Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-19-2014, 05:28 AM   #1306
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
I was thinking about walking and running as well..Maybe I will eat vegemite crackers or tuna crackers for a week haha

Fuck vegemite.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 AM   #1307
JohnFreeman
BTE Made man

JohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Fuck vegemite.
I love vegemite Do you think if I eat less for a week my body will re adjust to normal meals?
JohnFreeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #1308
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Today's Workout.

5*5 Squat
3*8 Chin
3*8 CGBP
3*8 Curl
3*8 Dip
3*20 Lateral Raise
3*10 Sloww Hanging Leg Raise
5 * 5 Full Russian Contact Twist
25 Stomach Vacuum

Yeah Buddy. I wanna look pretty.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #1309
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Brazil and Puerto Rico bound this year, the slim down to 210lbs is going well
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #1310
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Brazil and Puerto Rico bound this year, the slim down to 210lbs is going well

A deadline to make us accountable. Nice. When's the trip?

I have a photoshoot for my brother's friend that I said yes to last year. It's only now that both of us are free enough to work on it but a lot of things came up in school so I asked him for a couple extra weeks to get in better shape again. I'm supposed to be portraying Tarzan so I definitely don't wanna screw that up.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #1311
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Finished eight weeks of Madcow

At the start my lifts (from my competition 12/24) were 375 squat, 245 bench, 475 deadlift

At the end of the cycle my lifts are now 405 X 5 squat, 245 X 5 bench, 465 X 5 deadlift.

I guess sticking with a program does have its benefits.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 03-02-2014 at 02:45 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #1312
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
A deadline to make us accountable. Nice. When's the trip?

I have a photoshoot for my brother's friend that I said yes to last year. It's only now that both of us are free enough to work on it but a lot of things came up in school so I asked him for a couple extra weeks to get in better shape again. I'm supposed to be portraying Tarzan so I definitely don't wanna screw that up.

Having a goal to cut weight for is going to help immensely, usually I suck at cutting but 210 would be the lowest weight I've been in 8 years.

Puerto Rico is in August and Brazil is shortly after in October. You got a lot to live up to if you're going to be Tarzan, get to work
Old 03-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #1313
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Today's Workout.

5*5 Squat
3*8 Chin
3*8 CGBP
3*8 Curl
3*8 Dip
3*20 Lateral Raise
3*10 Sloww Hanging Leg Raise
5 * 5 Full Russian Contact Twist
25 Stomach Vacuum

Yeah Buddy. I wanna look pretty.

the most underrated ab workout. been doing these for my physio from a disc injury. Do you do them seated/lying down/standing? I find they're harder when seated.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #1314
abuC
Cuba

All the rehab stuff I do for my shoulders the best one is probably face pulls, not only do they help balance my shoulders and prevent the clicking/popping, they have really given my rear delts a "cut" look that I didn't have before. Not to mention they also hit your traps, I have weak looking traps so that's a bonus.

I also highly recommend doing stomach vacuums, they get your waist smaller, abs popping and you can do them pretty much anywhere at anytime.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:45 AM   #1315
JohnFreeman
BTE Made man

JohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputationJohnFreeman has a terrific reputation

Lost 2 kilos
JohnFreeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:49 AM   #1316
plowking
greeting earthlings

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone done Smolov Jr before for their bench? I started yesterday in hopes to get back up to about 340lbs for bench for one rep max, since I've lost some weight again recently, and in turn strength this time.

What kind of gains can I expect? Seems a bit too easy, but then again, it was just the first day. But simply looking at the program, it doesn't look as taxing as some stuff I've done previously. I'm guessing the gains come through doing the motion so many times and your body working on efficiency in the lift, rather than actual strength?

Might do the one for squat as well immediately after if I find good results on the bench one.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #1317
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Anyone done Smolov Jr before for their bench? I started yesterday in hopes to get back up to about 340lbs for bench for one rep max, since I've lost some weight again recently, and in turn strength this time.

What kind of gains can I expect? Seems a bit too easy, but then again, it was just the first day. But simply looking at the program, it doesn't look as taxing as some stuff I've done previously. I'm guessing the gains come through doing the motion so many times and your body working on efficiency in the lift, rather than actual strength?

Might do the one for squat as well immediately after if I find good results on the bench one.

There's a few people on the powerlifting section of bb.com boards that have run it with great success. Are you going off of the percentages laid out in the routine? May seem easy, but that volume is a killer, especially once you get to 80-90% of your max. Doing 10 triples of that isn't too fun. Every review of smolov I read states that it is hard as **** to go through with all the volume.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #1318
plowking
greeting earthlings

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
There's a few people on the powerlifting section of bb.com boards that have run it with great success. Are you going off of the percentages laid out in the routine? May seem easy, but that volume is a killer, especially once you get to 80-90% of your max. Doing 10 triples of that isn't too fun. Every review of smolov I read states that it is hard as **** to go through with all the volume.

Fair enough.

I've read a few, and most seem happy, but just going by some reviews, seems as though some just went right back to their regular bench numbers after about 2 or so weeks being off the program.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #1319
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

Hmm, just got up to the 10 triples today, and I gotta say, it was quite taxing. I was doing 265lbs, with a pause on the last rep. That was a killer on the last two sets, and I was pretty spent after that. I'm doing a lot of lower trap, and rhomboid work as my assistance exercises just so my back doesn't get knots like crazy. I'm already noticing my upper traps are getting really tight.

I already have enough trouble with knots between the shoulder blades. I've got the tennis ball out and in between there nearly every second day.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #1320
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

alenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this board

for the men that squat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wngsO-Z4n7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlySZmiLgD0

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: