Local High School Star

Default Shopping list for 2015 T/DL ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-shopping-list

Not my druthers.. I wouldnt ....or at least I could never see a deal for Taj for actually happening...

...but on the internet thingy everyone can have an opinion.

Trade Suggestions 1 - a backup 5

Zaza Pachulia for Tyler Hansbrough, Greg Stiemsma and a future second round pick
    Jeff Withey for a future second round pick
    Henry Sims for a future second round pick

Trade Suggestions 2 - upgrade at 4

Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy for Terrence Ross, Chuck Hayes, Amir Johnson and a first-round pick
    David West for Amir Johnson and Landry Fields
    Brandon Bass for Chuck Hayes and a second-round pick

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Default Re: Shopping list for 2015 T/DL ?

Would do:

Henry Sims for a future 2nd
    David West for Amir and Fields
    Brandon Bass for Hayes and a 2nd

Sims is serviceable and giving up a second can hurt, but likely won't. David West is so much more talented than Amir Johnson and Landry Fields combined. Would miss Amir's athleticism though. Brandon Bass is basically a younger, better, Chuck Hayes, with a jump shot. A poor man's West, if you will.

Wouldn't do:

Jeff Withey for a 2nd

Just don't think he brings that much to the table. Would be okay in spot minutes, but kind of a worthless trade.

Would never happen:

Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy for Ross, Hayes, Amir and a first-round pick
    Zaza Pachulia for Hansbrough, Stiemsma and a future 2nd round pick

I don't think Toronto trades with the teams it is in direct competition with in the standings; and trading key players, no less.

One of the big things that this team needs is a game changing wing player. But not a Rudy Gay, always need to score, type player. We need someone who can take over the three and be consistent. Problem is, Ross and Amir are the weak players in the starting lineup. Ross moreso. But this team needs to move him and bring in a player who can be the clutch, unselfish player this team needs to make it far.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    One of the big things that this team needs is a game changing wing player. But not a Rudy Gay, always need to score, type player. We need someone who can take over the three and be consistent. Problem is, Ross and Amir are the weak players in the starting lineup. Ross moreso. But this team needs to move him and bring in a player who can be the clutch, unselfish player this team needs to make it far.
    Interesting as Ross just did get benched last night.

I guess my question is ... is that wing player James Johnson or is he strictly off the bench. He was a 1st rounder something like 25th over all 5 years ago (same draft as Derozan?). He certainly brings D but what about the rest of it..?

Interesting post Tlow... you seem to suggest that the move at the 3 is more of a priority than a move at the 4 which is counter intuitive to what a lot of so call experts put out there.

That wing guy should be out there in a couple scenerios. (1) you actually move for a 2 like EricBled from the Suns and move Derozan to the 3...or better still you use Tross and Landry Fields cap space for that player. Just not sure who that player is ?? Monta Ellis ?

Cant say I disagree. I suppose it would depend on the player / deal...

We definitely need an upgrade at the 3 and 4.

Ross has been an absolute disappointment and James Johnson is not the answer for starting three. JJ has great defence, but our 2nd wing needs to have a jump shot to complement the Lowry/Derozan drive and JJ's J should be seen as frequent as a full moon.

Ironically enough, a Chris Bosh-type player would be the perfect answer at the 4 for this team.

I would happily package Ross and no-defence-Vasquez for any sort of upgrade. Tired of losing.

A lot of experts are suggesting a 4 upgrade, yes. But at the same time, every time there is a loss, you see a lot of misguided 3's from Ross. If he were to drive that ball or dish it to the open man every once in a while, then would those misses equal wins? Maybe. Maybe Not. But someone has to play Devils Advocate and suggest something different. I have always been fond of Joe Johnson. And with the way that the Nets are going, I can't see them holding onto him for to much longer. Problem is price tag. And if we talk 4, then even though he is pretty much untouchable at this point, Paul Milsap would be a decent upgrade over much of the players names that are being thrown around. More reasonable acquisition to get at the 4? Greg Monroe. So wishlist time:

SF:
    Kawhi Leonard
    Joe Johnson
    Andre Iguodala/Nicholas Batum

PF:
    Paul Milsap
    Greg Monroe
    Andre Drummond (if he can get that free throw percentage up)

Mind you, pipedreams.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    Paul Milsap
    This is the guy I'd love to see on the Raptors. I think he'd fit perfectly.

Local High School Star

I think the targets at the 4 position ~ assuming we do try to upgrade there in the off season are relatively easy to point out. I think universally most Raptor fans want Amir to stay in a reduced role with a reduced financial hit on cap space. Great guy just starting to wear down.

You never know if any will sign here but there are sufficient candidates available as FA / RFA / some deal potential.

Paul Mislap
    Greg Monroe
    ** Tristan Thompson (Cavs** maybe we should be considering Canadians other than those named Wiggins.

The 3 position is the most interesting. They are a dime a dozen in the draft most every year but the developed "keepers" are just not available as FA / RFA. Joe Johnson and Kev Durant of course are the only established names that spring to mind and obviously there is a whole host of cap / probability issues with those type of scenarios.

It will be interesting to see what Ross brings the rest of the season as I think it is up to him / within his power to dictate his ticket in or out of Toronto.

I honestly think the best option that is available at the 4 is Draymond Green. The guy can do it all (pass, shoot, rebound, block shots) + he can defend the wing and the post positions (see Draymond on Blake Grffin). We'll have to pay him 12-14 million, but hey we could seriously use a guy like him.
    Last edited by kmart; 01-22-2015 at 09:12 PM.