Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

They had the 10th best record last year. :rollingeyes:

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Can't believe the number of people who have left Cleveland off this list. They were the 3rd best record in the East last yr with two major injuries. AV is playing better and should be healthy all year. Hughes played decently with LeBron since they only got 28 games before the injury. We were 18 - 10 in those games. Cavs are a top 10 team no doubt.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    They had the 10th best record last year. :rollingeyes:
    Yeah, because being 10th last season automatically makes you 10th again this year.

How can everyone diss the Nets like this.

Heat
    Mavs
    Spurs
    Suns
    Nets
    Cavs
    Clips
    Bulls
    Detroit
    Nuggets

Saw a basketball once

What's the deal with everyone hypin up houston? If yall recall last year espn not to mention just about every other sports outlet had them #2 in the western conference behind the spurs. I realize t-mac SHOULD be healthy this year, but that's what they thought last year too. Also, whether the kings resign bonzi is completely irrelevant because he was playing for a contract last year, they're going to suck either way; i give them an outside shot of getting a 7th or 8th seed.

1. Phoenix - look what they accomplished without Amare, think of what they will with him
    2. Miami - Everyone returned, we'll see how much Shaq has left
    3. Dallas - Will contend for top in the west, but wont make it back to the finals
    4. San Antonio - Didn't add enough this off season, but the big 3 is enough to be elite
    5. Cleveland - Lebron. enough said
    6. Detroit - Chicago will challenge for division title but Ben Wallace probably isn't enough to overtake them.
    7. New Jersey - underachieved last year, deeper now because of the draft
    8. Chicago - Big Ben was a nice upgrade for defense but the loss of Chandler slows the tempo down a bit; i still think theyre one piece away from really making a push in the playoffs.
    9. New Orleans - Chris Paul is the man and now he has all kinds of young and athletic talent to run with him.
    10. Washington - Arenas is a man with a mission and they should cause trouble for some of the upper Eastern Conference teams

Outside looking in - Lakers(Kobe alone gives them that), Toronto(could be a stretch, but theyre so young and athletic and Brian Colangelo is putting together a Phoenix Suns of the East)

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    Yeah, because being 10th last season automatically makes you 10th again this year.
    And what exactly makes them not a top 10 team? Are you Nostradamus? Other teams have improved so have the Lakers, at least we didn't lose any key players.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    How can everyone diss the Nets like this.
    Because everyone forgeta about them Every other team has made signings and trades to get better. The Nets got 2 rookies who won't be huge impact players this yr and everyone under estimates the Mikki Moore signing. The other reason Vince. His mind is not on ball right now its on his wife and kid. We all know that family (Tmac) aren't always the most focussed people. Carter could prove me wrong and accually play or he could be Vince Carter of old and whine and cry and act like he is injured. No one knows which wil show up.

I put the Nets 10 on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by alayman
    1. Phoenix - look what they accomplished without Amare, think of what they will with him
    2. Miami - Everyone returned, we'll see how much Shaq has left
    3. Dallas - Will contend for top in the west, but wont make it back to the finals
    4. San Antonio - Didn't add enough this off season, but the big 3 is enough to be elite
    5. Cleveland - Lebron. enough said
    6. Detroit - Chicago will challenge for division title but Ben Wallace probably isn't enough to overtake them.
    7. New Jersey - underachieved last year, deeper now because of the draft
    8. Chicago - Big Ben was a nice upgrade for defense but the loss of Chandler slows the tempo down a bit; i still think theyre one piece away from really making a push in the playoffs.
    9. New Orleans - Chris Paul is the man and now he has all kinds of young and athletic talent to run with him.
    10. Washington - Arenas is a man with a mission and they should cause trouble for some of the upper Eastern Conference teams)
    You have 6 Eastern Confrence teams. That is stupid if I have ever heard of stupid.

NBA rookie of the year

Default re:

I want to revise my list. I forgot about the Bulls.

Heat
    Mavs
    Spurs
    Suns
    Pistons
    Nets
    Cavaliers
    Bulls
    Clippers
    Kings

the reason why I am not overrating the Bulls (i possibly will once the season progresses) is that you really don't know what you are getting besides anything on paper.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Umm are u serious?

Kidd >>>>> Bibby

Carter=Artest IMO. What vince is better at offense is what artest is better at defense.

Jefferson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sharee f
    lol Kidd doesn't have much years in him left, Bibby scores more, good assist man, but Kidd just spreads out his stats more. The Kings don't need that from Mike.

Carter is overrated imo. thats just my opinion so don't get on me about that. All he really does is dunk and score layups or get to the free throw line. When the Kings play the nets, I'm always like..let him shoot, let him shoot ..

Shareef on the Kings is a totally different player from Shareef on any other of his old teams. like over 20 ppg i remember. But yeah I agree Jefferson is better than shareef right now, but not THAT much better.

Artest>Carter IMO.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

And what exactly makes them not a top 10 team? Are you Nostradamus? Other teams have improved so have the Lakers, at least we didn't lose any key players.
    Because only Laker fans see the addition of Radmonovich and Farmer as "improvements". Almost every single WC team improved. Lakers will be lucky to crack the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    Because only Laker fans see the addition of Radmonovich and Farmer as "improvements". Almost every single WC team improved. Lakers will be lucky to crack the playoffs.
    Right, and how exactly did the Spurs, Clips, Kings improve?

NBA rookie of the year

Default re:

Artest>Carter IMO.

offensively, Carter >> artest

no question, dont give me that "Artest isnt' a #1 option" crap.

Artest's defense is vastly superior. i remember in one of the 8 games he played vs the Nets this past season when he was on Indy, he shut down both Carter AND jefferson... sick...

anyway

Kidd/VC/RJ >>> Bibby/Wells/Artest

Saw a basketball once

1 - Heats
    2 - Mavs
    3 - Suns
    4 - Clips
    5 - Spurs
    6 - Pistons
    7 - Bulls
    8 - Cavs
    9 - Nets
    10 - Nuggets

My sleepers; Sonics, kings, Rockets, Lakers and Magic.