Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers Roser Fill-out Talk

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I was talking about straight cap, not the MLE.

Not sure on Bev, I'd have to look at contending teams....certainly he'll be in high demand imo.

Yes, 10 to 12 will most likely get you a Green or Reddick, although they may want multiple years as well. That was my point...that 10 to 12 of cap is only getting you 1 quality role player now.
    Right but what I was saying was use that cap space (12.5m after hypothetically signing Dlo) to go out and nab Green/Redick and a guy like Pat Bev. Whether that mean to throw all 12.5 to Green and give Bev the 6m MLE or whatever, so be it.

IDK man I think the team will be fine tbh, can't really go too wrong with Bron/AD as your building blocks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Right but what I was saying was use that cap space (12.5m after hypothetically signing Dlo) to go out and nab Green/Redick and a guy like Pat Bev. Whether that mean to throw all 12.5 to Green and give Bev the 6m MLE or whatever, so be it.

IDK man I think the team will be fine tbh, can't really go too wrong with Bron/AD as your building blocks.
    I think the team will be fine as well. I love the trade for both teams.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Non Max player/top of line wishlist: Beverly,Brogdan, Collison, Rozier....Reddick,Ross, Lamb, Green...Bogdonovich,Miratic, Lopez,Morris

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

No 3rd star.

Our biggest splash should be Brogdon. Just go up to 18m. Bucks won

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]No 3rd star.

Dunking on everybody in the park LAVAR BALL's Avatar

[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]No 3rd star.

Quote Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
    I don't know the Buck's cap situation, but a 24 yo 50/40/90/Good Defense/Poised player for 18M a year? I would match without second thoughts. The guy could be a legit second option/2nd floor general in a few years
    Fking Eric Bledsoe got that much and brogdan is way better than him lol

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
    I don't know the Buck's cap situation, but a 24 yo 50/40/90/Good Defense/Poised player for 18M a year? I would match without second thoughts. The guy could be a legit second option/2nd floor general in a few years
    If they did match after resigning Middleton they would be paying a lot in luxury tax. Though that might not matter to them. So you prob right.

It's a bit dependent on whether or not Davis is supposed to take the 5 or 4 spot, but if Kawhi or perhaps Kyrie aren't possible, these would be some of the players that fit best around AD, Lebron and Kuzma.

Center
    Lopez or Dedmon(if AD wants the 4 spot), with Kuzma as a 6th man or potentially Lopez or Dedmon could be the 6th man with AD starting at the 5, though the former being the likely scenario.

Forward
    Bogdanovic, Ariza, Mirotic

Guard
    Beverly, Brogdon, Reddick, Rubio, Green, Curry

AD - Lebron - Kuzma - Brogdon - Beverly I think is my favorite realistic starting 5 next year if Kawhi isn't coming and AD wants the 5 spot.
    Javale - Wagner - Ariza - Bullock - Rondo for backups or something similar.

If AD wants the 4 spot I think my favorite would be something similar to

Lopez/Dedmon - AD - Lebron - Brogdon - Beverly

Javale - Wagner - Kuzma - Bullock/KCP(if he can be signed going over the cap due to bird rights) - Rondo as backups.
    Last edited by ZenMaster; 06-18-2019 at 05:59 AM.

At the end of the day, the Lakers can't make the same idiotic moves they did last summer.

It will be hard to get what is needed, but what is needed is abundantly clear...just like last year.

This team needs defense, shooting, and guard play. Anyone that argues shooting isn't what this team needs...doesn't know a damn thing.

Can they get what they really need? I'm not sure, but guys like Rondo/Lance are the exact opposite of what this team needed last year...and that remains true this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    At the end of the day, the Lakers can't make the same idiotic moves they did last summer.

It will be hard to get what is needed, but what is needed is abundantly clear...just like last year.

This team needs defense, shooting, and guard play. Anyone that argues shooting isn't what this team needs...doesn't know a damn thing.

Can they get what they really need? I'm not sure, but guys like Rondo/Lance are the exact opposite of what this team needed last year...and that remains true this year.
    Agreed with everything except for the last line...Rondo could absolutely have played better for us, no doubt. But Lance had a nice season for himself and a positive impact on the team. I have absolutely no problem with the team bringing him back as the backup shooting guard.

He shot 37% from three, played good defense, was unselfish, and had no issues as a member of the Lakers whatsoever. He got a tech here and there, but his impact was more positive than negative.

I wouldn't give him any of the cap room (obviously) or even the smaller MLE; Give him the vets minimum and if he accepts, welcome back to the team my G. Same goes for Rondo honestly, if he's willing to accept the vet minimum, welcome back to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Agreed with everything except for the last line...Rondo could absolutely have played better for us, no doubt. But Lance had a nice season for himself and a positive impact on the team. I have absolutely no problem with the team bringing him back as the backup shooting guard.

He shot 37% from three, played good defense, was unselfish, and had no issues as a member of the Lakers whatsoever. He got a tech here and there, but his impact was more positive than negative.

I wouldn't give him any of the cap room (obviously) or even the smaller MLE; Give him the vets minimum and if he accepts, welcome back to the team my G. Same goes for Rondo honestly, if he's willing to accept the vet minimum, welcome back to the team.
    Lance on the vet minimum would probably be fine, but I don't know...he's always a bit of an annoyance. Sometimes for the opposite team, sometimes for his own team.

But on the vet minimum...I think that is fine...I was talking about how they spend the real cap space, not just fill out roster with minimum level players.

"Fill it up"

"Don't stop"

-Jeanie Buss

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    It's a bit dependent on whether or not Davis is supposed to take the 5 or 4 spot, but if Kawhi or perhaps Kyrie aren't possible, these would be some of the players that fit best around AD, Lebron and Kuzma.

Center
    Lopez or Dedmon(if AD wants the 4 spot), with Kuzma as a 6th man or potentially Lopez or Dedmon could be the 6th man with AD starting at the 5, though the former being the likely scenario.

Forward
    Bogdanovic, Ariza, Mirotic

Guard
    Beverly, Brogdon, Reddick, Rubio, Green, Curry

AD - Lebron - Kuzma - Brogdon - Beverly I think is my favorite realistic starting 5 next year if Kawhi isn't coming and AD wants the 5 spot.
    Javale - Wagner - Ariza - Bullock - Rondo for backups or something similar.

If AD wants the 4 spot I think my favorite would be something similar to

Lopez/Dedmon - AD - Lebron - Brogdon - Beverly

Javale - Wagner - Kuzma - Bullock/KCP(if he can be signed going over the cap due to bird rights) - Rondo as backups.
    I would focus resources on guards..

AD is good enough at C and Lebron/Kuzma can both play 3+4. We have Wagner as backup and probably Jonathan Williams as 3rd string center for supercheap. We have enough versatility there between center/forward, but guards we don't have on roster except Bonga, who is 3rd string sg project I don't count yet.

We need guards guards guards.

Either starting pg or sg needs to be good defender. And one of them has to be able to hit the 3. Or you can have a 3-and-D player.. So yes, I agree with the bold portion. It would be a perfect backcourt. However, Brogdon will be offered about $20-22m/yr range by Bucks so that's tough to match

We should go after Beverley certainly with the MLE, so we should get a sg first to max out cap before MLE activates
    Last edited by bladefd; 06-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.

the fill-out needs to happen....

as of now, not enough.

Beverley, Brogdon, Green, Bog, Butler, Dedmon... 1/2 of these must be gotten

maybe that Paul buyout fantasy