Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe's 2010 Game 7 REEVALUATED: Mamba Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by 32MJ32
    People need to let the 6-for-24 thing go. Mike went 6-for-22 in Game 6 of the 1996 Finals and won the MVP for that series.
    in most important game of his life
    he missed 20 shots and had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist

Sorry, it was 5 for 19 for Mike. I forgot the exact number. You know why? Because it doesn't matter. He nearly had a triple double and they won the game and the series.

You guys treat field goal percentage like it's the blessed word of the Basketball Gods or something.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    AnotherStan added to my ignore list. Kobe played about 30 feet from Rondo. Makes it pretty easy to catch the rebounds that land in your hands. The Celtics missing their main pivot made it harder to box out Bynum/Gasol. While they were busy battling the biggest frontline in the league, Kobe had easy access to boards. Kobe choked in this game. Showed he doesn't belong amongst the MJ/Magic/Bird/KAJ/Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem's of the world. Just outside of them is a fair ranking.
    This. Rebounds can be an overrated stat. Lebron had 19 rebounds to go along with a near triple double in game 6 vs. the Celtics. It doesn't mean he had a great game.

They won cause the role players stepped up in the end and the Celtics were completely gassed out. Kobe had his contributions but he didn't outshine and contribute anymore then Artest, Gasol, Fisher, etc unlike the players you mentioned above who repeatedly were the main reasons there teams won in big games.

And lets not forget, if he was someone like Paul Pierce, he'd get a much bigger pass. But he's not. He's a guy thats constantly compared to the GOAT, who some actually think is GOAT, and has the reputation of the best player in the league and one of the most clutch players in history. Given his rep, he came up incredibly short.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

How come now rebounds are so important but when people bring up Jordan's huge games where he'd have 60+ points, 15+ rebounds and 5+ assists, Kobe fans say "81 POINTS".

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    in most important game of his life
    he missed 20 shots and had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist
    You're trying to show that Jordan had a bad game here right? You're referring to 98, game 6, where Pippen was hurt and nothing more than a decoy, and Jordan put the team on his back and carried them offensively (at times on the floor with Jud Buchelr, STeve Kerr, Luc Longley, and 37 year old Rodman), right?

You're referring to the game where Jordan had arguably the clutchest, most i'm-taking-over-this-game-we-ain't-losing final minute in the HISTORY OF ALL BASKETBALL, right?

You're trying to paint this picture of Jordan not having a good game because of his assists and rebound numbers, right?

TRY AGAIN, YOU'VE FAILED.

Stick with picking on Lebron to make Kobe look superior, because the moment you pull Jordan into this, you lose your case completely. Kobe, right now, still has a case for being "better/superior" than Lebron. He has zero case against Jordan.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    He also was an SG that came up clutch and collected 15 boards in what is probably the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time in a game 7. I've never seen Jordan for example come up so big with so many clutch rebounds.
    Then you clearly haven't watched enough Jordan games. Kobe had 4 defensive rebounds in the 4th quarter in game 7 (no offensive boards), with the last one coming with 4:16 remaining in the game. That's not "clutch" time, sorry. Compare that with Jordan, who had 4 boards in the 4th quarter of game 7 vs. Indiana (2 offensive) including a huge offensive rebound with 1:50 left over 3 Pacers and a crucial defensive rebound with 16 seconds left (Jordan had 5 offensive boards that game, Kobe had 4 o-rebs).

This is not even to mention all the other games I could cite (Jordan only played in 3 game 7's in his career). Jordan was definitely a better and more clutch rebounder than Kobe in both the regular and postseason. Great effort on the boards by Kobe that game, but let's stop with the hyperbole.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 08-30-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Aside from one key bucket where he grabbed an offensive board and jammed it in, Pau wasn't any more exceptional than Kobe down the stretch. They both scored and grabbed boards to build up the lead once Fisher Hit the 3 with Artest contributing some key buckets as well. I'd hesitate to anoint a player of the second half. If anything I'd give it to Kobe simply because he controlled his impulses in the final stretch. He was frustratingly idiotic in the first half. ;)
    For some reason, I find the bolded statements so funny - must be frustrating to want it so much and can't perform.

"... the more I tried to push, the more it kept getting away from me.”

"... I wanted it so bad, and sometimes when you want it so bad, it slips away from you. My guys picked me up.” - Kobe

Anyway, here's the coach's opinion (and my impression too):

"Ron Artest was the most valuable player tonight," Phil Jackson said. "He brought life to our team."
    Last edited by rmt; 08-31-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Then you clearly haven't watched enough Jordan games. Kobe had 4 defensive rebounds in the 4th quarter in game 7 (no offensive boards), with the last one coming with 4:16 remaining in the game. That's not "clutch" time, sorry. Compare that with Jordan, who had 4 boards in the 4th quarter of game 7 vs. Indiana (2 offensive) including a huge offensive rebound with 1:50 left over 3 Pacers and a crucial defensive rebound with 16 seconds left

This is not even to mention all the other games I could cite (Jordan only played in 3 game 7's in his career). Jordan was definitely a better and more clutch rebounder than Kobe in both the regular and postseason. Great effort on the boards by Kobe that game, but let's stop with the hyperbole.
    Thank you for putting the trolls back in place. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, Kobe's rebounds weren't nearly as crucial or important as Gasol's rebound. I was writing that going off by memory (I have seen the game multiple times, with 3 months ago most recent), but thank you for giving a exact number--Kobe's last rebound came with 4:16 remaining in the game.

I'm not dissing Kobe's 15 rebounds. 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds--it's impressive. But these Kobe trolls trying to paint Kobe as some savior for the team by willing himself to crash the boards?

go home with that bullsh*t.

Like I've mentioned, most of his rebounds came form standing around 15 feet and the ball just bouncing his way. They weren't "controlling the paint" type of rebounds. GASOL AND BYNUM were pounding/protecting the paint. (Yes, Bynum didn't have a high total number, but watch the first quarter, him and Gasol killed the inside and kept getting Lakers second and third chance shots).

And the whole "Jordan's never grabbed as many rebounds in a game 7"???

WTF kinda gimmicky qualifier achievement is that? Jordan never grabbed 15 boards in a game 7... could it be because he played in few game 7s and he didn't play against a team who missed so many shots?

LOL at these gimmick achievements. Here, I'll give you Kobe stans a few more:

I'm sure Jordan has never hit back-to-back threes to beat Portland to clinch a Pacific division title.

Jordan never once, in his life, tipped in a crucial missed shot to beat the Pacers after Shaq fouled out.

Jordan has not hit one clutch NBA shots in 2010, while Kobe has hit a few.

DAMN, Kobe's achieved so much that Jordan never could do!!!
    Last edited by EricForman; 08-30-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Thank you for putting the trolls back in place. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, Kobe's rebounds weren't nearly as crucial or important as Gasol's rebound. I was writing that going off by memory (I have seen the game multiple times, with 3 months ago most recent), but thank you for giving a exact number--Kobe's last rebound came with 4:16 remaining in the game.

I'm not dissing Kobe's 15 rebounds. 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds--it's impressive. But these Kobe trolls trying to paint Kobe as some savior for the team by willing himself to crash the boards?

go home with that bullsh*t.

Like I've mentioned, most of his rebounds came form standing around 15 feet and the ball just bouncing his way. They weren't "controlling the paint" type of rebounds. GASOL AND BYNUM were pounding/protecting the paint. (Yes, Bynum didn't have a high total number, but watch the first quarter, him and Gasol killed the inside and kept getting Lakers second and third chance shots).

And the whole "Jordan's never grabbed as many rebounds in a game 7"???

WTF kinda gimmicky qualifier achievement is that? Jordan never grabbed 15 boards in a game 7... could it be because he played in few game 7s and he didn't play against a team who missed so many shots?

LOL at these gimmick achievements. Here, I'll give you Kobe stans a few more:

I'm sure Jordan has never hit back-to-back threes to beat Portland to clinch a Pacific division title.

Jordan never once, in his life, tipped in a crucial missed shot to beat the Pacers after Shaq fouled out.

Jordan has not hit one clutch NBA shots in 2010, while Kobe has hit a few.

DAMN, Kobe's achieved so much that Jordan never could do!!!
    Is that a pic of you in your avatar?

Dude was playing on a busted knee, that makes his performance all the more remarkable.

The KNEE is the most crucial body part to playing basketball well(but you're clearly too young and too stupid to realize that). Someones jealous Kobe can play through the pain but McGrady can't

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    The KNEE is the most crucial body part to playing basketball well(but you're clearly too young and too stupid to realize that). Someones jealous Kobe can play through the pain but McGrady can't
    No one could play through the injuries McGrady had, you ****ing moron. LOL @ you for bringing T-Mac up. Still gloating over the fact he got hurt which allowed your boy Kobe to become the Best SG in the league?

This game showed no D playing McGrady was never on his level, Kobe completely locked him down in the 4th too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8RndUf-0Y

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    This game showed no D playing McGrady was never on his level, Kobe completely locked him down in the 4th too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8RndUf-0Y
    Whatever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9CntY6PoE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_MH...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds5JbmRS-Pk

I usually hit open layups

Kobe =one of worst final performers

Deal with it.