked Kobe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
You're comparing Zaza to Timmy?

Kobe would have missed, he was too far away with 0.4 seconds...but he has his share of beating the Spurs in close games. Pretty sure he was the one who hit the shot before Duncan's lucky ass shot.
Are you retarded?
36 year old Tim Duncan is no better ON THE PERIMETER.
This shouldn't even be a discussion. Anyone with a brain, aka Pop the GOAT coach, would have a PERIMETER player to guard a PERIMETER shot. TD can't guard the perimeter so there was no point in having him in at all.

You can't expect some mireacle rebound and 3 to happen.
Bankaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #18
Xiengqichess
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

It was not dislike, it was fear!
Xiengqichess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #19
soots
I rule the local playground

Its common sense to disregard anything big shot rob says about the spurs and Pop.

He pretty much blames Pop for 9/11 and world hunger and cancer
soots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #20
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Are you retarded?
36 year old Tim Duncan is no better ON THE PERIMETER.
This shouldn't even be a discussion. Anyone with a brain, aka Pop the GOAT coach, would have a PERIMETER player to guard a PERIMETER shot. TD can't guard the perimeter so there was no point in having him in at all.

You can't expect some mireacle rebound and 3 to happen.
Nah Duncan was a great defender up until the end. And here you are, comparing him to Zaza

Pop cost the Spurs at least 1 ring with pulling Duncan. Who did he replace him with and why was Ray Allen still open? Did it have anything to do with the fact that the guy they brought in didn't get a rebound that Duncan likely gets? I've seen Pau Gasol block a Ray Allen shot at the end of a game to clinch victory, Duncan was always better than Pau. Pop would have pulled Pau as well, for a guy who likely doesn't block the shot (even though Ginobli had a game sealing block on Harden this past playoff )
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #21
dhsilv
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
So if with 5 seconds left in the 4th quarter, the Warriors threw out Curry/Klay/KD/Dray/Zaza and Zara got scored on by Kyrie, there would be no flack for Iggy not being out there?

Why the hell would you want 36 year old slow TD guarding the perimeter as opposed to a forward more capable of defending the 3?

Again you're questioning the IQ of the GOAT coach. Who are you?

Do you even know the 5 spurs in the game in question? I'll wait before I bother to respond
dhsilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #22
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Nah Duncan was a great defender up until the end. And here you are, comparing him to Zaza

Pop cost the Spurs at least 1 ring with pulling Duncan. Who did he replace him with and why was Ray Allen still open? Did it have anything to do with the fact that the guy they brought in didn't get a rebound that Duncan likely gets? I've seen Pau Gasol block a Ray Allen shot at the end of a game to clinch victory, Duncan was always better than Pau. Pop would have pulled Pau as well, for a guy who likely doesn't block the shot (even though Ginobli had a game sealing block on Harden this past playoff )
So 36 TD was a good perimeter defender? You really want to say that bullshit

Pop made the right decision. Defend the 3 point line with your best possible perimeter defenders since the Heat were obviously going to take a 3.

Absolutely no one can expect what happened to happen, and you're trying to base your judgment on that.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #23
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsilv
Do you even know the 5 spurs in the game in question? I'll wait before I bother to respond
I'm pretty sure it was TP/Manu/Kawhi/Green/Diaw. I'll check later.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #24
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

“The funny part is if I’d have did what I wanted to do, we would’ve won that game.

Robert has completely lost it.

Dude is so full of himself. What an unlikeable dude
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #25
Vancouver-Grizz
Rich Manning is my dad

what is Horry's deal in takin shots against the Spurs?
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: