Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default 4 people shot at Toronto parade...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ade-police-say

Those Canadians sure are civilized.

Default Re: 4 people shot at Toronto parade...

It's just a 1 in a million chance someone with a gun decides to shoot people. Considering that 2 million people showed up for the parade, it seems better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ade-police-say

Those Canadians sure are civilized.
    I was there. At Nathan Philips Square. It was an absolute disaster in every possible way. Jesus ****ing Christ. It's a miracle nobody died, assuming nobody dies of their injuries. There was two massive crowd surges/stampedes due to the shootings, the parade/team arrived at the square over 3 hours late, the security guards were TOTALLY incompetent, most of them didn't even have walkies, many didn't speak English very well at all.

I don't want to make it a racial/cultural thing, but Toronto is distressingly overcrowded with immigrants, and there is a certain *cough* macroethnicity that typically tends to shall we say *disproportionately* carry and discharge pistols illegally in Toronto. The parade was attended by 2 million people, which is 5.4% of the TOTAL POPULATION OF CANADA, and there were not even close to enough police and security to handle it. The Municipal Government of Toronto has a lot to answer for.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    I was there. At Nathan Philips Square. It was an absolute disaster in every possible way. Jesus ****ing Christ. It's a miracle nobody died, assuming nobody dies of their injuries. There was two massive crowd surges/stampedes due to the shootings, the parade/team arrived at the square over 3 hours late, the security guards were TOTALLY incompetent, most of them didn't even have walkies, many didn't speak English very well at all.

I don't want to make it a racial/cultural thing, but Toronto is distressingly overcrowded with immigrants, and there is a certain *cough* macroethnicity that typically tends to shall we say *disproportionately* carry and discharge pistols illegally in Toronto. The parade was attended by 2 million people, which is 5.4% of the TOTAL POPULATION OF CANADA, and there were not even close to enough police and security to handle it. The Municipal Government of Toronto has a lot to answer for.
    Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

Sounds crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

Sounds crazy.
    I heard on Toronto sports radio afterwards that all the Canadian journos were ducking for cover when (accurate) reports of shooters started, but Sam Mitchell didn't duck at all and was like "We're used to this kind of shit in Atlanta". Like every major North American city, Toronto has problems. I'm still so pissed at the incredibly poor planning by the city though.

I'm still so pissed at the incredibly poor planning by the city though.
    LOL, why? If you live there, you should know Toronto has the most incompetent city planners. Just look at your garbage subway system; 2 subway lines for 6 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    LOL, why? If you live there, you should know Toronto has the most incompetent city planners. Just look at your garbage subway system; 2 subway lines for 6 million people.
    I don't live there. I drove 2 hours to attend the parade and I wish I hadn't. I didn't realize how fukcing bad things had gotten.

Canadians ... quite the population of scumbags, surprisingly

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Canadians ... quite the population of scumbags, surprisingly
    And America is 100% scumbag free right? You have such a higher murder rate than us it's incredible. The problem was actually government incompetence in the planning of the event.

And America is 100% scumbag free right? You have such a higher murder rate than us it's incredible. The problem was actually government incompetence in the planning of the event.
    Not at all. We are notorious and often caricature and judged. We also have a much larger population. Canadians always are portrayed as harmless Pacifists but since the Finals and now with the parade ... proving the narrative totally false. Lots of Canadian scumbags hay?!

Not at all. We are notorious and often caricature and judged. We also have a much larger population. Canadians always are portrayed as harmless Pacifists but since the Finals and now with the parade ... proving the narrative totally false. Lots of Canadian scumbags hay?!
    I said murder rate. You have more murder per capita. By a long shot. And also more scumbags per capita in the USA I'd wager, although there are plenty of scumbags in Canada.

Not at all. We are notorious and often caricature and judged. We also have a much larger population. Canadians always are portrayed as harmless Pacifists but since the Finals and now with the parade ... proving the narrative totally false.
    Thats a desperate reach. It took something as monumental as a championship and 2 million people coming to one spot for something to go down (unfortunately) in Toronto of all places for you to say that when normally Canada is very.. VERY safe (relatively speaking of course, it ain't Japan).

The thing is, you wanna shit on Canadians in general when what you really should be saying is that Toronto is full of scumbags. That city is trash. The rest of Canada hates Toronto for a number of reasons.

Still, the number of parasites even in Toronto pales in comparison to any major city in USA.

I don't like Toronto at all and I don't care for USA either, so I have no horse in this race, but Toronto and Canada in general is a much more livable place than America. Shootings there are rare (again, relatively speaking).

I said murder rate. You have more murder per capita. By a long shot. And also more scumbags per capita in the USA I'd wager, although there are plenty of scumbags in Canada.
    I agree. Americans are a tougher breed, bruh

I agree. Americans are a tougher breed, bruh
    So Canadians are "scumbags" because four people got shot (not killed) by two thugs at a gathering of two million people, but Americans are a "tougher breed" because of a much higher murder rate, nice, you're making so much sense. Holy shit with delusional idiots like you around no wonder your country is so ****ed up.

BTW the USA had 17,250 murders in 2016, a per capita RATE of 5.35 murders per 100,000 people. By contrast Canada had 611 murders in 2016, a per capita RATE of 1.68 per 100,000 inhabitants. That means the USA has a per capita murder rate more than TRIPLE that of Canada. So don't bring that "higher population" bullsh!t in here son. I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of Americans who have been murdered over the last two decades, and their families and friends, take great comfort in the fact that it means that Americans are a "tougher breed".

You put that many people in a small area and shit's going to happen.